Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Snappyg9

Warning! Do Not Try Faith Coat!

Guys,

I am giving a firm warning here about doing epoxy coating for your floor tiles. Do not believe whatever the salesman says about the coating able to last for 10 years or whatever crap. Here's my experience:

About 2-3 years back, bought a private property and was thinking of getting the 3 toilets done. As the tiles are still in good condition except that the design is out-dated, I decided to look into epoxy coating. After doing some online research, it seems that Faith Coat was "one of the most trustworthy and reliable" companies doing epoxy coating.

I went down to the showroom, and was given a demonstration by Mr Philips. He showed me that even when the tile cracks, the coating is till bonded tightly to the tiles. And he was confident to say that the coating will last at least 10 years if well-taken care of. I decided to take up the offer for my 3 toilets, which cost me $4500.

About one year into the coating, one of the bathrooms begin to show cracks. Basically just knock onto the tiles, and if it's not solid sound, means the coating is no longer bonded. Mr Philips came over, assess the situation and did a re-coating for that toilet. I thought it's a one-off thing.

My toilets were regularly wash by my maid, and she was careful not to use any strong abrasives or harsh liquids.

Two years three months into the coating, it started to show cracks on the side. I called up Philips and he came down for a quick look. Says it could be rectified by just doing that small portion. However he kept delaying, says that his workers are not in Sg. After one over month of waiting, the coating got worse. The worker finally came over for an assessment, and says that two of the toilet has to be re-done totally as the coating has gotten worse. I'll be charged $1100 for the two toilets!!! Even the worker himself said," Just get the toilet re-tiled, the same thing will happen again few years later"

The problem here is, the coating can only last for 2 years. Even if I re-do the coating, the coating will start to peel off in 2-3 years time.

I'm warning everyone here who is thinking of getting epoxy coating done, don't waste your time and just get it properly re-tiled!

Here's the video of my coating:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes don't waste your money. A cheaper alternative will be to lay over the tiles. No hacking involved.

I spent a total of $11k including the cabinets, now I gotta spend another $25k to redo the 3 toilets!

I engaged Faith Coat few years back for my kitchen, toilet & bathroom. Kitchen & toilet were still good, but bathroom walls started to show cracks 2 yrs later. I believe it is due to moisture on the walls after each shower.