Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sakae sushi

Tap Water Purifier

Hi..i'm considering to get one of the water purifier soon and have Elkan on my mind now..fyi it costs $1880 (Elken member px) and will rec'd $400 Elken vouchers, wch u may used to exchange with any of their products...non-member px ard $2k plus i think...i've done a lil research of water purifier earlier and not sure if using RO (dead water) wch is Elken is better or using Amway (good minerals still intact)...i heard Amway the water got one kind of odour..not sure is it true or not...any other recs for water purifier and feedback on Elken??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm using the OSIM tap water filter...

the filtered outlet is different from the unfiltered outlet... the filter water goes thru the filter and out from another outlet.... so.... the water filter has two outlets...

Food for thought ... What is the point of having a water filter installed to your kitchen tap, if it is the SAME outlet that filtered water and unfiltered water comes out from.

My parents are using Diamond water filter system... it seems that the "diamond-ed" water can rid off the smell... so... the vege lost its fragrance once u wash it with "diamond-ed" water....

Secondly, although DIAMOND is the most preferred brand, I was told that even fluoride and the added minerals good for you are also filtered out?
Edited by taichizi

Are those taps that come with hot and cold water, tap water purifier too? We are looking at getting one so that we dont have to boil hot water :sport-smiley-003:

the one we bought is for cold tap only.... we use airpot for hot water...

Are those taps that come with hot and cold water, tap water purifier too? We are looking at getting one so that we dont have to boil hot water :(

ok guys, stop guessing the diamond water and other filter system.

Diamond water is filtered energized water. The Pi water concept came from Japan. Their product is assembled in Taiwan, parts come from various suppliers but mostly first line OEMs, packaged in Malaysia before sending to SG & HK and sell. They do have different models for different country as the water quality is different from place to place. However, although I was their dealer (and I still have stocks to clear if you guys are interested), I have to say, the thing is overpriced. After learning all the technical stuff from diamond, I would prefer to DIY myself hehe....nevertheless, if you dun have so much time to DIY, better pay the pro and get a ready made product. When they sell you like $1800, their cost is around SGD$200 (manufacturing cost). The rest of the profit goes to R&D, advertising, distribution channels and retail dealers' profit. You think this is high? I tell you, OSIM or other brands are worse!

Basically energized water (or some call it clustered water molecules) is easier to absorb. The energy is similar to FIR and negative ion that actually energize your cell. The effect vary from people to people. Some feel nothing, some may feel healthier or more energetic, some may encounter mild sickness initially.

As for Chlorides and harmful heavy metals etc, any filter system with different types of carbon is able to filter or absorb different levels of harmful materials.

The content that is able to "dissolve or wash away" pesticides in vegetables is actually mild content of Calcium ion. The last filter of diamond water actually contain calcium, it is also used to further stabilize the water and prevent us from having calcium lost.

Elken is RO water aka pure water, that's meant for MACHINE! human shall not drink pure water, it is unnatural and it will actually take away minerals from your body. Usually only cancer patients are recommended to take pure water in the morning to cleanse their body (coz it is pure, it has nothing, it will grab whatever thing from its surrounding to make itself stable, pure water is very aggressive and unstable). Elken was sued for conducting misleading demo to their potential customers. They used electrode to demo electrolysis and mislead customers that the water is actually not clean. Any primary school student with science knowledge also know that water contain minerals will form oxide if you conduct electricity in the water. They used that stupid demo to mislead customers and trying to make them believe that only PURE WATER is clean. I tell you, if you drink 100% clean water, be ready to die earlier or suffer from lost of minerals. So, please stay away from RO waters unless you have extra money to burn and buy extra supplements to eat.

Singapore water is clean, but for people who demand even better quality water, you can consider water filter, but buy a proper one hoh, dun anyhow buy.

Edited by tingshen

Singapore water is clean, but for people who demand even better quality water, you can consider water filter, but buy a proper one hoh, dun anyhow buy.

not true leh lol. the pipes that the water pass through...you sure they are not rusty??? think again. im a chem student so i know. use ph indicator to test the tap water that you drink everyday. you'll find out that its actually slightly acidic due to the rusty particles!!!! imagine over time the acid accumulates in your body. sooner or later something in your body is bound to corrode :X

water filters do have its advantage la. somemore some brands offer added minerals and all, healthier than normal water.

you're just a chem student, no wonder :yamseng:

How could "rust" be "acidic"? I'm wondering lol! I maybe wrong, but please give us the formula :rofl:

I never said water filter no good, I said, if you want to buy, buy properly. open eyes big big hoh, those RO filters or ionized water can go drink longkang. Not suitable for most people or majority of consumers.

