Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lespara

Different Types Of Interior Design

Hi, I am newbie who is looking for ideas to renovate my new HDB flat (4rm). But i am confused with all the terms,concepts used by the IDs. Are there any avenues where there are brief description of etc. what is a rustic ...... I have tried to search online for a break down but to no aval. Is there anyone who can help me with this?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, I am newbie who is looking for ideas to renovate my new HDB flat (4rm). But i am confused with all the terms,concepts used by the IDs. Are there any avenues where there are brief description of etc. what is a rustic ...... I have tried to search online for a break down but to no aval. Is there anyone who can help me with this?

Trust me, terms like 'zen', 'contemporary', 'modern', 'rustic', 'balinese', etc, are all overused and had lost their actual meanings. :dunno:

I will just suggest that you do a little research at the public library. They have plenty of books there, and they come with nice pictures. Just find the picture/style you like, and show it to your ID. Some of them just use computer graphics and magazines for their inspirations anyway...

Themes can be broadly classified as:

western cowboy look

Tropical kampung look

white and grey/black

Wood and glossy marble look

KTV look

And the most homely.. Phua Chu Kang look

Most important.. is must be functional and practical. If strictly follow a look, then not quite practical.

Themes can be broadly classified as:

western cowboy look

Tropical kampung look

white and grey/black

Wood and glossy marble look

KTV look

And the most homely.. Phua Chu Kang look

Most important.. is must be functional and practical. If strictly follow a look, then not quite practical.

the most most important is according-to-your-budget look...... :(

I had a chance to go down to IMM. As most salesmen approach me with what kind of design theme i am looking for, which left me thinking if there is any one who could define the terms more clearly. This will also help me narrow down the one my FW and i wanted

Threecharacters, you mentioned about going to the library. I tried searching via the internet on NLB website. I could find only a handful of it. If is possible if you can tel me which Branch did you go for in your research?

Threecharacters, you mentioned about going to the library. I tried searching via the internet on NLB website. I could find only a handful of it. If is possible if you can tel me which Branch did you go for in your research?

I went to Woodlands branch. There are stuff under home and gardens, plus interior designing books. Also the library carries magazines which may be helpful for your research. You can also walk into NYP library during their school hours (before 5pm, if not you cannot exit the library). They also have a collection there for their design students. :notti:

i had this idea of 'modern victorian' look. i dont even know if i made sense but i saw this design in my friend's house and i fell in love. never liked a house that much.

had a wall with wallpaper, furniture was like victorian but very toned down n modernised and the colour palette was neutral with browns n some black in the furniture.