Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
patchdog

Package Deal At Expo - Worth It?

Recently, I have signed up for C's HDB premium package at the Expo - the one with the showflat. The designer was nice, he sat us down explaining every detail of package for 3hours. I was not quite keen to sign up immediately on that day but was bought over by his experience and sales pitch. The 'freebies' were of quality. So, hubby and i decided with ciseern (without going to other booths to check out the prices) and paid 5k deposit (20% of quotation)

The designer did not want to draw a layout of the rooms. He dissuaded me of choosing classic modern design. He tried to sell his idea of 'modern zen' or ?contemporary design. Even when he whipped out his Ipad to show me his recommended designs, I was not impressed. I felt pressured by the designer and my hubby, who was not helping at all. Hubby said to designer 'if you can convinced my wife, i am happy with the package'. Hubby left everything for me to decide. When i said i wanted to knock down walls between kitchen and dining area, service yard and one of the bedroom next to the living for to create space, he kept going against the idea. The impression i got is that maybe he already has a 'template' for hdb and any deviation from that template means more hassle

Then, i found out that there were many bad reviews on their quotation, workmanship etc on forums. It really got me worried. Besides, i read that the other ID quotations are starting with 11k to 15k, with less attractive freebies. Is C's package price is high because of their generous 'freebies'.

I was quoted around $24.7k for a 4 room hdb premium package (after 10% rebate and 7% GST). But we were told the final price should be around 30+k. The package includes

A) professional services -

• space planning
  • furniture layout
  • consultation
  • peserpective drawings on carpentry (max 2 amendments)
  • Project management and site supervision
  • 12 months warranty

B) Masonry Works

• construction of 50mm cabinet base, fridge base, washing machine base
  • 1x MBR toilet's shower kerb
  • haulage service

C)Plumbing works

• copper piping extension at kitchen sink position
  • laying of concealed drainage pipe at kitchen sink and washing machine position
  • Labour for installing kitchen sink with inlet and outlet
  • Labour for installing 1 storage or 2 instant heater (exclusive of electrical wiring)
  • Labour for installing accessories at 2 bathroom, 1 handheld bidet spray

D) Ceiling works

• supply and install plasterboard light holder with coffer **** room
  • supply and install plasterboard false ceiling at dining area with 1 timber support

E) Glass works

• supply and install 10mm clear frameless tempered glass shower screen at master bedroom (size 1800mmx1800mm) - swing door

F) Carpentry

• laminate finish with wood grain carcass
  • design and fabricate TV feature wall with cove light pelmet L2400mm x H1950mm
  • design and fabricate low TV console L2100mm x 4500mm + 4 sets of D450mm drawers with blum full extension tandem runners
  • design & fabricate full height swing door built in wardrobe L1800mm x H2550mm + 4 sets of blum full extension tandem runners
  • design and fabricate top & bottom kitchen cabinet L20ft + 4 sets of D450mm drawers with blum full extension tandem runners + 2 sets of aventos HK uplifters + blumotion hinges
  • Worktop 10ft granite > free upgrade to caesarstone
  • supply and install 1 set 304 stainless steel dish rack
  • supply and install Teka cooker hob & hood - i chose stainless steel hob and hoodwith 1200cm3 suction force (exclusive of electrical wiring)

G) Miscellanous

• supply & install system 3 mitsubishi starmex electric inverter split unit air-con for all bedrooms (to top up 1k+ for system 4)+ 1/2 inch class 1 armaflex insultation
  • supply and paint all internal walls with nippon vinilex 5000 paint + ceiling with nippon matex paint
  • supply and paint all pipes and door frames with nippon bodelax pain
  • cardboard protection on affected flooring for all timber doors, fan coils,
  • General cleaning

"Freebies"

• Free upgrade from granite worktop to caesarstone 10 ft (PWP $135per additional ft)
  • Mitsubishi system 3 inverter aircon
  • Free $1000 Courts voucher
  • Om sofa (worth 2.5k) or dining table with 4 chairs (worth 2k)
  • Courts voucher rebate for Variation order (before 7% GST)

The above does not include Vanity sink in MBR, does not include electrical wiring

Do you think the package is worth 24.7k?

Please advise. Thank you!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi patchdog,

Since the deal has been sealed, there isn't much that can be said about the quotation. The package price would definitely have included the extra items (aircon, vouchers etc).

The concern now is working with this particular ID. An ID should work with their customers' idea and only offer advice if the idea is not feasible or there is a better solution/alternative to it. He can propose ideas only if customers themselves have nothing in mind and leave it entirely to the ID to propose. This ID here is clearly pressing his own template and this attitude would likely persist throughout the renovation if nothing is done.

Would suggest that you bring up what you feel about this ID to your husband. At the next meeting with the ID, be firm and tell him that look, his idea is NOT what you want and at the end of the day, you and your husband are the ones staying in the apartment, not the ID. If modern zen is not to your liking, how can he force this theme upon your own home? Perhaps stoke his ego abit by saying "you mean you dunno how to do modern classic design ah?" or something like that ... haha!

All the best!

Friend intro me I-chapter few months back, so decided to use them after few meeting. It turn out to be a nightmare after that.

Their standard drop. Will not recommend any of my friends to use them anymore.

Lesson learned, don't base on good designs they provided and low price, always find friends who had good experience with the ID company

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/35485-any-review-on-i-chaptercomsg/?p=915544

63B Queens Street
Bugis Village
Singapore 188542

Tel line 1: +65 6456 2676 (3 Lines)
Fax No.: +65 6456 0026