Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rustgal17

Super King Size Bed

Hi, I am new here and have recently moved back to Singapore from Europe. I am in the course of renovating my apartment and looking around for new furniture, etc. I cannot find any bed or mattress with size of 2m x 2m but could see some bed sheets selling in Robinson. Could someone advise where is the best place I could get this size of bed and mattress? My husband is 1.8m tall so we need a big size bed. Also, we recently brought a leather sofa and paid 50% deposit but when the sofa was delivered, there was a cut on the side and a hole under the sofa. Can someone advise if I could demand a refund as I found that the company is not reliable in their promise in delivering the products. We are new here.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

did you highlight this to the delivery man?

if you have already accepted delivery of the item the situation becomes a little tricky, esp you mentioned that the company is not reliable. you can try but they might turn around and say that the damage is caused by you...

as for the mattress, did you try the bed shop at robinsons?

maybe they do customise mattress of that size :)

welcome back to singapore

did you highlight this to the delivery man?

if you have already accepted delivery of the item the situation becomes a little tricky, esp you mentioned that the company is not reliable. you can try but they might turn around and say that the damage is caused by you...

as for the mattress, did you try the bed shop at robinsons?

maybe they do customise mattress of that size :lol:

welcome back to singapore

Yes - the mama guy who delivered the sofa and the dinning set was too busy trying to sell a cleaner for my leather sofa and I had to call the company and were only allowed to deduct $200 for the hole underneath the sofa. I did not notice the cut along the side of the 2-seater only minutes after the delivery guy step out of my apt. My husband was upset and demanded that I stop the cheque payment immediately. I called the company again immediately and spoke the salesman who promised that he will look into it. After the call, I gave instruction to stop the cheque payment. Then, the next day, I saw in the paper an advertisement from this company advertising for a much much cheaper price for the same kind of sofa set. I called the company but did not get to speak to the salesman. Another guy on the phone told me that the sofa advertised is slightly different because the back is slightly lower. I am not so sure as the photo on the paper looks so similar. Anyway, I find a lot of changes now in Singapore especially compared to 8 years ago. Sales people or business people are not so reliable anymore and one had to really bargain a lot to get a reasonable price. We don´t do that in Europe and it is so much easier. No stress whenever we have to buy anything. One price one decision. No need to think so much if you can get a better price somewhere else.

Hi, I am new here and have recently moved back to Singapore from Europe. I am in the course of renovating my apartment and looking around for new furniture, etc. I cannot find any bed or mattress with size of 2m x 2m but could see some bed sheets selling in Robinson. Could someone advise where is the best place I could get this size of bed and mattress? My husband is 1.8m tall so we need a big size bed. Also, we recently brought a leather sofa and paid 50% deposit but when the sofa was delivered, there was a cut on the side and a hole under the sofa. Can someone advise if I could demand a refund as I found that the company is not reliable in their promise in delivering the products. We are new here.

Just a word of caution on the super king size mattress. Lifts in HDB and Condos are pretty small, so your Super King size mattress may have a problem fitting into the lift if your new place are any of the above and your unit is on the high floor. I have a friend, staying on the 38th floor of a new HDB flat, and he bought a King size mattress. Now after measuring the dimensions of the lift, he is very worried that the mattress may not be able to fit into the lift. There is a bigger lift but it only serves up to the 21st floor. He asked the furniture co. how much extra would he have to pay to carry the mattress up the stairs, and the furniture co. told him $80/floor :lol:. Seems like the furniture know he may have a problem and he ganna ripped off.

Just a word of caution on the super king size mattress. Lifts in HDB and Condos are pretty small, so your Super King size mattress may have a problem fitting into the lift if your new place are any of the above and your unit is on the high floor. I have a friend, staying on the 38th floor of a new HDB flat, and he bought a King size mattress. Now after measuring the dimensions of the lift, he is very worried that the mattress may not be able to fit into the lift. There is a bigger lift but it only serves up to the 21st floor. He asked the furniture co. how much extra would he have to pay to carry the mattress up the stairs, and the furniture co. told him $80/floor :lol:. Seems like the furniture know he may have a problem and he ganna ripped off.

knew about this problem b´cos recently we changed the sliding window and the metal gate. For the metal gate, the installer assistant actually hand carried all the way up to 20th floor. As for the sliding window, they are smarter, they pulled the "rail" through the balcony from our front door. It was a bit scary as I was afraid that someone might get injured if the rail falls. It seems common here and these guys knew what they can do. Actually, wanted to post a picture of the balcony but did'n know how I can do it here. The "insert image" here seems to link to a website... :wub: Anyway, I did tell those contractors that my place is on the high floor so that they have an idea what to expect.