Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hkching

Finally... A Place In The East

Wah its interesting how it can be stacked up like this! But you won't be stacking up very often right? So I guess it would not be a cause of concern. Can you also pm me the price? Many thanks =)

I guess will stack up when it rains... Anyway I feel that the "egg" shape one is more comfy :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Think got a few branches... United Square (near Novena Square) and Katong Mall...

Checked around and found that their prices are reasonable...

Hi,

Heard from a fren too - prices are very reasonable.

She advises us to look around for desirable models at larger stores such as *est *enki, then get them from the Mega store at Katong Mall.

She has saved about $13K if I remembered correctly - for the appliances bought for her new place!

I thought it is a good deal!

Hi,

Heard from a fren too - prices are very reasonable.

She advises us to look around for desirable models at larger stores such as *est *enki, then get them from the Mega store at Katong Mall.

She has saved about $13K if I remembered correctly - for the appliances bought for her new place!

I thought it is a good deal!

Yup.. I saved $800 off my fridge, $150 off my washing machine.. TV not sure cos I never keep track of the original price... :)

So shop around... it will be worth the effort...

The bed in his room is super single. It is custom made to sit on the baywindow with cabinets at the bottom. The room is really small, so no choice have to find ways to save space..

Basically 40% of the width of the bed is on the baywindow, the other 60% is on a custom built structures that holds the cabinet below.

I should be able to share some pics next week. Carpentry will be starting on Monday. :)

Hi HKching

Congrats on finally getting your key to the new condo :)

Just wondering if you are installing window grilles since your son's bed will be built onto the bay window. Probably would b good to install.

How much did your total estimate worked out to be? I completed my reno for new condo 2 months ago for a 3 bedrm also but just did minimal and reno alone costs about $15k and another $16k on furniture, lights, curtains, electronics and plants.

Hope it can be ready soon and you can move in quickly :) look forward to seeing more pics.

Hi HKching

Congrats on finally getting your key to the new condo :)

Just wondering if you are installing window grilles since your son's bed will be built onto the bay window. Probably would b good to install.

How much did your total estimate worked out to be? I completed my reno for new condo 2 months ago for a 3 bedrm also but just did minimal and reno alone costs about $15k and another $16k on furniture, lights, curtains, electronics and plants.

Hope it can be ready soon and you can move in quickly :) look forward to seeing more pics.

Yup... have to do grilles for the room. Actually, the windows comes with a built in safety feature. You cannot open the window fully until you release a catch and push all the way at the same time. Kids don't have the strength to do it. But doing grilles anyway cos will open the windows fully most of the time as it is windy.

Reno part is around 25K cos doing lots of carpentry, chengal decking and wallpapering. Additional furniture, curtains, lightings and electronics abt 13K.

Hopefully can move by next weekend. Most of the reno will be completed this week. Wait until neck long long already...

Edited by hkching

Hi hkching, what do you intend to do to your windows at your toilet? I recall from the photos that it seems very open!

Hi hkching, what do you intend to do to your windows at your toilet? I recall from the photos that it seems very open!

Doing venetian blinds... Didn't want to frost it cos I still would like some light into the bathroom.

Similar to this...

dark.jpg

But going to frost the window next to the toilet bowl... no choice for that one..

Dunno why they do the toilet until so open... the whole architecting team must be all guys...

Doing venetian blinds... Didn't want to frost it cos I still would like some light into the bathroom.

Similar to this...

dark.jpg

But going to frost the window next to the toilet bowl... no choice for that one..

Dunno why they do the toilet until so open... the whole architecting team must be all guys...

HAHAHA.... hkching you are so funny :D

Some updates on the carpentry...

This is the custom made bed that sits on the baywindow. Bottom of the bed will be cabinets. Think it will be a mini toys'r'us there..

IMG_2116.jpg

A study table will be attached to the bed.

IMG_2125.jpg

LET THERE BE LIGHTS !!

Lightings are up today. Here are some shots.

Living and dining area. Combination of downlights and cove lightings

IMG_2134.jpg

Master Bedroom cove lightings..

IMG_2136.jpg

Fancy lights (still in bag) at Walk-in-Wardrobe area..

IMG_2138.jpg

Here's the Blum Aventos HL. The workers looked at it like their worst nightmare..

Like a jigsaw puzzle that no one know how to fix.

IMG_2140.jpg

Edited by hkching

Phase 1 of my reno has been completed. All the carpentry are up and washing is done.

Here are some photos to share..

Cabinet in the dining area...

IMG_2145.jpg

Opened with Aventos HL

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

Living Room TV console with Feature Wall

IMG_2151.jpg

My son's room. This is his bed built on the bay window.

IMG_2153.jpg

His bed with cabinet below... Little monster included..

IMG_2154.jpg

Feature wall in master bedroom....

IMG_2156.jpg

That's all for now...

Next week will be :

1. Chengal Decking

2. Wallpaper

3. Grilles

4. Curtains and Blinds...

5. Delivery of furnitures and electronics

Then will be moving in time... can't wait....

Wow no wonder total reno cost so high cos you are doing so many carpentry. I only did minimal carpentry in my place. The pics look good so far:) lots of storage space!