Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mackentosh

My Final Shortlisted Contractor Quote

Hi all, after spending time sifting through contractors from over 10 companies, I shortlisted two. One of them are quite famous for their combi doors (Doctor Doors Interior Design). My sales co-ordinator seems quite alright, very agreeable to alot of things so far, and I visited their factory and took a look at all their things. This is for a 1,000 sq ft 4 room HDB flat that recently MOP. I chose not to hack and relay, instead to overlay vinyl tiles. I understand the problems with overlay.

Has anyone had experience with Doctor Doors (besides their door or window projects) ? Appreciate if you can PM me and let me know of any positive or bad experience, or if you think certain items are too expensive.

I've finally decided on the items that I want to do, and this is the quote she provided. Another friend I showed to who was in the industry said some of the prices were really low, like the glass panel. But I take it that because they have their own glass factory, they can provide an attractive price for certain items.

* Design consultation & Services
* Design Concept consulation F.O.C.
* Space planning layout plan. F.O.C.
* 3D Visual Perspective Presentation F.O.C.
* Application of HDB Renovation Permit F.O.C.
A Demolish Works
1 To dismantle existing kitchen cabinet $300.00
2 To demolish existing sink and cooking stove $300.00
3 To demolish wall between living and room 2 $800.00
4 To dismantle existing cornices $250.00
5 To dismantle existing skirting ****/dining room & 3 nos.of bedroom $450.00
6 To demolish foyer homogenous tiles(40 sq.ft) $200.00
7 To clear all renovation debris for disposal as H.D.B.instruction $500.00
Sub-total: $2,800.00
B Masonry Works
1 To supply materials & labour to lay design wall tiles at master bathroom $1,750.00
(Max $3.30 psf)
2 To supply materials & labour to cement screed at common bathroom $800.00
3 To supply materials & labour to lay water proofing for 2 nos. bathroom $400.00
4 To supply materials & labour to lay homogenous floor tiles at 2 nos.of bathroom $1,400.00
5 To supply materials & labour to lay 5mm thick GEFF flooring plank c/w skirting ****/dining room,passageway,3 nos.of bedroom & kitchen $5,220.00
6 To supply materials & labour to make good hacking wall area,foyer and skirting area $700.00
7 To supply materials & labour to construct low cement concrete wall $250.00
at common bathroom
Sub-total: $10,520.00
C Plumbling Works
1 To supply labour to install instant water heater(2 nos.) $160.00
2 To supply labour to install 2 nos.of toilet bowl $200.00
3 To supply labour to install 2 nos.of wash basin $160.00
4 To supply labour to install kitchen sink pipes $120.00
Sub-total: $640.00
D Glass Works/ Shower Screen/Doors
1 To supply labour & materials to install fix tempered glass panel c/w sliding door and bronze/black frame ****/dining room $2,500.00
2 To supply labour & materials to install shower screen at master bathroom $550.00
3 To supply labour & materials to install fix glass panel at common bathroom$250.00
4 To supply labour & materials to install timber solid ply wood door with grove line at main entrance(4'x7')(exclude lock set) $900.00
5 To supply labour & materials to install timber solid plywood door with grove line at 2 nos.of bedroom(3'x7') @$ 450.00(exclude lock set) $900.00
Sub-total: $5,100.00
E Ceiling Works
1 To supply labour & materials to install pemet drop ceiling ****/t.v room and master room $2,100.00
2 To supply labour & materials to install false ceiling at foyer and bedroom entrance $350.00
Sub-total: $2,450.00
F Carpentry works
1 Design , fabricates & install kitchen cabinet(top & bottom)wth ABS trimming,internal is using colour PVC (28ft run x $140.00) $3,920.00
2 Design , fabricates & install IQuartz top for kitchen work top 14 ft run x $100.00 $1,400.00
3 Design , fabricates & install build in wardrobe at master bedroom with ABS trimming,internal is using colour PVC (4.5ft x $250.00) $1,125.00
4 Design , fabricates & install vanity top with bottom cabinet at master bathroom(sink is provided by owner) $650.00
5 Design , fabricates & install full height book cupboard at bedroom 2 finishing with laminates (11ft) $4,180.00
6 Design , fabricates & install L shape settee with storage and box up U shape window frame(9ft run) $1,380.00
Sub-total: $12,655.00
G Miscellaneous
1 General cleaning upon completion of renovation F.O.C.
2 To supply & lay corrugated paper for floor protection F.O.C.
3 To supply labour to install bathroom accessories F.O.C.
4 To supply labour to install of oven,s/s dish rack,hob and stove F.O.C.
Total Amount: $34,165.00
Edited by mackentosh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Itcy hands again

Comparing to my quote I pluck out the item cost

Dismantle kitchen cabinet 250

Hack concrete sink 250

Skirting removal 200

Demolish wall assume your is 10ft x50 500

Cornies removal 250

Foyer tile removal 250

Haulage and disposal 300

Wall tile for master at 3 psf x area 530 = 1590

Labour to re tile 750 per toilet

Waterproofing 280

Item 4 can't calculate but labour is 150 per toilet

Item 5 never check the price b4 but laminate is $5 psf

Make good of unit 450

Item 7 can ask for free haha

Install storage heater 150

Install toilet bowl 60 each

Install basin 50 each

Install kitchen single bowl sink 100

Glass works can't advise

False ceiling is 400-450 per area so is 4 x 450

Kitchen cabinet 28ft x 130 colour pvc

Quartz top 14 x 100

Sliding wardrobe 4.5 x 250

Vanity top cabinet 500

Book shelving 11 x 325

Setters 9 x 130

All price according to my quote but real figure still need to approach the contractor. Cheers

Hi,

I can recommend you a friend which is in the ID firm, he's quite good and his price is quite cheap. You might want to try asking him for a quote and compare. I have tried finding a few IDs and so far my friend's quote is the cheapest. I'm also getting him to help me renovate my new BTO flat and so far so good. Quite satisfied with his help and advise.

If interested, pm me for his contact.