Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tigertgr

Ready, Steady, Go! (pasir Ris Ea)

Hi all...after being a lurker soaking up all the useful information here... its time to " pay it forward " ... with our second appointment just done today... the reno will commence right off tomolo... :D

This forum have been a godsend to us ... as both me and wifey is working fulls days.. and with our little one screaming to come into the world soonish.. we have hardly any time to run around checking out id and contractors... the amount of knowledge that we gather and not to mention the time safe is priceless...

With that said.. i would like to thank some of the very helpful folks here.. with answering my pm and being so patient with me... a big thank you to Supersimon, amrasenelya, rasp, coffee o, pinklady and finally adrain john.. thanks peeps! :D

Its being a pretty long wait , we OTP back in sept 09, 1st appointment on 31st Dec 09 and finally 2nd appointment today. Initally we wanted simei, but due the fact that the COV asked in that area is really high... we decided to check out pasir ris (tampines is out as we need to be as close to the MRT as possible.. and the amount of human traffic there is really high..thus.. passed) We stumble upon this unit on the 3nd viewing and like it right off.. :D and the rest is history..

Being one that really like T-Blog with lots of pics.. i will try my best to be as PIC heavy as possible.. Without further ado....

OUR LAYOUT

10-07510580-001.jpg

I belive that its the same as butterfingers ... (yes.. i stalk ur blog too :P)

Edited by tigertgr

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

IMG_7343.jpg

the Main Entrance .. we will be leveling the flooring to match the rest of the house.

IMG_7340.jpg

Shot of the living room .. from the study area side..

IMG_7326.jpg

Shot from the living room side... looking into the dinning and kitchen area... the current kitchen will be hack off to create a bigger living space...

IMG_7328.jpg

Shot from the same side as above.. with the entrance of the MBR seen..

IMG_7330.jpg

Shot from the living room. looking that the study area.. and kid's bedroom on the left side and parents room on the left.

IMG_7347.jpg

Shot from the dining area.. the kitchen on the left side will be demolish, pushing the kitchen further in.. (we dont really cook much)

IMG_7348.jpg

After everything done.. the kitchen will be half the size.. LOL..

IMG_7349.jpg

Shot from the kitchen.. overlooking the dining area..

IMG_7322.jpg

The MBR

IMG_7323.jpg

The kid(s) bedroom

OUR LAYOUT

10-07510580-001.jpg

I belive that its the same as butterfingers ... (yes.. i stalk ur blog too :P)

hey tigertgr..

stalk away man.. congrats on ur new place !!

ur layout much better cos hv windows at area between bedroom 2 n bedroom 3... more natural light n breeze.. which block is this?

good luck in ur reno.. :D

IMG_7324.jpg

My parents room..

Thats all the photo b4 the demo job tomolo.. i will try and get more photos up every weekly.. (the only time i am free to check out the reno job is the weekends..)

stalk away man.. congrats on ur new place !!

ur layout much better cos hv windows at area between bedroom 2 n bedroom 3... more natural light n breeze.. which block is this?

good luck in ur reno.. :D

Thanks butterz.. :D its at block 580

wow.. another EA owner in Pasir Ris... wish you a smooth reno journey! (hope I will have one too lol)

thanks madcat.. yea.. every1 smooth smooth.. :D

Edited by tigertgr

wah... blk 580 is expensive ya.. but is quite near mrt so convenient lah... :P

lol.. no choice... we got to have a unit as close to the MRT as possible... due to the fact that mom's still working.. don't want to trouble her too much..

wah... blk 580 is expensive ya.. but is quite near mrt so convenient lah... :P

hehe...580 can fetch high COV leh.... I think i have viewed EA near there also... but wife does not like the balcony location...

lol.. no choice... we got to have a unit as close to the MRT as possible... due to the fact that mom's still working.. don't want to trouble her too much..

Hi tigertgr,

welcome to reno t-blog :). Believe it or not, I think i have viewed this unit when I was looking for my house. It has a partial seaview (though a very small one) if I am not wrong. I think the owner was asking for quite a lot so I did not make an offer.

hehe...580 can fetch high COV leh.... I think i have viewed EA near there also... but wife does not like the balcony location...

lol.. the funny thing is that after the morale crushing viewing from simei.. pasir ris area seems more sane cov to us.. i have 1 case in simei.. the agent told me b4 i even go view the flat... i quote " sorry to say this.. if you are offering anything less than 50k.. i think the owner would not want to let you view" lololol.. me and wifey had a good laugh at that.. And to put it out there...we settle this place for 25k COV. What attached us to put in a bid is the fact its all squarish . corner unit , high floor and lastly its have a big living/dinner area (after you knock off the original study room) . we tot why not put in a bid , if its ours it will be ours.. of cos the owners are asking for a much higher COV then.. we were surpised they meet our bid to be honest..

Hi tigertgr,

welcome to reno t-blog :). Believe it or not, I think i have viewed this unit when I was looking for my house. It has a partial seaview (though a very small one) if I am not wrong. I think the owner was asking for quite a lot so I did not make an offer.

Frankly i wouldnt be surprise... as i believe that this owner had started marketing this unit since july 09 ... and till sept he have not sold it.. And ye! the funny thing is the "seaview" advert .. in my mind i was kinda expecting though proper seaview kinda thing.. but... u gotta really stand in the CENTER of the living room to see the sea.. lol.. Well.. things we learn during house hunting i guess.. :P

Edited by tigertgr

lol.. the funny thing is that after the morale crushing viewing from simei.. pasir ris area seems more sane cov to us.. i have 1 case in simei.. the agent told me b4 i even go view the flat... i quote " sorry to say this.. if you are offering anything less than 50k.. i think the owner would not want to let you view" lololol.. me and wifey had a good laugh at that

:P

Hope the simei hdb wasn't my place. lol..

na...i dont think so.. this was back in aug/sept 09 :)

lol.. haven't list yet that time.. problem with Simei is there is a group of ppl bought very high during the 97/98.. current valuations still much lesser then the average sellling price then...