Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reynerllica

Virtual Surround Sound System

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Is Philips HTS8100 good anyone have tested it before or owe it?

hts8100mz5.gif

this is a copycat tech of the yamaha HTS.

no chance to audit but dont it will any difference at all with the yamaha.

your left and right wall must be equvilent - if one side is glass windows and the other side is cabinets then it wont sound good.

Yamaha doesn't have HDMI connection and cannot upscale.

Anyway TS, pls do a search...there is already a thread started by me on 6600 and 8100

Edited by doubl3a

found a video on the system

or

just type philips sound bar reviews in google - or in HT / audiophile forums and see how many positive reviews you can get.

even yamaha has a hard time trying to convince the old school HT.

You can also consider the Denon newly launched DHT-FS3. More info can be found HERE Price is around S$1450 and can be audition at KEC in Adelphi.

186753375-M.jpg

Edited by lifestyle

the above unit is also selling at audio hse, FYI

or

just type philips sound bar reviews in google - or in HT / audiophile forums and see how many positive reviews you can get.

even yamaha has a hard time trying to convince the old school HT.

becos its surround is projected from the wall... and there're certain guideline for it to be effective. Like flat bare wall...

If I only have 1 side of the wall that is near to the speaker the other side is open area will the virtual surround still work?

what you think leh? :horse:

ask any audiophile why they die die must spend thousands on soundproofing their soundroom.

ans : when sound wave hits a wall and bounce - music/sound becomes DISTORTED:sport-smiley-018:! what you are listening to is NOISE.

this is why such products 's main targetted consumers are the geeks, not audiophiles. All these huge companies knows their market, no way can they sell it to audiophiles, thats why such a "new tech" is sold so cheap. It's for those who wants something that LOOKS special so they can brag to their guests during house warming.

what you think leh? :horse:

ask any audiophile why they die die must spend thousands on soundproofing their soundroom.

ans : when sound wave hits a wall and bounce - music/sound becomes DISTORTED:sport-smiley-018:! what you are listening to is NOISE.

this is why such products 's main targetted consumers are the geeks, not audiophiles. All these huge companies knows their market, no way can they sell it to audiophiles, thats why such a "new tech" is sold so cheap. It's for those who wants something that LOOKS special so they can brag to their guests during house warming.

Haha I am the geek no $ to invest such a high end equipment so got to find something simple to improvise and have lesser wires but near to similar surround sound effect.

But from the Singapore Denon site it still does not show this model in the our market.

The technology behind this model is very different from Yamaha. Yes indeed Yamaha model requires 2 side walls to bounce the sound to ur rear left n right. But hts8100 does not depend on the side wall, but based on the psychoacoustic effect human will 'wrongly' interpret the surround effect without a side wall at all! U can read the review online which most ppl prefer Philips one than Yamaha one.

Another difference btwn Philips model and Yamaha model is Philips model integrated the disc drive into the spk system, but whether it is a wise decision or not depends individual...

It's definitely not targeting audiophile but consumer who doesn't has spaced for traditional 5.1 hts system but still want to enjoy surround sound experience.

Just got the philips HTS6600...sound system is good....best of all, it looks slick without so many speakers and wirings...simply love the design...

Just got the philips HTS6600...sound system is good....best of all, it looks slick without so many speakers and wirings...simply love the design...

I juz bought my HTS6600 too...cost me $699. Looks good wor.

I juz bought my HTS6600 too...cost me $699. Looks good wor.

Wah! Where you bought your set?? We asked from HongLiang and they quoted us 800+....in the end we bought from best denki cos we need to pay by instalment....seems like we kena tok a lot..