Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lifestyle

Spot Light (or Halogen Light) Materials

But I did saw the ballast inside my light, it is under philips.

Philips got electric and the normal ones is it?

yes. normal ones are called magnetic ballast.

http://www.lighting.philips.com.sg/sg/en/P...amp;type=browse

the only reason a professional electrician will tell you cannot change - your designer lamp's compartment too small to accomodate the electronic ballast. while there are smaller electronic ballast in the market, just happens that their co dont carry.

there is a light shop right at the traffic junction beside nosignboard seafood(geylang lor25 23?), the malay boss even give us an option of converting all to electronic ballast at $25-$35(cant recall exact price) per pc before delivery.

Edited by MaCe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Pardon my ignorance, what is ballast? Transformer?

Is it better to have ballast or without ballast? What is the difference between normal and electric ballast?

Went to Megaman shop in Jalan Besar and was told that their reflector energy-saving lights (equivalent to normal halogen lights) do not require ballast and is easy to install and replace. In fact, a lot of their lights do not require ballast.

The energy saving features is really very attractive. Thinking of getting all my lights from Megaman although the initial outlay may be a bit higher.

There is also a energy-saving dimming lamp which is really something new and exciting to me, cos as far as I know, energy saving lights is not "dimmable".

Pardon my ignorance, what is ballast? Transformer?

Is it better to have ballast or without ballast? What is the difference between normal and electric ballast?

Went to Megaman shop in Jalan Besar and was told that their reflector energy-saving lights (equivalent to normal halogen lights) do not require ballast and is easy to install and replace. In fact, a lot of their lights do not require ballast.

The energy saving features is really very attractive. Thinking of getting all my lights from Megaman although the initial outlay may be a bit higher.

There is also a energy-saving dimming lamp which is really something new and exciting to me, cos as far as I know, energy saving lights is not "dimmable".

nono - ballast is used only in fluroscent lamps.

dont use their bulbs - it's not as bright as osram or philips yet consuming the same amount of watts.

a same wattage osram/philips bulb is at least 2-3 times brighter.

some of their lamp holders/fixture/downlights are nice though.

nono - ballast is used only in fluroscent lamps.

dont use their bulbs - it's not as bright as osram or philips yet consuming the same amount of watts.

a same wattage osram/philips bulb is at least 2-3 times brighter.

some of their lamp holders/fixture/downlights are nice though.

oic, ths for the advise.

oic, ths for the advise.

trust me, i am a victim - my osram 11w bulbs are brighter than their 23w

now i got 4 or 5 of their bulbs collecting dust in my cabinets. :~

try to plan as much energy saving lightings as possble - end of the year the difference in $$$ is a lot!:dancingqueen:

speaking of the devil - :dancingqueen:

my megaman 5w bulb blown after 7 weeks (24hours)

which is only 49 days x 24 hours = 1176 hours life span.

megaman.jpg

speaking of the devil - :deal:

my megaman 5w bulb blown after 7 weeks (24hours)

which is only 49 days x 24 hours = 1176 hours life span.

megaman.jpg

Hmm, so bad? :(

apart from the casing -

go for 12V halogen - another type of lamp also looks like halogen but it's using 230v - more energy consuming. Most salesman will tell you all same same halogen.

I believe the 230v ones got a different name.

12V halogen lamp 's 2 "legs" are just 2 sharp pins.

the other type(230v) the 2 "legs" got a tiny round stub.

I even went to osram distri to buy the special DecorStar-IRC halogen lamp(energy saving halogen). But it costs $8 bucks each :(

Who is the osram distri? I also want to get the Decostar-IRC... :(

Went to balestier only saw them selling Decostar-Titan. How does the Decostar-Titan compare to Decostar-IRC?