Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovenest

Courtesy Campaign

I think singapore is in real need of a courtesy campaign...and an agressive one at that.

ive noticed more and more every single day how people are downright rude in this so called developed country.

its too tiring to list down example.

buti would if i have to.

so does anyone know how we can submit this suggestion and to which establishment of the govt??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haha.. I remembered the gd old times.. Courtesy lion, Singa

Courtesy Songs & etc.. Courtesy is for free, Courtesy is 4u & me.. :dunno:

Sadly the trends seems dat the higher educated a person is the more self-centred one becomes.. Many becomes too engross in chasing after materialistic stuffs, which resulted less time 2b courteous, care for others & etc..

IMHO courtesy campaign wld probably work better in the seventies & eighties, when our parents hv less education & know little abt courtesy. Nowadays education level for the younger generations had risen so much.. and yet basic courtesy is not apparent in the society. Why we might ask.. i think it all lies in how the youngster r being brought up.. no doubt courtesy campaign might bring awareness, but it might b juz temporary.. :furious:

haha.. I remembered the gd old times.. Courtesy lion, Singa

Courtesy Songs & etc.. Courtesy is for free, Courtesy is 4u & me.. :dunno:

Sadly the trends seems dat the higher educated a person is the more self-centred one becomes.. Many becomes too engross in chasing after materialistic stuffs, which resulted less time 2b courteous, care for others & etc..

IMHO courtesy campaign wld probably work better in the seventies & eighties, when our parents hv less education & know little abt courtesy. Nowadays education level for the younger generations had risen so much.. and yet basic courtesy is not apparent in the society. Why we might ask.. i think it all lies in how the youngster r being brought up.. no doubt courtesy campaign might bring awareness, but it might b juz temporary.. ;)

agreed...i see parents being selfish and rude in public when they r with their children. they set examples of what is acceptable behavior in public. its really sad. in fact it is revolting when people in less developed countries have better basic manners.

that is why i say the movement will have to be agressive.it will have to permeate schools workpalces and every nook and cranny of our lives. it aims to be as successful as the stop at 2 campaign :furious:

im really at a loss of what to say to a society where the people dont even have the basic courtesy to say 'excuse me' and prefer to shout 'hey' or cluck their tonques to get people to move.

its in a state of decay