Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
flowertyl

Ss Sink Vs Granite Sink

Hi , which one better ?

As I know most of people will use SS sink , anyone use granite sink b4 ? Is it better than SS sink ? As I have checked both of the price , nothing much diff, some ganite sink even cheaper than the SS .

In fact I intend to get the granite one, but worry not durable. Pls advise . Thanks :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi can ask which brand you are using?

can't seem to find much on granite sinks

only know a few brands i.e. plados, blanco and franke

but do not know the difference in quality

Edited by applefreak

how about scrathes? any problem with scratches??

TIA

i've made a purchase on a black granite Blanco Sink from Hoe Kee recently.. the sales rep used the steel wool at the sink.. oso no scratches! as good as new.

My mother has a cream granite sink.. she is not happy abt the stains from the curry/ chili at the sink..

so perhaps a dark coloured granite sink is better.

Been using a granite sink for about 6 months. Don't recall any sratches. Was warned by hoe Kee staff that glass or cups is more easily broken if dropped in the sink.

Wow...2K+ for a sink. I will be too afraid to wash any plates in it, Could not recall actual price paid for mine. Maybe 300 to 400.

from wat i heard .. ganite sink will have stains.. esp curry.. and it is use mostly for dry kitchen.. while mean those family seldom cook... those using SS sink is the most economic .. hehe

did some research and realised that they dun actually sell granite sinks in singapore

those sink available are composites. plados is 70% and blanco, franke is 80% (granite content).

have settled for a blanco double bowl at $399 at hoe kee

sadly they are the sole stockist in singapore so no one else can offer a better price

Edited by applefreak

did some research and realised that they dun actually sell granite sinks in singapore

those sink available are composites. plados is 70% and blanco, franke is 80% (granite content).

have settled for a blanco double bowl at $399 at hoe kee

sadly they are the sole stockist in singapore so no one else can offer a better price

me too bought a granite blanco sink from Hoe Kee. Saw granite sinks at Poh Joo too. But lazy to go back and compared prices so got all the toilet/kitchen accessories at Hoe Kee.

:dancingqueen:

Hey all ! Can someone advise me on the average price of a Blanco SS sink from Hoe Kee ? I'm most likely getting this one: http://www.800afaucet.com/TProductDetail.a...ProductID=20059

Saw it at the Hoe Kee website but it only has the one with drainer board on the left hand side. Not used to that side leh.. hope that they have it on the right side one..

Personally, prefer granite and ceramic sink. My current home is now using a granite sink for 7 seven years liao, still look as good as new.

SS sink will have a lot of scratches after a while, unless you get those scratch proof type, which is more ex.

Btw, anybody heard of this brand Rhoyxon. They carry hood, hob, sinks (brand is Foster), taps etc. Saw this shop selling this brand when I was in Changi Road one week ago. They staff told me that this brand is from Italy and ahs been Singapore for 30 years.