Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ansmania

Waterproof Laminate Flooring?

Hi everyone,

May I ask if any of you knows of a decent "waterproof" laminate flooring? I am hoping to use it for my kitchen.

Much thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi everyone,

May I ask if any of you knows of a decent "waterproof" laminate flooring? I am hoping to use it for my kitchen.

Much thanks!

allure, waterproof by evorich. Go check them out!! I am using it for my new house too

Hi Ansmania,

As far as I know laminate flooring will always absorb water (warpage is quite high). It is easy to get bubbles and crumbles, because of the core is particle board. And usually the manufacturer recommend not to install them in the room with high moisture such as bathroom and kitchen.

Are you going to change your kitchen floor?

There are many other options of flooring that give you a warm and natural ambient (teak, parquet, wood composite, bamboo flooring)

20110420151830.th.jpg

greenfielddr1.th.jpg

Hmmmm.. How abt the vinyl (rubber) lookalike laminates? Are those waterproof enough for the kitchen?

I really hope to get a woody looky kitchen.. =0)

If you a big fan of woody kitchen, why not using the real wood instead of material look like wood?

There are many options now in the market, have you seen bamboo flooring finishing? the finishing looks like wood (there are 8 different color), and the quality is much better than wood after treatment (low moisture content, harder and more durable), some of the features you can see below;

greenfielddrive.th.jpg

greenfielddr1.th.jpg

privatehouse1.th.jpg

Cheers,

agree with nimm12,

So many wood products in the market that already been improved to be more durable and stronger. Vacuum and Wipe the clear oil onto the surface, you can erase almost all the scratch (for bamboo flooring),

Hmmmm.. How abt the vinyl (rubber) lookalike laminates? Are those waterproof enough for the kitchen?

I really hope to get a woody looky kitchen.. =0)

Yup, allure are those vinyl type, so rubber is waterproof and they look very much like real wood with texture on it. But just on thing, if water manage to get under the laminate maybe there will be smell if it does not dry up

:)

Yup, allure are those vinyl type, so rubber is waterproof and they look very much like real wood with texture on it. But just on thing, if water manage to get under the laminate maybe there will be smell if it does not dry up

:)

there are tiles that look like wood as well. :)

yup, but the texture?? So far have not seen any tiles that have texture on it

no idea...haha... have seen the pictures in magazines and tblogs only.

saw it in Long John Silver restaurants but i did not take off my shoe to try. :)

in renovation, cannot have everything la....all got their pros and cons.

I am planning to do Allure high resilient flooring too, can someone share with me what is the estimated cost per square feet? I am limited budget and this kind of flooring probably is higher than laminate.

Can any kind soul please advise ma asap as I need to decide pretty quickly.

Millions Thanks!