Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shiv0001

Beginner question on kitchen countertops

Hello all,

I am looking to do a small kitchen renovation project and I wanted to know which shops can I go to educate myself on the types of materials available (quartz vs granite vs marble etc) in the singapore market and their prices.  I have read quite a bit online but I would like to see the physical looks of these materials and varioud popular designs as well as their prices. 

Any honest shops I can visit ?

Thanks in advance

S

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 10/15/2016 at 11:00 AM, shiv0001 said:

Hello all,

I am looking to do a small kitchen renovation project and I wanted to know which shops can I go to educate myself on the types of materials available (quartz vs granite vs marble etc) in the singapore market and their prices.  I have read quite a bit online but I would like to see the physical looks of these materials and varioud popular designs as well as their prices. 

Any honest shops I can visit ?

Thanks in advance

S

For stone worktop, the price range varies

For starters , can try  'iquartz ' and ' caesarstone '

cheerz

11 hours ago, blacksheep said:

Have you tried buying from hafary onyxz?

No I have not. I only went there to look look see see touch touch.

Still looking for ID/contractor, taking key early 2017.

Hi..this is jasmine from stone amperor. We do carry different types of countertops material, our sales consultants will provide unbiased advice on countertops selection, we hope every client could choose "the right tops, the right use, at the right price". You may visit our website at www.StoneAmperor.com.sg or David at 8720 2010.

Have a nice day!  

• Like 1

Hi onyxz, we just finished kitchen reno also and choose compressed quartz.  Price-wise I think it's mid-range.  We initially wanted solid surface so that we can have integrated sink but that scratches very easily and also I think it's not so heat resistant.  There's quite a wide range of compressed quartz and choice of colours.  Hope this helps!  Good luck!

9 hours ago, mpc said:

Hi onyxz, we just finished kitchen reno also and choose compressed quartz.  Price-wise I think it's mid-range.  We initially wanted solid surface so that we can have integrated sink but that scratches very easily and also I think it's not so heat resistant.  There's quite a wide range of compressed quartz and choice of colours.  Hope this helps!  Good luck!

Been seen a lot of quartz choixes 

On 2/13/2017 at 4:40 PM, StoneAmperor said:

Hi..this is jasmine from stone amperor. We do carry different types of countertops material, our sales consultants will provide unbiased advice on countertops selection, we hope every client could choose "the right tops, the right use, at the right price". You may visit our website at www.StoneAmperor.com.sg or David at 8720 2010.

Have a nice day!  

Preview on Renotalk 

On 2/16/2017 at 0:08 PM, LuckyKhoon said:

Try to avoid white countertops. Though it is a trend, it not very easy to maintain.

Yes, for stone top, unlike solid surface...there will be obvious joint lines for long kitchen or L- corner where u need marble glue to join. therefore it will be the workmanship issue here if it looks nice or not , 

Secondly, if if there are strong liquid or dark colour stain and left for a period of thim,  porous stone will absorb the stain and it will be permanent. 

Vist my Artbuilt Blog  @  http://artbuilt.blogspot.sg/