Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bubblepearl

Corrugated Paper And Plaster Sheet

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My ID.....did not provide me that ...altot it is written on the contract! So i need to know what is the market price in order to get a rebate lor

Why didn't you question your ID about it, since written on the contract?

Or are you saying that you do not need the corrugated papers and plastic sheets, but because its stated in the contract, so you want to get a rebate for it?

Well, I would say its quite difficult lor, since it usually comes free. This is just like, you go hawker centre to eat and the hawker provides chopsticks and spoon, but you don't need it; would the hawker give you a rebate on your food??

Anyone know how much all these cost for a 5I room?

One roll of corrugated paper, size 1.2m x 60m is abt $25-$30.

One roll of plastic sheet, size 1.8m x 45m is abt $30.

Not inclusive delivery charge of at least $30.

Can easily get from packaging supplies companies e.g. at Ubi Avenue or online.

Usually reno companies give free lah bcos they buy in bulk, usually quoted as part of reno haulage/debris removal fee.

My ID.....did not provide me that ...altot it is written on the contract! So i need to know what is the market price in order to get a rebate lor

Imagine you ordered a wanton noodles, can you return the soup for a rebate? That is not a way to your negotiation. Every contractor quote their price differently. The basic factor is their cost of supplier, cost of labour, office expenses, and the profit margin the contractor willing to go. Everything comes with a price. Every contractor have their way to present their quotation. Certain item which they are specialize in could command a better margin than others. However, they have to balance the market price. That's why most of them will present their costing near to market rate but the margin may not be consistence as per each items. Giving free items do have a cost, and usually, the cost is hidden in some items. I won't call it a gimmick but more of business strategy to attract customer. When stated in the contract as FOC, I don't think you can get a rebate because, on paper they already state the cost as FOC, so your rebate will be zero dollar value. However, the strategy is to separate the FOC items from item that quoted with a cost. Tell your contractor to reduce the overall price to your comfortable level when you can trade off with the FOC item that you don't required. This will bring your contractor's cost down and mostly he is more willing to forgo certain sum to your total. This will sound more reasonable than asking a rebate.

Edited by bullet

One roll of corrugated paper, size 1.2m x 60m is abt $25-$30.

One roll of plastic sheet, size 1.8m x 45m is abt $30.

Not inclusive delivery charge of at least $30.

Can easily get from packaging supplies companies e.g. at Ubi Avenue or online.

Usually reno companies give free lah bcos they buy in bulk, usually quoted as part of reno haulage/debris removal fee.

But in the contract, the cost for corrugated paper is between $150~$250, isn't it too much?

But in the contract, the cost for corrugated paper is between $150~$250, isn't it too much?

Hmmm...that works out to abt 7-8 rolls. What kinds of reno works to be done actually?