Even if your drinking water is "acidic" relative to your body fluid, it will not be as "acidic" compared to your high protein intake, especially the meat.

Water is only 1 of the factors that contribute your health, dun think by drinking health water alone would make you healthy. There are many other factors you need to take into consideration.

not true leh lol. the pipes that the water pass through...you sure they are not rusty??? think again. im a chem student so i know. use ph indicator to test the tap water that you drink everyday. you'll find out that its actually slightly acidic due to the rusty particles!:P! imagine over time the acid accumulates in your body. sooner or later something in your body is bound to corrode :X

water filters do have its advantage la. somemore some brands offer added minerals and all, healthier than normal water.

acutally, its not the rust which raise the Ph value of drnking water. Rather, drinking water itself is in fact slightly acidic. The slightly acidic water will cause rust in pipes.

However, the pipes used by PUB should be stainless steel and of 304 grade. However, if u suspect the PUB shortchanged u and use lousy quality stainless steel. One simple method is to use a magnet and run along the pipes, if it stick, its a low grade one.

This method can used when anyone of you buying stainless steel products or intending to install stainless steel piping for storage heater, jsut use a magnet, there's no way the supplier can bluff u.

i always wonder is it really so difficult to boil water and leave it in a container to be consumed later?.... :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

perfectly fine provided you can seal up the air. U know....germs would grow....including bacteria.

you're just a chem student, no wonder :sport-smiley-004:

How could "rust" be "acidic"? I'm wondering lol! I maybe wrong, but please give us the formula :sport-smiley-004:

hmm rust comes from metal, which means rust contains metallic elements; metal forms H+ ions in water, which means.....tada acid is formed. we all know from sec sch chemistry that acid has a high concentration of H+ ions.

so yea rust does cause water to be acidic actually. lol. accumulation of acid in our body = eeksss. so i guess theres a reason why some of the branded mineral water out there is slightly alkaline (again, do the pH indicator test lol)

acidic, in this application, is a very subjective term. It doesn't mean acidic if you have H+ ions. You must have enough H+ to make it RELATIVELY acidic to your body. As I mentioned earlier, the meat or protein intake is probably more acidic than your water intake. Unless you drink coke everyday.....

water PH is only 1 of the many factor that contribute "good water" or "health water".

there are a few water you shall skip, 1st, RO water, 2nd, distilled water, 3rd, alkaline water or ionized water. these are mainly for machines or industrial use. I dunno why they want to make it for human consumption. NASA invented RO because they can't bring too much water to the space, and it's mainly for short term purpose.

Edited by tingshen

hmm rust comes from metal, which means rust contains metallic elements; metal forms H+ ions in water, which means.....tada acid is formed. we all know from sec sch chemistry that acid has a high concentration of H+ ions.

so yea rust does cause water to be acidic actually. lol. accumulation of acid in our body = eeksss. so i guess theres a reason why some of the branded mineral water out there is slightly alkaline (again, do the pH indicator test lol)

here are my 2 cents:

rust is basically a metal oxide known chemically as Fe2O3 (iron III oxide). So a metal oxide when in contact with acidic water you should in fact get salt and water, which in fact acts like neutralising the acid. rust appears due to the exposure of the metal to oxgen from the environment (be it from air or water) and thus oxidising it. I don't remember metal forms H+ ions in water, it should be metal (more reactive ones) reacts with water to give hydroxide (OH-)and hydrogen gas H2.

I also think so! But since I have graduated so long from university and my chemistry course was during my very first semester only. Thanks kayser for pointing out!

classified11, actually I'm interested to know where you hear this from. I know NUS Chem head personally.

I also think so! But since I have graduated so long from university and my chemistry course was during my very first semester only. Thanks kayser for pointing out!

classified11, actually I'm interested to know where you hear this from. I know NUS Chem head personally.

wahahaha okay my chem is terrible then. its been a longgg time since ive touched chem. but i did test the pH of tap water and it IS acidic..slightly acidic. what could be the explanation then??? i thought of the rust theory but apparently uh, its wrong oops.lol