Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
florabliss

Solid Surface Kitchen Top Chipped

Hi,

Need some advice.

My white solid surface kitchen top was chipped off :unsure: . Is it possible to repair it ourselves (i.e. DIY)?

What can we use to repair it?

Or do I have to get my contractor in to repair it?

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Need some advice.

My white solid surface kitchen top was chipped off :sport-smiley-004: . Is it possible to repair it ourselves (i.e. DIY)?

Thanks.

its better to get pros to do it for u

You mean the top was hit by some hard object and chipped off with a hole there? For me I will just buy some white silicon and fill up the hole.

But if its chipped at the corner or edge, then it would be difficult. If you really want to give a shot at DIY, try visiting those DIY shops and see if they have anything for you.

Hi,

Need some advice.

My white solid surface kitchen top was chipped off :sport-smiley-004: . Is it possible to repair it ourselves (i.e. DIY)?

Thanks.

If it chip at the corner and not too bad, use sand paper to sand down till not observe. If it is bad, then you need professional help to cut further to regular shape and patch back with similar. If on the surface, you can buy epoxy putty from some hardware shop to patch it up using a good scrapper till not obvious.

Oh ya, putty also can...hehe. What about grout ah? Can use grout or not, since its white solid surface?

No. Grout won't do the trick as it is cement based. Grout will not bond with solid surface material as it is acrylic like material. Only epoxy putty can bond to it

Hi,

Need some advice.

My white solid surface kitchen top was chipped off :) . Is it possible to repair it ourselves (i.e. DIY)?

Thanks.

Hi, maybe you can approach the ID / guy to retify for you if it is only few months usage.