Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KITTYKTY

The journey to a white home... Mostly at least..

27 minutes ago, neeganisgod said:

thanks for updating us with your reno, nice wardrobe and i love how the white door look, this is a 4 rm flat right?

Yes its a 4 room.. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Just now, neeganisgod said:

how much roughly you spent for your reno if you dont mind me asking? ;)

Hi..I have broken it down in one of my earlier posts.. Sorry i dunno how to link it here.. 

On 21/11/2016 at 4:02 PM, KITTYKTY said:

Final to do list.... 

After sitting down after lunch and going through the to do list, I realised that most things are already done.... I only need to get the final touches of furnishings and a few appliances...

I think our journey is a simple and straight forward one had we started on it earlier with a clear idea... 

Let me break down what we have done so far and the cost involved and also what is left to recce or buy...

Completed works...

1) Hacking of kitchen door, built up extension for half height wall and overlaying of kitchen tiles, base for cabinet and shower kerbs in 2 bathrooms- $2200

2) Window grills, service yard window and 2 dual track bifold doors - $1500

3) Classic doors for 3 bedrooms - $660

4) L shaped wardrobe for common room(est 8ft), kitchen cabinet with iQuartz top(9.5 ft) and master bedroom L shaped wardrobe with sliding doors (est 9.5ft, added on recently) - $7600

5) Box up water pipes in kitchen - $300 (its some composite material that can withstand moisture better than gypsum board... If gypsum board, its cheaper) 

6) Total cost of paints (Painting is DIY) - $240 approx (with brushes, palletes, plastic shield, tape and water based sealer)

Total: $12500 (bulk of which goes into carpentry)

Major Appliances & Furnishings... 

1) LG system 4 aircon - $3299

2) Living room ceiling fan with light (JB)- $280

3) Simple led light x 6 (JB) - $96

4) Hanging lamp for dining area with bulbs (TB) - $65

5) Track lights for kitchen and living area - $220

6) Led ceiling lights for 3 bedrooms (TB)- $125

7) Sofa - $400

8) Armchair with ottoman (TB) - $120

9) Coffee table (TB) - $69

10) 4 Dining chairs (TB) - $180

11) Dining table (TB) - $260

12) Kitchen counter (TB) - $120

13) TV console (TB) - $120

14) Kitchen Tap (TB) - $40

15) Oven, hob and hood - $929

16) 2 Panasonic instant water heaters (JB) - $220

Total: $6500 approx

To buy list....

1) KDK / Panasonic wall fans ( although i find that they dun look nice aesthetically, but they do free up floor space and dun hang down precariously from the too low ceiling)

2) French door fridge - I came across good reviews for Beko, some locally and mostly overseas... So might consider, if not it will be an LG one we saw at courts..and this is courtesy of my aunt... So not part of our expenditure list..

3) Curtains, rods and shower curtains - looking at simple ikea ones

4) Carpet/rugs to complete the cosy home look - ikea again... ( what seperates me from ikea currently is an overhead bridge... Hahaha) 

5) Mirror - S said he will customise it at a shop along jalan besar to fit our wall size.... Remember the wall with aircon in the living/dining area... I plan to put a mirror there to make the space look bigger... 

6) Bathroom accesories - i dunno, maybe tb, hoe kee or even ikea 

7) Bed and cupboard for lil S - definitely ikea 

8) A new bed for the our bedroom... - i cannot find what i like!!!!! N should i get a storage bed? Means got chance to hoard rite? 

So estimate maybe need about $2k more? 

So that is about all except foe minor stuff that can be bought along the way and doesnt really affect our move in...

I bought lots of knick knacks from our holidays to add to our new nest too... Also those kitchen ware u get from GSS are worth to buy and keep coz they are pretty cheap then... Esp those WMF stuff...

TV is courtesy of daddy and we are bringing over the front load washer from our current place as it is still new.. 

So so far, we have spent almost $20k and thank god its almost completing so we can breathe easier now and start building back our drained accounts...

We saved quite a bit on painting, plumbing and electrical works as S is very hands on and was adamant that he does these himself....  And so far, so good... Only left with minor drillings and fixing of lights when they arrive from TB..

Feel free to ask me if u need more info on where i get my things...

1 minute ago, neeganisgod said:

let me try to search for it.. 

Here it is... Managed to get it for u

Just now, neeganisgod said:

found it at the same time haha, thanks! i think i budget 25k , should be decent already...i hope!

The bulk of my budget when to hacking and carpentry and aircon... Other than that if urs is a simple one like mine, its a healthy budget.. 

• Like 1

Just now, KITTYKTY said:

The bulk of my budget when to hacking and carpentry and aircon... Other than that if urs is a simple one like mine, its a healthy budget.. 

sigh of relief then.. i also want simple and if looking to diy some like yours!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jaiyerika said:

One of the best part of reno journey the shopping. ;)

I would agree... And its very tempting ro buy on impulse... But having the so called "theme" at the back of yr mind and trying to pull the whole look together and yet make it seem effortless is a challenge...  

I try not to get any remotely expensive furnishing for fear that it will not match then i will have to ditch it or sell it... And i also like decorating and foresee myself changing the soft furnishings frequently so i try to stick to a budget too... Haha

Hello again... Last few weeks have been really hectic... I still haven finish packing... But the new place is almost ready for move in... Still need to work on the decor to make the place look less bare and more cosy....

IMG-20161214-WA0003.jpg

Varnished the coffee table top white with ikea varnish..  Happy with the results!

IMG-20161212-WA0002.jpegIMG-20161212-WA0002.jpeg

Kitchen work table... Came in unfinished pine... Used white ikea wood varnish to give it a layer of protection... 

IMG-20161212-WA0004.jpeg

Did the coffee table.. This top was already varnished, thus one coat and it turned out like paint..

IMG-20161214-WA0002.jpg

Edited by KITTYKTY