Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

Sony Bravia...

Kana enticed by the salesman at Best Denki today, Sony 40" S200 is going for $2999, with 3yrs warranty and free home theatre.

Sony Bravia has three models; the 'S', 'V' and 'X' in accordance to their grades. Although 'S' model is the lowest grade, the specs are not bad at all:

http://www.sonystyle.com.sg/sonystyle/jsp/...Number=17499400

Never thought of Sony because had the impression that it was beyond my budget, but now at this price it does not seemed too far-fetched leh, especially compared to my first love, Samsung R81. With 40" R81 also now going at $2.9K+ thereabouts without any free gifts, should I seriously consider Sony??

http://www.sony.com.sg/myp/categories/lvl2...lvl2-homeav.htm

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Kana enticed by the salesman at Best Denki today, Sony 40" S200 is going for $2999, with 3yrs warranty and free home theatre.

Sony Bravia has three models; the 'S', 'V' and 'X' in accordance to their grades. Although 'S' model is the lowest grade, the specs are not bad at all:

http://www.sonystyle.com.sg/sonystyle/jsp/...Number=17499400

Never thought of Sony because had the impression that it was beyond my budget, but now at this price it does not seemed too far-fetched leh, especially compared to my first love, Samsung R81. With 40" R81 also now going at $2.9K+ thereabouts without any free gifts, should I seriously consider Sony??

http://www.sony.com.sg/myp/categories/lvl2...lvl2-homeav.htm

they ar not panel makers but the processor board is gd.

they ar not panel makers but the processor board is gd.

Huh what do you mean by that? :dunno:

So...its good or no good?? Hehe...I still cannot forget my R81...

Bro,

Pls see below. I got these sony x-series from vpost. I think singapore is selling 15K for the 52" and 8K for the 46". USA is selling them at a lower cost. However, only 1 year international warranty.

To reduce your USA to Singapore shipping charges, use vPOSTUSA shipping service. Instructions are on the right side of this page.

Sony KDL-52XBR2 52" Bravia XBR 1080p LCD HDTV Electronic — $3,737.10

Sony KDL-46XBR2 46" Bravia XBR 1080p LCD HDTV Electronics — $2,848.59

Huh what do you mean by that? :dancingqueen:

So...its good or no good?? Hehe...I still cannot forget my R81...

itz gd too. put side by side compare lor. as a consumer, compare the picture quality, looks, functions, ease of use, price and gift benefits, last but not least audio quality ( i dont really care abt this as im using ht).

if u are to ask me which to get, u already know my answer bro 8|

Saw the Sony offer too. Was tempted to get the X series 32" for MBR at $1599 with free gifts. Last day today, promotions alongside the PC show. But in the end did not buy cos found out that Philips will be coming out with some new models in Aug.

Bought the latest Panasonic Viera Plasma (never thought I will buy Plasma, seems like an impulse purchase) , paid a small deposit and got them to insert a clause that allows me to upgrade to another model before delivery (which is to be advised).

I've got three Bravias at home 46", 32" and 26". It's a Sony la. When you friends come over, they see a Sony and they know what it means. When you watch at home, u appreciate Sony's quality. When you eventually re-sell it at a garage sale, it certainly will fetch a higher resale price.

last year, was actually very tempted to the 32" V series LCD tv during their yearly sony sales. When R81 came out, i was so attracted to the design, and since they get their panels from samsung. After much thoughts, i decided to get the 32" R81.

Edited by andylyf

Bro,

Pls see below. I got these sony x-series from vpost. I think singapore is selling 15K for the 52" and 8K for the 46". USA is selling them at a lower cost. However, only 1 year international warranty.

To reduce your USA to Singapore shipping charges, use vPOSTUSA shipping service. Instructions are on the right side of this page.

Sony KDL-52XBR2 52" Bravia XBR 1080p LCD HDTV Electronic — $3,737.10

Sony KDL-46XBR2 46" Bravia XBR 1080p LCD HDTV Electronics — $2,848.59

Wow bro you are really an expert for buying from USA eh? Hehe... :notti:

But that is not really an option for my TV, due to the warranty and free gift... :notti:

itz gd too. put side by side compare lor. as a consumer, compare the picture quality, looks, functions, ease of use, price and gift benefits, last but not least audio quality ( i dont really care abt this as im using ht).

if u are to ask me which to get, u already know my answer bro :notti:

Ya lor, you should know my choice too, but am quite disappointed with samsung for the sudden disappearance of its free gift promotion. Anyway I am not surprised if sony purposely priced itself nicely alongside with samsung at this time when samsung just dropped its promotion, so as to snatch the customers at the critical time. With samsung being so high profile these days, I am sure all TV makers are watching its move.

Saw the Sony offer too. Was tempted to get the X series 32" for MBR at $1599 with free gifts. Last day today, promotions alongside the PC show. But in the end did not buy cos found out that Philips will be coming out with some new models in Aug.

Bought the latest Panasonic Viera Plasma (never thought I will buy Plasma, seems like an impulse purchase) , paid a small deposit and got them to insert a clause that allows me to upgrade to another model before delivery (which is to be advised).

I don't think there is a 32" for X-series leh; u sure you got the correct model?

Which viera you bought, what size and how much was it? I remember there is a P70 and P700, one with SD slot and one without. The new black design also very nice.

I've got three Bravias at home 46", 32" and 26". It's a Sony la. When you friends come over, they see a Sony and they know what it means. When you watch at home, u appreciate Sony's quality. When you eventually re-sell it at a garage sale, it certainly will fetch a higher resale price.

Yup, that's what I thought also. Not sure about other products, but for TV, Sony certainly has built its name. All along never considered it because of the price, but now really taking a good look at it...

Edited by zirhk3355

Which viera you bought, what size and how much was it? I remember there is a P70 and P700, one with SD slot and one without. The new black design also very nice.

Pai seh, I think is the "S" series, confused liao. :dunno:

Got the TH42PV70, 42", $2500.

They get their panels from Samsung. So... I think panels wise, it is equally good.

Sony doesn't get their panels from Samsung.

They make their own panels and share the factory site in Japan with Samsung.

Some salesman I know got reprimanded because of what he said to a Sony staff who went to the shop. Of cos he didn't know that guy was a Sony staff.