Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AxelC

Daunting Experience With Icon Interior Design Ii

In response to my post, Icon Interior Design has publicly published my personal data, i.e. name and residential address. In its enthusiasm to present a more convincing account, it has failed to protect individual’s personal data, be it intentionally or unintentionally. Clearly, this is a breach of Personal Data Protection Act (2012).

I have lodged a complaint with Personal Data Protection Commission, Singapore, providing evidences to support my claim. I have also kept HDB informed of this breach. At the same time, I reiterated the outcome of my case filed with Small Claims Tribunals - The order made by the Tribunals was in my favour as Icon Interior Design has provided an unconvincing and unreliable account of the incident.

I have notified the moderator of Renotalk Forum of the breach and requested for the thread “Daunting Experience with Icon Interior Design” to be taken down. It is now temporarily removed. My appreciation goes to the team for their quick response.

Meanwhile, for sharing of my renovation experience, readers may proceed to my personal blog:

http://axelc2174.weebly.com/

Although the blog has documented what I have posted earlier in the thread removed, unfortunately it does not capture all other posts that are put up by members of Renotalk forum. Neither has it included the response from Icon Interior Design. I welcome Icon Interior Design to repost his account of the incident, so that the concerned party gets his voice heard. However, the onus is on Icon Interior Design to check his post.

Learning Point:

To all forum users, please take note that we are obliged to protect personal data of any individual that is mentioned in our post. We have to ensure that we made the effort to delete/black out important information such as name, phone number, residential address etc. This does not apply businesses data.

Likewise, no organization/company is allowed to use or disclose your personal data without your consent. Neither can they use the information for other purposes, i.e. deviate from the original intent.

For more details, you may refer to the following website:

https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request