Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wtg54

Not So New Sk Ea

Hi All,

Any one doing reno in SK now as well? My ID is supposed to do the shower kerb for me, but he was saying cant get any from HDB. Is it possible?

My toilet floor tile is the orange colour ones. If anyone currently also doing shower kerb and manage to get from HDB let me know k? My side the flat was completed I think 2001.

Thanks all..

:notti:

regret to tell you, those tiles is no longer in production and that is why HDB asked us to go choose other tiles and they changed everything for us

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
regret to tell you, those tiles is no longer in production and that is why HDB asked us to go choose other tiles and they changed everything for us

hur? u mean HDB can change all the tiles so good har?

I also got a unit, going to be NOT's neighbour.

Closely following this T-Blog..hehe

Hi All,

Any one doing reno in SK now as well? My ID is supposed to do the shower kerb for me, but he was saying cant get any from HDB. Is it possible?

My toilet floor tile is the orange colour ones. If anyone currently also doing shower kerb and manage to get from HDB let me know k? My side the flat was completed I think 2001.

Thanks all..

:dunno:

Hi will u be hacking all your kitchen and toilet wall tiles? I also got 20X area, same wierd kitchen desgin which I like alot.

But I dun like the kitchen and wall tiles, very obiang...

hur? u mean HDB can change all the tiles so good har?

I also got a unit, going to be NOT's neighbour.

Closely following this T-Blog..hehe

luckily or unluckily... yes... all tiles (kitchen/toilets) were replaced, all sanitary fittings (toilet bowls, basin, taps) was also replaced by HDB... in fact if you comprain to them, likelihood they will replace all for you... but you have to bear with them as it take up to a month to have all these replaced

Edited by kon

Hi will u be hacking all your kitchen and toilet wall tiles? I also got 20X area, same wierd kitchen desgin which I like alot.

But I dun like the kitchen and wall tiles, very obiang...

No, I only taking out the windows and door. I dun think will need such a big kitchen. Besides, if hack will need to retile whole kitchen. So not prepared to spend that kinda of money. So will bear wif it. HDB tiles are mostly quite bad. Especially the older ones like ours.

No, I only taking out the windows and door. I dun think will need such a big kitchen. Besides, if hack will need to retile whole kitchen. So not prepared to spend that kinda of money. So will bear wif it. HDB tiles are mostly quite bad. Especially the older ones like ours.

that's why must find as much defects as possible the moment u get your keys :(

then HDB will change everything :)

if not wrong, 20X series - the odd number and the even numbers are built by diff contruction companys so not all are bad

that's why must find as much defects as possible the moment u get your keys :(

then HDB will change everything :)

if not wrong, 20X series - the odd number and the even numbers are built by diff contruction companys so not all are bad

Yah, I heard odd number elec points are not concealed unlike mine which is even the points are concealed.

I tried to knock the tiles but in the end gave up. Seems ok. Not hollow sounding to me. Maybe I not so professional in knocking. So didnt find any defects wif the tiles. I guess since the tiles have been sticking to the walls for 5 yrs liao, dun think will drop lah. haha.

Yah, I heard odd number elec points are not concealed unlike mine which is even the points are concealed.

I tried to knock the tiles but in the end gave up. Seems ok. Not hollow sounding to me. Maybe I not so professional in knocking. So didnt find any defects wif the tiles. I guess since the tiles have been sticking to the walls for 5 yrs liao, dun think will drop lah. haha.

yes you are right abt the concealed elec points. but do you know your even no blks has more starhub points than the odd no block :)

we also not professional but we still spent weekend there and knock on each tiles...

and our efforts got paid off :(

we are not worry abt them dropping off but we dun like those design mah...so must find fault then can change to our preferred tile design :deal:

Edited by zeny

yes you are right abt the concealed elec points. but do you know your even no blks has more starhub points than the odd no block !!

we also not professional but we still spent weekend there and knock on each tiles...

and our efforts got paid off !!

we are not worry abt them dropping off but we dun like those design mah...so must find fault then can change to our preferred tile design :furious:

don't quite understand odd and even nos. Do you mean the blk number 203 vs 202 or unit number

don't quite understand odd and even nos. Do you mean the blk number 203 vs 202 or unit number

:P you blew our cover :dunno:

:D it's block no :P

:P you blew our cover :dunno:

:P it's block no :P

ya lor..even the corridors for 203 is different from 202.

so u guys from 202 la i guess.

when you say more starhub pts, can elaborate? :D

Edited by arcturuz

yes you are right abt the concealed elec points. but do you know your even no blks has more starhub points than the odd no block :dunno:

and our efforts got paid off :P

we are not worry abt them dropping off but we dun like those design mah...so must find fault then can change to our preferred tile design :D

I didnt know about the diff for the starhub points. I only know each room including study has the starhub pt.

I was planning to do some knocking. But too lazy, so gave up. Haha. :P

I didnt know about the diff for the starhub points. I only know each room including study has the starhub pt.

I was planning to do some knocking. But too lazy, so gave up. Haha. :P

so good, every room got point

i got to spend $90 per point :dunno:

actually just take a one-dollar coin and knock on the four corners + centre of every tile.

quite fast one lah, think less than an hour finish liao (kitchen walls)

I was planning to do some knocking. But too lazy, so gave up. Haha. :dunno:

yah all your rooms including study got one...so calculate n see how much you have saved already :P

we poor mah...so have to hardwork and use coin to knock *sob*

yah all your rooms including study got one...so calculate n see how much you have saved already :dunno:

we poor mah...so have to hardwork and use coin to knock *sob*

wah den it means the other blk the rooms no starhub pt? :sport-smiley-004:

use coin knock how to check leh?

so good, every room got point

i got to spend $90 per point :sport-smiley-004:

actually just take a one-dollar coin and knock on the four corners + centre of every tile.

quite fast one lah, think less than an hour finish liao (kitchen walls)

apple did you ask your contractor to add the point or starhub to do it ?