Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
resso99

Cozy Little Home

Hoping to have some suggestions here....

Pictures coming...hmm, i need some time to figure out how to post the pics here

Edited by tesoro

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Eric

Thanks for helping me :bangwall:!:unsure:

I am going to do reno in december. Most prolly going for contractor because of financial constraints. We went to a few IDs , though we haven't got the quotes yet, i think it should be rather expensive....

The house style is really passe...too outdated. I want a modern and cozy home...

Any suggestions? Pls feel free to throw it to me....

Cheers

Edited by tesoro

Hi Eric

Thanks for helping me :dancingqueen:!!!

I am going to do reno in december. Most prolly going for contractor because of financial constraints. We went to a few IDs , though we haven't got the quotes yet, i think it should be rather expensive....

The house style is really passe...too outdated. I want a modern and cozy home...

Cheers

You may wan to keep the toilet and just change its wall tiles? The glass shower screen can be reused..

Spamchop! Welcome to renotalk!...looks like a nice spacious place u have there. :bleah:

What kind of concept are u looking at? :notti:

Hi Eric

Thanks for helping me !!!!!

Cheers

Start saving your pennies.

Start saving your pennies.

jiak lor di everyday!!

Hi Eric

Thanks for helping me !!!!!

Cheers

eeks yes the kitchen laminates looks scary!! blue and peach.

yea agree with weishun that the toilet look okay:)

Remove the pillar thingy near ur window to open up the space...

Repainting in neutral colours...white...beige?

Kitchen cabinets can relaminate?

Think the house looks dated is mostly because of the colours...

False ceiling is acceptable to me also....

Enjoy ur renovation! :yamseng:

Your living room floor looks like its in a good condition.

Is it marble? The bedrooms as well? It would be a waste to hack that off. The color is not that "orbit" so maybe you want to consider keeping it.

Think its the colors too.

You should take a step back and look at the place again and decide if you really need to hack up the entire house. Its easy to get carried away in the initial few months to want to spend whatever it takes to make it look good.

hi all

Thanks so much for your valuable comments

Pillar :I cannot remove the pillar in the living room. It was actually the balcony but the previous owner hacked it down to become a dining area.

Kitchen: I am going to change the laminates of the cabinet doors or perhaps the doors....i just cannot stand the colour.

Flooring: It's marble flooring so definitely it's gonna stay. No funds to re-lay the floor. And anyway, both of us love the flooring

Bedroom: I will put up more pics and perhaps u guys can have more suggestions for me?

Hehe

Btw, eric, how did you manage to have the pic on the post instead?

I just can't seem to do it

Thanks

Hi, i took a long method as i do not use imageshack, thus dunno whether it can generate the image tag by itself or does it show the actual url of the pic. (maybe any other forumer who use imageshack can share how to). i use photobucket.com

the url u used is dynamic url, under PHP coding.

eg.. h**p://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=balcony1ow1.jpg

the underline portion will tell imageshack to search its database and find the pic name balcony1ow1.jpg.

this url will not work in the image tag of the forum.

u will need to look for the actual url of the pic, like the below

eg. h**p://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9302/balcony1ow1.jpg

and put it inside the image tag

eg.

[img=http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9302/balcony1ow1.jpg]

to create link to the image,

eg

[url=http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=balcony1ow1.jpg][img=http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9302/balcony1ow1.jpg][/url]

i got the actual url by right clicking on the image and then select properties, and look for the image location and copied the actual url. there maybe easier method from imageshack, so u may need to find out from the imageshack website itself.

hi all

Thanks so much for your valuable comments

Pillar :I cannot remove the pillar in the living room. It was actually the balcony but the previous owner hacked it down to become a dining area.

Kitchen: I am going to change the laminates of the cabinet doors or perhaps the doors....i just cannot stand the colour.

Flooring: It's marble flooring so definitely it's gonna stay. No funds to re-lay the floor. And anyway, both of us love the flooring

Bedroom: I will put up more pics and perhaps u guys can have more suggestions for me?

Hehe

I just can't seem to do it

Thanks

hello tesoro...

if cannot remove the pillar, can make the top curve part straight and higher also...like dat create kinda like a cleaner line and open abit of space...cos the curve part really block out space...

marble flooring... :dancingqueen: juz ask ur contractor to buff and polish for u can liao...will look new after buffering and polishing...

:dunno: