Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kalbee

Beast Of Balestier (contractor Not The Rapist!)

I was unfortunate enuff to encounter a lying crook of a contractor. Based in Shaw Plaza at Balestier is a firm called L_T. There is a malay contractor called J_mal.

Throughout the 2 months he gave us **** lot of trouble. At first when we signed the contract he was all smiles and nice, but once the 1st pym was made, his attitude changed 180 degrees. He became sarcastic and down right rude.

He tried many means to shortchange his customers by using inferior products and materials. He even had the audacity to get his blangla workers to remove old antique furnitures from our condo without asking. He gave the excuse and pretext that he is helping us to discard them, (even though he wasn’t asked to) when in fact he intends to sell them for a quick buck. Same thing for the wiring. He got his electrician to strip off all the old copper wires so that he can re-sell them now that the metal price is on the rise…Worse of all he made 3 duplicate keys for his 3 different batch of workers (tilers, painters and electrician) but only returned the original…Even his workers confided wif me that he made more than one copy. This whole encounter left a bad taste in our mouth… Anyone tried this one before and care to share his/her experience? :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I read on another forum that the rest of the contractors in this firm is no better.

Really regretted getting my reno works done by them.

They have 2 locations if i am not wrong. Hope fellow homeowners dun end up with such a nasty and unpleasant experience. To think that they stick the RADAC signage proudly for all to see in their showroom. i had originally thought that this is an assurance of quality service. Obviously I couldn't be more wrong! :bangwall:

I read on another forum that the rest of the contractors in this firm is no better.

Really regretted getting my reno works done by them.

They have 2 locations if i am not wrong. Hope fellow homeowners dun end up with such a nasty and unpleasant experience. To think that they stick the RADAC signage proudly for all to see in their showroom. i had originally thought that this is an assurance of quality service. Obviously I couldn't be more wrong! :notti:

u went for them cause of pricing?

yes... they are cheap... but trust me, it ain't worth it...

On hind sight I should have paid more for better service elsewhere...