Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luckypants

Bad Experience with DC Carpentry/DE Chevron Holdings Pte Ltd

DC Carpentry/DE Chevron Holdings Pte Ltd

Bad experience with them.. lots of delay since sign quotation on 09dec 2017 and start work 02 Jan 2018 until 4th of June 2018 then settle the renovation Defect and my cheque for the refund amount have been delay for 4 weeks since 14 May 2018 as he promise..

Really regret not stating the date of completion on the quotation, however because it's recommend by few of my friends so we totally trusted the ID Peter as all of my friends said he is a very good ID and during first meeting our first impression of him was very good, he really wow us by the way he explain and how he guide us what to do first. So we decided to use his service(totally regret:() start work on 02 Jan 2018 but only the first 2 weeks thing are handle professionally and i manage to settle my HDB defects by 19 Jan 2018 the 3rd week of Jan from here on things start to go in a very unprofessional way.

Cement Screeding/Flooring

We got our SOB Flat with no flooring n cement lay evenly.

• the cement screeding took 7 weeks from 19 Jan 2018 to 08 Mar 2018
  • they have to lay many time to get the right height  but  end up giving us a very uneven screed and a few hump(will upload all photo on my personal reno blog exp) our ID even told us its very normal to be very uneven and this company do most of the cement screeding for HDB project and as we all know... HDB have very bad cement screeding work...
  • not able to find for us the colour we want for vinyl flooring but keep pushing power decor to us which don't have green tec sticker
  • we have to source the flooring our self and have them use auto leveling compound to fix the uneven floor

AIR-CON (during Jan)

• Lucky i was on site as my ID give them wrong measurement for the living room air-con
  • Air-con man from gain city was very good he told me and show me on the spot which measurement is nicer
  • ID told me he will be around but end up give them my lock number and tell them the measurement through phone and show up around late afternoon

Lighting/Painting

• keep installing wrongly even we send him pdf file of where to  install to save time
  • lucky all can be adjust
  • waste time on adjusting and reinstall lighting on the right place
  • i believe we could save more time by fixing a date to install all with us around to save time instead of dragging weeks after weeks
  • one of the hanging light came off because one of the screw was not tighter  lucky i was there to catch it and fix it myself
  • painting waste a lot time on touching up after each installation

Carpentry

• delay  for many weeks and could not finish the house on the date he promise and worst part we have no  place to stay already so we have no choice we have to move in and stay with the reno mess but lucky flooring,water heater and lighting is done
  • started to ignore our message only blue tick but no reply and we had to keep calling till he ans the phone
  • even fight with my  wife on the phone saying we are not the only one renovating(recorded every session we talk to  him on phone) it sounds like its ok to delay our house
  • he have to out source other company to do
  • best part the carpentry can only do on PH/Sat & Sun and it means our project is small for them to handler meaning mon-fri big project and my house is like a part time job
  • received lots of complain from neighbor to HDB and Police also came
  • drag for 5 weeks then finish
  • we request for many mini hole so we can adjust shelving but end up never get
  • we remove a few carpentry in order to make it faster end up also delay(we only do 1xwardrobe, 1xplaform, 1x toilet vanity, 1xisland and bottom cabinet for kitchen)

Island/table top/Kitchen

• Quartz guy total have to come my house 6 time to settle everything due to defect
  • we ask for marble/salem stone our ID just ignore us and when he show marble or premium quartz we ask for price he also ignore us
  • island top was install wrongly and they have to come back n trim the top
  • toilet vanity top back splash cutting was ugly and have to come back adjust
  • induction was install wrongly and hood can't suck the smoke n oil so have to change another new pcs of quartz to move the induction in
  • quartz guy always spoil my kitchen laminate and waste many time waiting for carpenter to come replace

Overall Experience

• its 6months already still haven get my money back and it really affect our life
  • planning to rent out our room but end up losing money due to the delay
  • always ignore our  message
  • keep using cny as a excuse, we are customer its not our problem we use your service you better deliver on time
  • if he have too many project then don't take our project
  • been trying our best to play nice but it don't work at all
  • lots of delay and empty promise
  • Seen some older post in the blog bout their company, they will try to remove or hide their 1 star review on their FB page and they also hide my wife 1 star review. Whats the point of putting review section for ppl review yet not honest.

Not everyone have a chance to always reno and buy new house this might be the only time i buy n reno my house in my life time. Really regret for not putting the date of compete on the contract. I will soon share a link to my personal reno blog with photos and videos. Hope that everyone will be more careful when they reno their home.

Wish me good luck in getting my money back

Edited by Luckypants
miss out

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My nightmare with them was with the designer Canny. No communication, no accountability, no ethics. She behaves like a prima Donna, sighing at every suggestion and request, keep telling me ‘你们不懂,就不要每次自己想要这个那个’. Carpentry went awry, don’t even bother to clear the interior configuration. My kitchen sliding door was the biggest joke. I asked for glass sliding door, she didn’t even bother to measure the clearance and installed a 1 piece sliding door that couldn’t open all the way, that will block the opening at 20cm. After installation her answer is “是这样的”. I had to find my own glass door supplier to remove and reinstall a 2 piece sliding glass door at my own cost. NIGHTMARE!