Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
deaddisco

Interfloor Leakage Problem

HI

Could someone give me some advise on my problem.

I live in an old condo and my neighbour below has complained to us about leakage to their apt.

I have gotten 2 contractors to look into my master bedroom toilet and hers but there is no obvious leak in my house. Then they complain about a foul smell in their master bedroom and said it's to do with our waste pipe and we need to change it.

This neighbour is very aggressive , screams and shouts. I suggested since they said it's a sewage problem, i get another contractor in to ascertain the problem so i know where the fault lies.

She is now refusing to let us have access to his apt and tells me that i have to fix my pipe and i have to pay her 3000 to fix her apt. If it's more that 3K i will top up. If not she will return me the money.

Please tell me this is highly unreasonable. When i am trying to find the source of the problem. She has tenants and i have tenants too. She also threaten lawsuit which i find funny because i did my part and she is dictating what i should do.

Before this incident there was another incident when we were renovating. There was a major leakage and we paid her 1500 to fix her apartment. But now she is telling me i have to fix her whole apt because the electrics in her house keeps tripping and i have to fix her ceiling.... And it feels like she is putting everything together and trying to extort money from me.

She even got another contractor to call us and tell us it's 7K to fix her house but they give us discount and we only have to pay her 3000.

I'm willing to pay if it's my fault. but she is not helping and forcing me to go her way when i am doing everything according to the rules.

What should i do. I really feel like finding a lawyer to deal with her. Since she is threatening me .

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

MCST spells clearly it is only MC's responsibility deal with COMMON property.

In this case, MC is out of the picture and 2 of you must 'fight'.

She needs to 'proof' the source of her problem comes from your mishandling of the 'shared property'. This never be a easy case for her to win - she needs building expert and law expert.

Let her barks and take legal action if you're certain that her claimed issues not caused by you.

If I 'face the music' everyday and certain that the source of problem comes from uncooperative neighbour, I would take him/her on through legal means.

Edited by bepgof

Thank you bepgof for your advise

Usually is lower floor complain upper floor not cooperative but now it's the other way around.

The problem is i'm not certain if the issue is my waste pipe causing the problem. That's why i'm getting all these contractor in to try to find out if i am responsible. :(

I'm so stress as they keep calling hassling my family, screaming and shouting. I already emphasise that i will take responsibility if it is indeed my problem but they insist i do it their way and i ask too many people to come in to have a look and doing nothing but disturbing her tenants. They are not giving me enough time to find out the root problem.

But back to the point. I was reading that it's my responsibility to prove it's not my fault not for her to prove right?

I was thinking of calling STB tomorrow to see if i can get some legal advise.

Edited by deaddisco

Next time they scream & shout at you or your family, I suggest you record it (video or vocal recording). Then ever if push come to shove & must go to court, you have evidence to proof they were abusive towards you (and your family).

condo residents behave worse than HBD

Residential class doesn't dictate human behavioural good or bad.

Anyway, good ppls go to heaven and the bad ones go to ****, this one never goes wrong.