Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MeToo

Dishwasher - Is That Really Doing The Job ?

Hello Dishwasher owners and Potential owners :jawdrop: ,

My wife had feedback from her friends that dishwasher is really good at it's job and do good washing in oil stained utensils and deep fry utensils. FYI, we do heavy cooking.

But I doubt that and thinking whether I need to spend app 1K on this ?

Anyone can share their experience ?

- Is that really worth of money and save us some time from dishwashing ??

- How abt the maintenance and running cost (washing soap, water and electricity consumption) ??

- What are the good brands and what's the price ??

- Where can I get a good lobang ??

Thanx.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Got a friend who owns a dishwasher and his reasoning is very basic: It gives him back the 'freedom' when he was staying with parents, ie to simply chuck the dishes aside after eating! It also acts as a storage because he does not take out the utensils after washing.

Whether clean or not, well it boils down to individual lah; even if you handwash, you also rinse it before using again, right?

Got a friend who owns a dishwasher and his reasoning is very basic: It gives him back the 'freedom' when he was staying with parents, ie to simply chuck the dishes aside after eating! It also acts as a storage because he does not take out the utensils after washing.

Whether clean or not, well it boils down to individual lah; even if you handwash, you also rinse it before using again, right?

Good Points. Noted and Thanx.

ANY other inputs ?

!!

well, ask any american/european & they'll tell u how they cant live w/o it! my other half is one of them & he wanted to ease my "burden" (we were newly weds in dubai 4 yrs ago) when he bought it so that i can spend more time immersing in e expat life there. i felt so redundant :bangwall: cos i do enjoy dishwashg & ironing (oh, he sent his officewear to e laundry). so there goes my chores... i made a deal that he'll handle e d/w so to me it's a little luxury, esp now we hv 2 infants :bangwall:

but it's not a magic machine- u still need to clean off e stains b4 u dump them in. to me so "leceh" cos must clean a bit, then arrange nicely, then wait til full then on e d/w. my family "shake their heads" when they saw our time saver but if u want sparkling crystals, shiny WMF, sterilised baby bottles, etc it's worth it. hubby turns d/w b4 bed, unload it b4 breakfast so it clears e sink space, too.

1 - Is that really worth of money and save us some time from dishwashing ??

yes, in all saves time.

2- How abt the maintenance and running cost (washing soap, water and electricity consumption) ??

our indesit 50 needed no maintenance those 4 yrs in dubai. got e same model now. used finish or calgonit tablets in dubai but it's SO expensive here so switched to henkel. just as good. as for h2o & electrict cant advise there cos we've just relocated here 3 weeks.

3- What are the good brands and what's the price ??

found our reliable indesit <S$900 at mayer & bcos we bought hob, hood & oven so we got a great deal on d/w.

4- Where can I get a good lobang ??

check out garage sale/expat forums if any1's leaving any d/w behind. but i'm sure u'd want a brand new 1?

well, ask any american/european & they'll tell u how they cant live w/o it! my other half is one of them & he wanted to ease my "burden" (we were newly weds in dubai 4 yrs ago) when he bought it so that i can spend more time immersing in e expat life there. i felt so redundant :notti: cos i do enjoy dishwashg & ironing (oh, he sent his officewear to e laundry). so there goes my chores... i made a deal that he'll handle e d/w so to me it's a little luxury, esp now we hv 2 infants ;)

but it's not a magic machine- u still need to clean off e stains b4 u dump them in. to me so "leceh" cos must clean a bit, then arrange nicely, then wait til full then on e d/w. my family "shake their heads" when they saw our time saver but if u want sparkling crystals, shiny WMF, sterilised baby bottles, etc it's worth it. hubby turns d/w b4 bed, unload it b4 breakfast so it clears e sink space, too.

1 - Is that really worth of money and save us some time from dishwashing ??

yes, in all saves time.

2- How abt the maintenance and running cost (washing soap, water and electricity consumption) ??

our indesit 50 needed no maintenance those 4 yrs in dubai. got e same model now. used finish or calgonit tablets in dubai but it's SO expensive here so switched to henkel. just as good. as for h2o & electrict cant advise there cos we've just relocated here 3 weeks.

3- What are the good brands and what's the price ??

found our reliable indesit <S$900 at mayer & bcos we bought hob, hood & oven so we got a great deal on d/w.

4- Where can I get a good lobang ??

check out garage sale/expat forums if any1's leaving any d/w behind. but i'm sure u'd want a brand new 1?

Very informative answer. Thanx. :P

I hve seen indecit and Fisher-Paykel. FP is bit expensive. Not yet decided on which brand and model. My budget is around 900$. More than me, my wife is very interested in having a DW.

Not interested in second hand/used DW. My wife very particular in that, she don't want used one when it comes to any of kitchen accessories.

:dunno:

Edited by MeToo

Q: Dishwasher: Is it worth it?

A: Absolutely, no question about it.

We have been using a Bosch since 2000/2001 and I wonder how we managed without it before that. It saves us at least an hour a day, and it cleans out even tough oil and grease stuff. A heavy duty full load at 65 degrees only consumes 21 litres of water, otherwise I use the 55 degrees cycle which takes 15 litres. I bet I will use more when washing manually.

And you're right about second hand. I actually got one before this, and the stupid thing didn't work. Paid $50 to get a technician from the company and he said it's dead. Need to spend $200 to replace parts. Get a new one, specially with food related stuff. U never know what junk has been in a used one.

Edited by sepultura

Q: Dishwasher: Is it worth it?

A: Absolutely, no question about it.

We have been using a Bosch since 2000/2001 and I wonder how we managed without it before that. It saves us at least an hour a day, and it cleans out even tough oil and grease stuff. A heavy duty full load at 65 degrees only consumes 21 litres of water, otherwise I use the 55 degrees cycle which takes 15 litres. I bet I will use more when washing manually.

And you're right about second hand. I actually got one before this, and the stupid thing didn't work. Paid $50 to get a technician from the company and he said it's dead. Need to spend $200 to replace parts. Get a new one, specially with food related stuff. U never know what junk has been in a used one.

Thanx for the answer and suggesting BOSCH model.

I'll consider this model also when buying. Actually, My wife spent a lot of water during washing apart from wasting her time and effort. Lot of water spent means lot of $$. That's also one of the reason why I want to have a DW. It's only capital cost, my ROI may be within 2 yrs, if DW saves water.

How much this BOSCH costs and where I can get best Price ?

:sport-smiley-004:

Edited by MeToo

Thanx for the answer and suggesting BOSCH model.

I'll consider this model also when buying. Actually, My wife spent a lot of water during washing apart from wasting her time and effort. Lot of water spent means lot of $$. That's also one of the reason why I want to have a DW. It's only capital cost, my ROI may be within 2 yrs, if DW saves water.

How much this BOSCH costs and where I can get best Price ?

:yamseng:

Actually water is cheap in SGP. If you check your bills, electricity is the the killer.

Anyhow, BOSCH is not too bad :jawdrop:

Let me know if you need to find out more abt it.

I got my Bosch long back at police cantonment complex in Eu Tong Sen street. They used to have a police welfare co-op society (polwel) where they sold this stuff. Dunno if still there. Best to avoid coxxxts, they have the highest prices I've seen.

I got my Bosch long back at police cantonment complex in Eu Tong Sen street. They used to have a police welfare co-op society (polwel) where they sold this stuff. Dunno if still there. Best to avoid coxxxts, they have the highest prices I've seen.

I generally avoid coxxxts, because of Price. (Where the heck they'll charge for the big big full page advertisements they are giving in ST Times).

I just saw this site Rina Electricals and it seems they have many DW models.

Seen some at Mustafa Center. not many.

:)

Hey thanks I bookmarked them now. How's their service and sales staff? Friendly? Good service?

Sorry, I didn't visit them yet. Just saw their website.

Anyone visited ?