Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
leslens

Inter Terrace A and A, have an idea what to do but still need advice!

Hi Im new to this forum

Have done renovation before for my small condo now embarking on 2nd project to a 

Inter terrace, 1800 land area, 3 storeys, age 25 years old, condition original

My budget is 200-250k for some renovation broadly to include

1. re doing 5 bathrooms (tiles, floor, fittings, toilet bowl)

2. re doing kitchen (solid surface, no need quartz)

3. hacking tiles of living dining and kitchen , using tiles (no need marble)

4. feature wall for living, storage display cabinets (underneath stair case and also along dining room wall)

5. basic wardrobes for 5 rooms , 1 for each room just for clothes

6. hacking of 3-4 walls, internal (for open kitchen concept, removing of storeroom under staircase for open storage, wall from kitchen to yard, wall from 2nd floor to proposed balcony)

7. revarnishing of parquet 2nd and 3rd floor

8. changing windows ( 2 bay windows , 4 small windows) , main door and 2 foldable full ht windows for the living room and kitchen to backyard 

9. re painitng of exterior and interior (needs scaffolding)

10. creating a balcony on 2nd floor at the back of the house , needs tiles, needs a a roof (glass)

11. carpark roof extension with (glass and alumina composite) 

12. autosliding car park gate

13. retiling of carpark and backyard

14. changing of 1 to 3rd floor stair case railings to glass or wood trellis 

Optional

1. redoing the carporch roof, knock out one pillar and extend carporch roof out to park 2 cars

2. extending the 2nd floor (at the back) and building the balcony on 3rd floor instead

Questions

1. May I know if my budget is reasonable?

2. and how much more to do the optional 2 items (approval, PE, construction)

3. currently the facade has 2 bay windows, if i knock the bay windows and install flat full ht glass windows, do I need approval, PE for just changing design of bay windows? i think the GFA may be increased but probably only <2-3 square feet per bay window??

4. To park 2 cars in the front porch, how wide does the gate need to be? (its currently quite narrow)

im planning a modern industrial look with cement screed looking tiles, solid wood furniture (suar)

Thank you very much

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 12/19/2017 at 10:53 AM, leslens said:

Hi Im new to this forum

Have done renovation before for my small condo now embarking on 2nd project to a 

4. feature wall for living, storage display cabinets (underneath stair case and also along dining room wall)

6. hacking of 3-4 walls, internal (for open kitchen concept, removing of storeroom under staircase for open storage, wall from kitchen to yard, wall from 2nd floor to proposed balcony)

8. changing windows ( 2 bay windows , 4 small windows) , main door and 2 foldable full ht windows for the living room and kitchen to backyard 

10. creating a balcony on 2nd floor at the back of the house , needs tiles, needs a a roof (glass)

Optional

1. redoing the carporch roof, knock out one pillar and extend carporch roof out to park 2 cars

2. extending the 2nd floor (at the back) and building the balcony on 3rd floor instead

Questions

3. currently the facade has 2 bay windows, if i knock the bay windows and install flat full ht glass windows, do I need approval, PE for just changing design of bay windows? i think the GFA may be increased but probably only <2-3 square feet per bay window??

4. To park 2 cars in the front porch, how wide does the gate need to be? (its currently quite narrow)

im planning a modern industrial look with cement screed looking tiles, solid wood furniture (suar)

Thank you very much

1800 is the land but you need to consider the GFA , the bigger the area the more costly it will be. But since you have 1800 and 3 storeys, GFA should be a least 3500.  You may want to consider redoing your aircon and electrical wiring.  Unable to estimate the cost.  You should get at least 3 quotes to compare price. 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, leslens said:

Hi Im new to this forum

Optional

Questions

Thank you very much

Have you gotten anybody to take a look at the renovation ?