Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yinghe

Any Idea How To Design A Long Living Room?

Hihi, gurus, my living room is a bit long and narrow, I am thinking if anyone has good ideas how to design it to make it more cosy, :notti:.

Currently I have TV & Sofa occupied half, the other half I put a showcase cabinet.

Just wonder if anybody have better ideas, thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Depends on the other parts of the flat also; where are the rooms, where is the kitchen, main door, etc?

It would help if you can post the flat's floorplan here...

hehehe, me did the same thing as you

the living area i.e. sofa + tv will occupy half of it, the other half will be an activity area e.g. mahjong table or for me to do some DIY projects :(

longish living room abit tough to get the layout rite..

saw a resale 4rm with longish living room...

living room runs from North to south, splitting the house into 2 (west side is 1 bedrm + kitchen while east side is living room)... the other 2 bed rm at the north... so layout planning is abit wierd for this resale.. so thus also not sure if to get it or not

hmm, how long exactly are we talking about?

it's rather normal for the living room to be long so that there's more space for the family to gather

i merged my balcony with my living room so it's about 9m long from door to wall

like i mentioned before, half of it will be the entertainment area whereas the other half can be used for dining, mahjong or even cosy corner

just have to get the necessary furniture e.g. pool table or platform or mahjong table :jawdrop:

Hi guys,

Long living room...

Anyone of you have any pics for rotatable TV console between the dinning area and the living area?

Wah Poison wor :deal:

My advice for house owners who have a very longish living room, let's say from the main door all the way to the balcony is a long flat wall right

1. You can paint one type of colour, depending on yourself & also depend on your theme of your flat.

Note: Avoid using Bright Red colour / dark colours. Dark colours will make your whole house look even such smaller / more compressed. Bright Red colour will make you feel more angry if you've a lousy day.

2. From the moment you stepped thru the main door, you can also hang maybe 2 - 3 huge portraits that doesn't contrast the colour of the wall too heavily / too extremely.

3. And to enhance the height of your living room as stated if you've narrow / longish living room, I would recommend you to do either L-Box or L-Box with Light Holder to make your living room look visually higher.

4. You can also make use of mirrors on both side of the living room or even certain sections of the dining area to enhance the natural lightning in the house.

Like what I'll always say to each & everyone out there: "Design is all about Aesthetics & Practicality. Do something that is worth each & every single penny that you're going to spend. Do what is necessary."

Edited by joe_ling