Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zio

Renovation Without Contractors Or Ids (Come In Share)

Hi everyone,

I am expecting to take keys during year end and I have a questions for those who are experienced enough to answer and share your thoughts with me.

My upcoming house is a premium BTO, which comes with flooring and bathroom accessories and tiles all done.

Therefore with this said, actually I have nothing much left to do except for painting and carpentry work.

Luckily for me, I have direct source/lobang for the following below, so therefore I can save quite abit already.

1) painting

2) carpentry work

3) electrician/electrical work

However, here is the problem. As I am poor with designs and color matching, I would still need someone who is able to design a layout in drawing and measurements for me so that I can get my sources to do their work.

Questions:

1) What are my options here ? Is there anyone in the market that draw, design, and I just have to pay him for his designs and drawings ?

2) What possible potential issues that I may encounter if I don't engage a contractor or IDs ? Perhaps those who tried this method can come in and share your problems met in the past.

I appreciate all feedbacks and comments.

Thanks all.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1. yes, u can get people to draw for you, price can range anything from $500 to several k.

2. contractors/ID will act as a sergeant major for you. He controls the many sub-cons, he QA all the works, he arrange schedule, etc etc.

unless you are quite knowledgable about reno stuffs and have lots of free time to keep an eye on them, I suggest to better engage one to expedite your renovation.

Hi Zio

Not advisable to coordinate yourself if you are not in the ID trade.

Firstly ,

Waste of your time to source and coordinate small detail.

You need to arrange subcon by yourself. Not all subcon are friendly and cheap if you not alway dealing business with them.

You can't handle subcon if there's pently of defects.

No security and warrantly if you enage yourself.

End up you may spend more.