Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EisMann

Drain Pipes In Toilet Or Kitchen, Can Be Allowed To Be Concealed In Hdb Flat?

G'Morning Everyone,

This is my first post / enquiry. Please forgive me if this same question has being asked several times.

If so, can you direct me to the links of previous discussion?

For those who have renovated their (HDB resale) homes for the last 2 years, may I ask if the drain pipe for the toilet sink, does HDB permit it to be concealed under the floor tiles?

Likewise in the kitchen, the sink or the washing machine drain pipe, are they allowed to be concealed under the floor tiles?

Months ago, a HDB officer inspected my toilet after my neighbor complained of water leak at his ceiling.

He told me that concealed pipe no longer allowed. And each toilet only has one outlet to let the water flow out. No additional allowed.

I visited an ID after spending sometimes in Reno talk for recommendation, he told me the pipes could be concealed below the floor tiles.

My current place is coming to 17 years old. At that time, I wanted to restrict small portion of the toilet to be wet, so there were shift of the sinks and shower areas with curbs and shower screens. My last renovation had HDB's green light.

Thank You

EisMann

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, 

I'm thinking of swapping my sink and shower areas which are diagonally opposite.

One way is to convert the existing sink drain pipe into floor trap for the new shower area, and convert another floor trap to be the new sink drain pipe. Don't know whether plumbing wise its technically possible and whether HDB allow it.

What did you have to do with the drain pipes and floor traps after you shifted your sink and shower areas previously.?