Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZenterraLighting1

FAQs Regarding Lighting Setup by Zenterra Lighting

Dear friends,

We have been getting lots of questions regarding our products and lighting setups for houses

That’s totally understandable since you only want a setup that is most suitable for yourself

So to help you in making better decisions, we’ll be posting short answers over the coming weeks that
could guide you in the planning process:

Q1. What Wattage should I use for (specific part) of my house?
In general, these are the Watts that we use for specific areas:
>Entrance and walkways – 12W
>Bathrooms, store room, house shelter and service balcony - 18W
>Bedroom, master bedroom, living room, study and dining - 24W to 36W

Q2. Reason for using the above-mentioned watts?
While there are no major reasons for using 12W vs 11W or 13W, it has to do with recommended amount of clarity and visual comfort for specific areas.

For e.g. The house entrance. You do not need extremely bright lights to perceive different objects like footwear, which are usually bigger than the size of your palm

Vs

Areas like study and bedrooms where reading is more likely to be done for hours, and you’ll need a brighter light to have a comfortable reading experience

Eventually, it all boils down to personal preference and whichever level of watts that has been working for you, continue to use them as you see fit

Alright, that’s it from us today

Stay tuned for further updates and if you learnt something from this post, hit the like button or comment below!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Alright this is the next part of our FAQ

Another question that we frequently get is this:
Q. What if I use a different colour tone/temperature in my lighting setup? For e.g. changing from Warm White to Day Light?

This is a great question for a few reasons

If you change a different colour from what you are used to, you’ll definitely feel a difference in brightness EVEN IF the watts and brightness settings are exactly the same.

Let’s say you usually use Warm White but you’ll like to switch to Day Light

You’ll notice that Day Light is much brighter with it’s whitish hue versus Warm White, which gives off a yellowish colour

We’ve had customers comment on how much brighter the rooms are in this scenario, and some even wanted to switch back because they couldn’t stand the brightness.

So as much as possible, stick with the colour you are used to

There is also the consideration of mood that you’ll like for your place

Using Warm White gives off a more relaxing feel, best for living rooms and bedrooms

Cool White is more for workspaces like offices and kitchens, as it will maximize contrast between colours making characters and objects easier to perceive, causing less strain for your eyes

Daylight has a more intense illumination, which is best for item displays or security considerations

So our recommendation is to stick with the same colour setting as much as possible

Alright that’s it from us today

Look forward to our next FAQ!

Alright here are some common quick questions:

Q. Which colour of light is best for certain age groups?

Younger people usually prefer warm white for a cosier feel and perception of words, characters are still possible to do with this lighting, although day light would actually be a better choice for long term comfort

Elderly prefer cool white as the lenses inside their eyes are yellowish due to a natural aging process, affecting their ability to see colours compared to younger persons

So cool white helps to perceive objects with different contrasts overall

That is also the reason why we have 3 colour options, so that each age group can have visual comfort at various locations in the house.

Q. If I’m not wrong, ‘lux’ helps to plan for specific parts of the house like kitchen, bedroom, study etc?

For bedrooms, living and dining areas 100-200 lux is recommended

For kitchen, bathroom and study 300-400 lux would be sufficient

One thing to consider for study rooms, are the usage of strip lights or table lamps placed in front of the workspace

That’s because you want to prevent shadows cast from your body, when your back is against a ceiling light

And that’s it from us today

We’ll let you know more answers to questions next week!

While this next FAQ isn't a question, it deals with a common misconception about watts and brightness

You see, most people think that higher watts equates to higher brightness or vice versa

That is generally true as higher watts means higher amount of electricity used, and that means it should give off a brighter light right?

Well... its somewhat correct but there is another point to consider, and that is the lumens.

'lm' is the short form for lumens, and it is usually found under the specifications of the light. So without getting too technical, higher lumens equates to higher brightness or vice versa

That's why some of our 12W downlights which has high lumens, is perceived as having the same brightness as other brands' 15w downlights with slightly lower lumens.

You may be thinking, "But it's only a few watts, so whats the big deal?"

While a few watts may not be a big deal in terms of brightness, over long periods it makes the difference in terms of electricity usage 

The higher amount the watt usage is, the more you spend on your electricity bills

So lets take a comparison of electricity usage in a year between a 12W and 15W light:

12W used for 4 hours a day = 48 watts consumed in a day, multiplied by 365 days making it 17,520 watts in a year

15W used for 4 hours a day = 60 watts consumed in a day, multiplied by 365 days making it 21,900 watts in a year!

That's a difference of 25% more electricity consumption using a 15W light, vs 12W light

So whenever you are looking to purchase your next light, always check out the lumens to increase your savings on your electricity bills

And that's it from us today!

Lookout for our next FAQ

So here’s our next batch of frequently asked questions

Where are Zenterra’s lights from?
The LED diode is made in Taiwan by Epistar Corp. Worldwide, they are known to produce the most durable LEDs which have consistent brightness over years of usage.

Drivers are Singapore Enterprise tested and certified to ensure they comply with government safety standards

Assembly and packing is done in China

For groups like BTO residents that want to buy together, is there a better discount?
Sure, just post in your facebook or whatsapp group about us and we can 20% off for lights like ceiling, hanging, strip, tracks etc.

However, for items that are already on promo like our removable 12W downlights and fans, there won’t be any further discounts.

You can always check with us if you have any doubts 

Do you have discount on electrician services? 
No, we do not provide such discounts

Alright we'll be back with more FAQ's soon!

Some excellent information. When I need it, I will know where to look. I use LED lights because I know that LED lights are energy-saving designed to replace incandescent, fluorescent, CFL, metal halide, high-pressure sodium, and halogen lights in your office, facility, or business. They reduce your energy consumption by at least 50% and as much as 80%, depending on the light you choose and the light we are replacing. With LEDs lasting up to 100,000 hours, we can also reduce your maintenance on your lighting. To buy lamps, I also use this site https://www.litelume.com/, it is very comfortable online, but I will also try your proposal. Thanks.

If you want to follow the written advice before ordering any product online then you can save a lot of time as well.I have tried to check the link to reviews and it contains a lot of information about the writing content where students can follow tips online and get best writing service easily.Getting online advice is always helpful if you want to get good grades at college level.