Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kayley Lim XueQin

Themeless Comfy Nest

Dear All,

I have not experience in renovation thus this is my virgin renovationblog. Need everyone advise if possible. We will be collecting our key on 06 Jan 2016 after almost 3 years of waiting. Our lovenest is located at Hougang (Upper Serangoon Crescent).

We have a few quotation on hand by both ID and contractor. We will be meeting another 2 more contractor and 1 ID. I will review them once ready.

Edited by Kayley Lim XueQin

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome to renoblog! There is always something to learn from this site even it is not the first time on a renovation journey for some of us. Enjoy it ")

Sorry for MIA for so long. We finally collected our keys on 06 Jan and not much defects to catch since we didn't opt for the flooring, doors, basins. We also confirmed our ID before key collection. With a mere budget of 20K to 25K, we have a hard time finding the suitable and good ID. Let me do some review on all the ID and contractor that we met.

1. Interior Secxxx (DROPPED)

This ID is my brother long time colleagues in Air Force. He done up my bro house in 2012 and my sis house in 2014. We met up at Macdonald near my parents house, he is punctual. But I felt he is not very friendly type and put on stern face most of the time. Ability to provide some ideas and solve our capentry issue due to miserable size but quote way out of our budget. Waited quite long for quote and error in pricing.

2. Posh xxxxxx (DROPPED)

This ID is my hubby's friend and sad to say that the quote isn't attractive and overquote us. We dropped him immediately upon receiving the quote. We did not meet up to discuss. No comment on how is the ID ability.

3. Altitude xxxxxx (DROPPED)

This is my hubby's friend as well but among all QUOTES THIS IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE of $30K EXCLUDING GST. ID quoted lots of items that we never requested for. Immediately dropped out. No comment on how is the ID ability.

4. Nic from Renoguyz (SHORTLISTED)

Same as what I read in forum, Nic is very laidback and a simple chap. First impression is that he is always busy on the phone and not listening to our needs but to our surprised he can remember what we mentioned and immediately on the spot gave us the quotation. The quotation somehow met our budget but we left the office without confirming his service

5. ID from Sumxx (DROPPED)

This ID recently done up my friend house at budget of 35K due to lots of capentry work and flooring and I found it reasonable so arranged to meet up with him. He is punctual and well-dressed. Ability to give ideas and solutions and email us the quote within 2 days. His quote is quite reasonable at $25K that includes L Box as compared to the rest but after I seen my friend's house the workmanship we immediately strike off this ID.

Nic quote to us around 25K for the following jobscope

Preliminaries

1. Acid cleaning & general cleaning

2. Protection of corrugated paper on affected area

3. Clearing of debris

4. Cement & tiles

Living

1. Lay floor tiles

2. 5 ft Tv console

3. 2.5 ft full height shoe cabinet

4. L-box Living room area only

Master Bedroom

1. Lay floor tiles

2. 6 ft wardrobe

3. Classic door

Bedroom 2

1. Lay floor tiles

2.Classic door

Bedroom 3

1. Lay floor tiles

2. Classic door

Kitchen

1. 9 ft top cabinet

2. 13 ft bottom cabinet

3. 2 ft full height cabinet

4. 13 ft granite top + 5 ft ledge

5. Concrete base

6. Sink support with tiles

7. Glass backings between top & btm cabinet

8. Install hob & hood

Master Toilet

1. 2.5 ft vanity cabinet c/w granite

2. Shower kerb

Plumbering

1. Connect kitchen pipe & sink

2. Install toilet accessories (toilet roll, towel hanger, shampoo rack & common mirror)

3. Connect jetspray

4. Install 2 nos. basin & tap

5. Install instant heater @ actual hot water pipe position

Painting

1. Painting

Electrical (estimate)

Run light point

Install lights

Double

SCV

Tel

Oven

Hood

Cat-6

Fan

*I source for direct window and grilles supplier and bathroom doors*

*Aircon I use what Nic recommended without markup for Starmax Sys 4 @ $3850*

We did not ask for 3D and also not in time to request as we need Nic to start work asap. It is purely based on our imagination and crossed fingers that everything will be ok and blend well. :)

Welcome to the reno t blog and the renovation progress! It could be a tiring and yet fun journey so enjoy it! Look forward to seeing the roll out soon! Cheers

Welcome to the reno t blog and the renovation progress! It could be a tiring and yet fun journey so enjoy it! Look forward to seeing the roll out soon! Cheers

Hi,

Yeah, really tiring and pressurized by the process since we need to reno n move in asap. Now I have problems uploading the photos.

Hi,

Yeah, really tiring and pressurized by the process since we need to reno n move in asap. Now I have problems uploading the photos.

Hihi! You can set up a photobucket account to upload more photos :)

Hi Sapphire,

I have account but I don't know to upload to here...

Can guide me?

Thanks! :)

There's a share button on your photos and you can copy one of the links and add into your posts here. I usually use the IMG one... Let me know if it works :)