Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xpat88

Sleeping In Before 7th Month, But Moving Furniture During 7th Month

I have recently relocated to Singapore.

I plan to move into my new house (ie. sleeping in the house) prior to the 7th month with the new furniture I have purchased here, eg. bed, dining set, TV, washing machine.

However my container shipment (furniture, household and personal effects) will only arrive after the start of 7th month. Can you advise if this is okay, as I have read that it is better to avoid moving house during the 7th month? Is the date of 'moving in' considered as the day you start sleeping in the new house? Or do I need to wait till after 7th month to move my stuff from the shipment to my new house?

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I have recently relocated to Singapore.

I plan to move into my new house (ie. sleeping in the house) prior to the 7th month with the new furniture I have purchased here, eg. bed, dining set, TV, washing machine.

However my container shipment (furniture, household and personal effects) will only arrive after the start of 7th month. Can you advise if this is okay, as I have read that it is better to avoid moving house during the 7th month? Is the date of 'moving in' considered as the day you start sleeping in the new house? Or do I need to wait till after 7th month to move my stuff from the shipment to my new house?

Thanks

There's a post on this.....pls check it out.

However, try to avoid the chinese 14 and 15 day of the month.

Hi xpat88, !!

Thought these links might help a little :

7th month., Hungry ghost festival

7 Month Reno

Possible Move In In 7th Mth? Any Thing To Take Note

24 July 07 (tue) Ok To Dong Tu

Moving In..

To Mr Chong:

Does sleeping overnight in the new house means officially moved in? The issue we are having is that our house might not be ready before the 7th lunar month and heard that it is best to move in during the 7th lunar month. So we are thinking maybe we can sleep overnight before the start of 7th lunar month, which is 12th August 2007, Sunday so it means we are officially moved in. Is it correct to do so?

Does putting a Mirror under the sun for a few hours and later use it to reflect the whole house area is able to remove most of the "YIN" qi within the house? Please advise. Thanks! :curse: !!

Hi xpat88, :wub:

Thought these links might help a little :

7th month., Hungry ghost festival

7 Month Reno

Possible Move In In 7th Mth? Any Thing To Take Note

24 July 07 (tue) Ok To Dong Tu

Moving In..

To Mr Chong:

Does sleeping overnight in the new house means officially moved in? The issue we are having is that our house might not be ready before the 7th lunar month and heard that it is best to move in during the 7th lunar month. So we are thinking maybe we can sleep overnight before the start of 7th lunar month, which is 12th August 2007, Sunday so it means we are officially moved in. Is it correct to do so?

Does putting a Mirror under the sun for a few hours and later use it to reflect the whole house area is able to remove most of the "YIN" qi within the house? Please advise. Thanks! :P:furious:

Hello

Yes, if you want to keep it simple. However, you got to do it everyday for the next 27 days.

When you do a proper move-in procedure and selected date, some masters are alright with 1-3 days. I prefer to suggest 9 days at least.

So don't rush. Be comfortable with it. Do a good one without regrets.

Haha....pai seh, I don't know. Basically, only a solar panel can do that, right?

Alright, I'll share with you some method:

If you have already determined that a house is 'Yin', select a yang date (only a master knows how) with respect to your house. At the appointed time, open the door and put a packet of salt each at the 4 corners of the house. Sprinkle (optional) rice from all rooms leading out to the main door. Keep the windows open for at least a day.

Yes, if you want to keep it simple. However, you got to do it everyday for the next 27 days.

When you do a proper move-in procedure and selected date, some masters are alright with 1-3 days. I prefer to suggest 9 days at least.

Haha....pai seh, I don't know. Basically, only a solar panel can do that, right?

Alright, I'll share with you some method:

If you have already determined that a house is 'Yin', select a yang date (only a master knows how) with respect to your house. At the appointed time, open the door and put a packet of salt each at the 4 corners of the house. Sprinkle (optional) rice from all rooms leading out to the main door. Keep the windows open for at least a day.

Hi Mr Chong, :bangwall:

Thanks for the advice, but still have some questions to ask.

What do you mean by the next 27 days?

Does it mean that we need to visit our house and spend a few hours there every night or need us to sleep overnight? :dunno:

What do we need to do for a proper move-in procedure? And what's the difference between 1-3 to 9 days?

We found a website on this topic, dunno whether its applicable:

Moving Into An EMPTY House

Hope to hear from you soon Mr Chong, once again, thanks for your help on this. :bangwall:

Edited by tim_chenie

Hi everyone, :)

Just google and manage to find this website that provides auspicious dates for various events (e.g. grand opening, wedding dates, moving beds), anyone interested just click on the link below:

GOOD EVENTS DATES

Did a search on LUCKY Dates for GRAND OPENING (think it also means moving into new house) in the month of August, which happens to be the Chinese Hungry Ghost Festival month and these are the results :

01 Aug Wednesday

03 Aug Friday

06 Aug Monday

08 Aug Wednesday

16 Aug Thursday (Thinking of moving in on this day) :)

20 Aug Monday

28 Aug Tuesday

Can anyone provide advice whether these results are true? Thanks. !! !!

To Mr Chong:

We did another search on 16th August 2007, Thursday on the website mentioned on our previous post and found more information.

Chinese Lunar Date : 4th July 4704

The Stem Branch

YEAR : Red Pig

MONTH : Brown Monkey

DAY : Black Horse

So does this day has any bad impact on any of the Twelve Animal Zodiacs? Please advice.

Thanks for your help in advance. :P8|

Hi everyone, :)

Just google and manage to find this website that provides auspicious dates for various events (e.g. grand opening, wedding dates, moving beds), anyone interested just click on the link below:

GOOD EVENTS DATES

Did a search on LUCKY Dates for GRAND OPENING (think it also means moving into new house) in the month of August, which happens to be the Chinese Hungry Ghost Festival month and these are the results :

01 Aug Wednesday

03 Aug Friday

06 Aug Monday

08 Aug Wednesday

16 Aug Thursday (Thinking of moving in on this day) :notti:

20 Aug Monday

28 Aug Tuesday

Can anyone provide advice whether these results are true? Thanks. :furious::furious:

hie! duno how good is the website but i remember reading somewhere that good dates for hse moving-need to check owner's DOB. someone mentioned can chk at www.geomancy.net, at 'freebies' section but duno how accurate is it oso. mayb can compare?

hie! duno how good is the website but i remember reading somewhere that good dates for hse moving-need to check owner's DOB. someone mentioned can chk at www.geomancy.net, at 'freebies' section but duno how accurate is it oso. mayb can compare?
Hi rebtang, :P

We manage to find the site you talking about :

Free 30 Days Auspicious Date for One/Two Person(s)

Interestingly, we got another sets of dates by using both our birthdates:

Very Auspicious :

13 Aug 2007 Monday (1st of Chinese Lunar 7th Month)

25 Aug 2007 Saturday (13th of Chinese Lunar 7th Month)

Very Auspicious & Average (Date will be Very Auspicious for one and Average for the other):

08 Aug 2007 Wednesday (26th of Chinese Lunar 6th Month)

20 Aug 2007 Monday (8th of Chinese Lunar 7th Month)

01 Sep 2007 Saturday (20th of Chinese Lunar 7th Month)

No 16th August there, so kinda confused now. Maybe its not Lucky for our Birthdates.

So from the above, maybe the choice will be 25th August 2007, Saturday since 13 August is kinda too rush for us too.

Thanks for your help. :):notti:

:sport-smiley-004: