Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

Is It Too Early To Look For Contractor

No harm getting a quotation all over. In the end, it benefits you most.

What I learn from my reno is "Good Things May Not Be Chaep And Cheap Things May Not Be Good.' So my advice is, to be safe, get an established contractor and pay a bit more cos in the end your house is a nest you will be living in for a long time. Not like me, try to get a cheap quotation, in the end the workmanship & services REALLY DISAPPOINTING.

Good Luck

You're currently in contractors/ids reputation forum.

it is not entirely true that "Good Things May Not Be Cheap And Cheap Things May Not Be Good."

with a little foot work and plenty of homework, one can easily get good things at cheap price!

It is a matter of whether you are willing to spend that amount of time and effort to go around hunting.

Take for example, my dining table. I fell in love with the one that i saw from scanteak... but the price tag is >$1k for the table alone. Each chair is $799 before discount.

that will work out to >$3k for a dining set with 4 chairs.

I was not placated. We went hunting around and finally found one shop in AMK selling a similar design table with chairs that look the same as the scanteak ones. Got the whole set at <$1k. Same sturdy design. Same beautiful look.

Or our lamps... the decorative ones my wife fell in love with when she saw it at some designer shop that sells it for >$500 a piece.

We went hunting all over the island and found a shop selling a the same design piece at <$700 for a pair!

Now they are proudly hanging in my home.

Same goes for contractors and designers... for the same wardrobe design, there are so many prices, how does one know if the contractor is the one for you?

I wrote it all in my blog... LOOK, FEEL is always important when you are viewing the current projects of the contractor. Look at the works done. Touch the edges, the surfaces... etc to see if they are properly done.

Then ask if this is going to be the same group that does your home. ask for names and info about the team.. who is the carpenter, who is the tiler, who is the electrician.... etc etc

Then make the decision to see if you like the contractor enough to fork out that hefty amount to get he job done for you :P

Hi MaCe

I cannot find the contractos/ids reputation in this forum.

HAPPY

like i mentioned, lots of home work required.

Go look at people's blog... they usually post their contractor's firm there.

PM them to ask for the name of the companies that did their home.

Ask questions... lots of them.

Do searches to find the company that you are looking for.

So many home owners here in this forum, I can safely say, almost all companies doing reno and id design can be found here. :P you just need to do that extra effort to find that is all.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Learn 1 more new things, ask the contractors whether same tilers and what is their name? At least if confirm, when go there,we can ask for their name.

So that contractors will not anyhow ask someone and lay the tiles.

Thks GnM

Learn 1 more new things, ask the contractors whether same tilers and what is their name? At least if confirm, when go there,we can ask for their name.

So that contractors will not anyhow ask someone and lay the tiles.

Thks GnM

anytime. :P

Guest zackling

Hi h4happy,

Please take time off your busy schedule to meet me at Marina Square #xx-xxx xxxxxxxxx DESIGN to discuss with you & your wife on your renovation. I would like to hear what you've on minds & most probably, I can provide you with some constructive ideas for you & your wife. Do kindly contact me at 9xxxxxxx before you come down.

ZackLing @ XXXXXXXXX DESIGN

[Post edited, no advertisement plz. For advertisement opportunities pls contact Admin]

Edited by JuzChris

Guest vinlee

zackling,

either you didnt read the header regarding advertising here?

or you are simply ignoring it.

I think you are pretty brazen to advertise in this manner.

Hope moderators are reading this

Edited by JuzChris

zackling,

either you didnt read the header regarding advertising here?

or you are simply ignoring it.

I think you are pretty brazen to advertise in this manner.

Hope moderators are reading this

Yeah..anyway, I have a peace of my mind from him!

No more asking me to send floor plan to him everyday.