Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
priscillatan88

NEED OPINION!!

How should I decide which ID/contractor to pick?

1. Price?

2. based on his concept/design? 

Item #1 is pretty simple. But how often is the first quotation accurate? What if the reason for choosing a particular ID is based on his first quotation, yet after adjustments, the quotation because something entirely different?

Some IDs dont even give you any layout / picture/ 2D drawing. How do judge for #2 this way? It's a chicken an egg thing isnt it? I need to know if they have good eye for design and concept, but i cant do so if they dont propose or show me anything with pictures right?

What value does an ID add if i design my own home and he can just follow? All he needs to tell me is whether it's possible or feasible or not ? 

If 2D or 3D design is ONLY given to you after you have sign the contract with them, if the 3d turns out to be like crap, that's too late isn't it?

I'm confused. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Interesting post. I also have the same questions.

My wife wants to make sure the ID has similar taste to her but before we confirm with any ID, likely wont get any 3D renders. Then how to know whether the ID has taken our preferences into consideration and is able to turn it into reality? LOL

10 hours ago, swirl360 said:

Interesting post. I also have the same questions.

My wife wants to make sure the ID has similar taste to her but before we confirm with any ID, likely wont get any 3D renders. Then how to know whether the ID has taken our preferences into consideration and is able to turn it into reality? LOL

Ask for 3D render of their previous project. My ID show us so we roughly know. We like his previous projects. 

Just now, Hwmook said:

Ask for 3D render of their previous project. My ID show us so we roughly know. We like his previous projects. 

Good point bro. Thanks! 

I never thought of this man..

I have many similar questions as u too. That's why I always believe in word of mouth. Thank GOD we found our ideal ID & we feel our he's very professional, knowledge & responsible! Most importantly, it's the chemistry! He made us feel comfortable & safe & helped us think of ways to save $$$!

We did our 4rm BTO under $30k & project was handed over to us within 7-8weeks. If keen, do pm me for his contact ya ;)

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_4433.JPG