Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hkching

Finally... A Place In The East

Hi all. After much lurking in this forum, I've decided to start my own T-blog to share my experience with my new purchase and renovation.

Me and my wifey have been staying in Sengkang for the last 7 yrs. Last month, we finally managed to secure our new place in the East. To be near to my siblings and parents, who are all staying in Tampines. Also Sort of fulfilling our dream of owning a condo. The condo will only be TOP in Aug/Sept. But we are so excited that most of the planning has been done.

First thing first, the floorplan. It's a 3 bedroom unit.

FloorPlanwithCaption.jpg

Edited by hkching

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

As for reno, I don't think we will be doing a lot. But we are afraid that there's not much storage space. So we need to construct a cabinet. Currently we stay in a EA, so got lots of rubbish to move. :)

We are thinking of 2 ways to do the cabinet.

Option 1 [May have more space for shoe cabinet]

CasaMerahWithFurnitureOption1.jpg

Or Option 2

CasaMerahWithFurnitureOption2.jpg

Any preference from you guys/gals?

Edited by hkching

See the little extension at the master bedroom? It's to solve a little problem. I have a kid who is 3 yrs old now and he enjoy sleeping with us. So we were thinking about how to incorporate that into our little master bedroom.

As I've already bought my platform bedframe (the one with side storage u can find at St Louis), i told my ID to construct a mini platform (made up of 2 smaller pieces) to extend the existing platform bedframe. I will then throw a mattress on top so he can sleep with us. When he grow older, the platform will be move into his room to act as his platform bed.

I requested for it to be made up of 2 smaller pieces cos if we dun want it as a platform bed, maybe can use it as 2 side tables, or stack together to become a coffee table :) Also easier to keep when not using.

congrats!!!!!Lots of infomation here!!gather them!haha :P

Ya.. after reading for 1 month, I know about Uncle Soon and Yeak and Blum System, etc...

Think I also finish reading all reno t-Blogs.. :)

omg kow tow to u if u finish reading! esp the rants on my blog. but its informative. if i had more time i will sit and plan to the very last detail. :D welcome and i prefer option 1, would rather move shoe cabinet to someplace else.

For ID, I will most probably be using *mage Creat***. They did my current place for me 7 years ago, and I've developed a great friendship with the ID.

Throughout the 7 yrs, he always help me when i need new grills, windows, repair walls, etc.. So I guess it naturally for me to look for them soon. But I did warn him if his price is high, I will still switch. Nowadays prices so transparent, he can't hide.

I've sent him couple of links to reno t-blogs here to tell him the minimum standard required. :) Also to give him resources and ideas..

Edited by hkching

omg kow tow to u if u finish reading! esp the rants on my blog. but its informative. if i had more time i will sit and plan to the very last detail. :D welcome and i prefer option 1, would rather move shoe cabinet to someplace else.

Any suggestions where to put the shoe cabinet? I wanted to make use of the jagged space at the dining table wall. But afraid that it may be too small.

Went to Decorette Store and asked for a customised decal. Amanda was extremely helpful and managed to draft this out for me. I intend to put it up at one of the empty wall in the dining area. Intended to paint the wall dark brown and the impact wall.

YNWASnellRoundhand.jpg

As you can see, I'm a Liverpool fanatic... :notti:

Edited by hkching

Went to Decorette Store and asked for a customised decal. Amanda was extremely helpful and managed to draft this out for me. I intend to put it up at one of the empty wall in the dining area. Intended to paint the background dark brown.

YNWASnellRoundhand.jpg

As you can see, I'm a Liverpool fanatic... :notti:

me too!!!!how much i get it for??!!!!

I was quoted about $60 including shipping. Dimension is 56cm wide x 87cm high

hmm...worth to consider...must see where to fit in my house liao...hehehehe:P

Ya.. after reading for 1 month, I know about Uncle Soon and Yeak and Blum System, etc...

Think I also finish reading all reno t-Blogs.. :)

congrats on getting your new house.

you must be very well versed in speed reading in order to finish reading all the posts, i am having problems keeping up with all the updates...

btw, i am also a lfc fan....you will never walk alone.... :D

Edited by joseeng