Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
suzanne1

Kitchen renovation - hardwood floors

Our home was constructed five years back. Now the flooring in the kitchen has some issues and it is really destroying the interior of the house. I am thinking of renovating the kitchen and I would like to install hardwood floors. But I am not sure about how good it’s going to be? I am really worried about the flooring and I would like to ask you all some questions. Is hardwood floors good for the kitchen? If yes, then how often should I maintain it? While surfing online I came across some article http://www.rbcclean.com/blog/flooring-maintenance/what-to-know-before-refinishing-hardwood-floors/   and now I am totally confused. I would also like to get some unique ideas and suggestions on this. Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, Suzzane hardwood floors are good for the kitchen as I have used it and if maintained properly, it would be an asset for your interior. I am also planning to make a small renovation in my backyard. Hope you get enough ideas and replies from here. 

On 2/9/2017 at 2:11 PM, kimberlyne said:

Hi, Suzzane hardwood floors are good for the kitchen as I have used it and if maintained properly, it would be an asset for your interior. I am also planning to make a small renovation in my backyard. Hope you get enough ideas and replies from here. 

Hi Kim, Did you guys did the renovation already ? 
How is everything going ?

Hardwood floor needs maintenance for periodically (once a month). As the kitchen is the area u will be waking in and out daily, you may expect the scratches will have on the floor. 

Unless you have the routine to do the house cleaning or have the patient to vanish the hardwood floor occasionally, I suggest tile will be more suitable for the kitchen!