Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Eggtat

Prestige Image Vs Baroque

Prestige Image is a very very bad company, dont ask them to renovate for you. last year, they did for me, within one year, when i call them to repair something, they said they didnt gurantee anything. but I have a gurantee paper from them, somethin is for 5yrs, something is for one year.

I am very angry for their attitude, very rude when they talk to you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Prestige Image is a very very bad company, dont ask them to renovate for you. last year, they did for me, within one year, when i call them to repair something, they said they didnt gurantee anything. but I have a gurantee paper from them, somethin is for 5yrs, something is for one year.

I am very angry for their attitude, very rude when they talk to you.

Hi DSS,

care to advise which branch you engaged? I recently approached them for quote at the AMK

branch. The young chap serving me looks friendly and sincere. What I worry is their workmanship.

Tks.

Rgds

I have just had my kitchen cabinets, walls and the two bathrooms done up by Prestige Image. I will never recommend them to anyone ever! First off, I must say that I do not have a problem with the quality of work/finished product.

My big problem with them was their horrid scheduling and broken promises and excuses. When I first signed up, the supervisor assured me that he would try his best to end the reno by 8th Mar. I had met him before Chinese New Year. Well, surprise, surprise...8 Mar came and went and no end to the reno was in sight. By then my wife and parents were going ballistic with me for not being stern and assertive and more demanding of the renovation company. And I admit, they have been taking my quiet, non-assertive manner to bully me and take me for granted.

Their workers hardly come on time nor on the right day. My homemaker wife had to stay at home to wait for them while they did not show up or arrived late. Even the supervisors give excuses and does not turn up on the appointed time, though they were the one who sms'd me a few days before hand that they were going to come.

Reasons given for the workers not turning up were;

1. They are Malaysians who needed to take 2 weeks off for Chinese New Year

2. They are Malaysians and they are experiencing jams at the Causeway (especially after the Mas Selamat debacle)

3. There is very heavy rain the past few days.

4. They are not Singaporeans and so they don't have the same concept of punctuality.

5. They were late in finishing up their job in Punggol.

One of the supervisors gave me this reasons why he did not come on an appointed day/time..."I was waiting for you!"

Waiting for me??? Waiting for their client to fetch him in a limo or what???:yamseng:!

My wife and parents have told me that because I was not stern, they were stepping on my head...yes...after that last answer by the abovementioned supervisor...I realise that I have been taken for granted and not appreciated as a client.

Well, to think that Prestige Image is listed under Radac! They should have been struck off the list.

OK. so when did the final inspection by the supervisor end? Well, it was on 27th March.

So, their promise to try their best to finish the job before or around 8th Mar was just lies. In fact I know they did not even put in effort to speed up the work. The supervisors know that they could bully me and they did just that by giving priority to their other (maybe more fussy, demanding) customers.

I have not paid the final payment. And I am going to take my own sweet time paying it off. In fact, I am taking a one week holiday in Malaysia soon. Let them wait! They made me wait. Imagine if both my wife and I were working...imagine the amount of wasted leave we would have incurred just to stay home to wait for workers who don't show up.

They have disrupted my life with their lateness, delays and absences and caused alot of unhappiness between myself and my spouse and family.

Since I am still not the fierce sort, the one method I can get this off my chest is to write in this forum.

So, folks, this has been my experience with Prestige Image. You decide.

Come to think of it...it is better not to be too friendly with your id/contractor and it is better to be abit stern and authoritive and being quiet and being ok ok ok attitude, they definately will climb to your head and will give lots of excuses and reasons knowing you will say ok ok loh. Thus, whatever you want will never be fulfilled.

Hi, I was recommend by a friend do my new home renovation by Collin from Prestige. I am very satisfied with my newly renovated home. Collin is a responsible and efficient designer and with a great sense of Humour ! Would highly recommend to anyone who wants to have a good renovated home.

Hi, am is may. May i know which branch did you go for Prestige? can briefly tell me what u did like laminated floorring, kitchen cabinets, kitchen and toilet wall and floor tiles. Overall workmanship is good and still good after 1 year?

Thanks.

Fyi, my wife and i used Prestige Image (PI) for our kitchen and 2 toilets some 6 years ago. The ID was Adam, no longer with them. The branch is the one at Clementi Ave 3, unfortunately still there. btw I am living in the block opposite them. 6 years ago, the branch was called Horsanna or something then changed name during my reno to Prestige Image.

I had a terrible time with Adam. Took forever and my wife was expecting our firstborn.

Let's focus on the facts. The toilets leaked to our downstairs neigbours. The town council had PI come back to do rectification. It still leaked. Hack and rewaterproofed and retiled. Both toilets.

One year later, it leaked again. By then they claimed warranty over and I took the recommendation from the town council officer to use the HDB contractor to do the job. No leak since. Turn out the town council many feed back about PI.

It made me :furious: just to think of them. The inconvinence we had to go thru (wife, newborn) just becos of the scrimped on material and workmanship. Imagine I actually lived opposite them. Many time wanted to do evil to Adam's car that was parked below my place. Every time I see some people going there for quotations I wince and say a silent prayer for them.

And there's a follow up story :notti: I am selling my current place at Blk 432, and turn out the lady boss of PI is acquainted with my mother in law and came over to see it. She wanted to buy it dunno for what and my wife gave her a piece of her mind on the reno that was done. Blamed it on the ID and beat a fast retreat. Offered to do my new place confirm happy. PCN!

As some wise man once said on these boards:

Good ID/Contractor is worth more than what you paid. Lousy ID/Contractor cost more than what you saved.