Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aSteRuS

I Lurve My Place!

08.08.2014 8.45am - I attended my first appointment with HDB on my own; no seller agent, no buyer agent, no seller. Feels awfully happy that I am finally owning a property on my own! :good:

03.10.2014 - looking forward to my 2nd appointment and keys collection @ law firm.

Cheers,

aSteRuS

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Songz,

Yes, I saved a bit there but it came with a lot of headaches for not engaging buyer's agent.

Had to go through a lot of heartaches (such as seller's agents refusing to follow up with me when they learnt I'm on my own or chancing upon unit that I like and advertised by agent who is not the appointed seller's agent etc etc) before I found this unit. Thank God I met this unit's seller agent. A very nice chap who happens to be staying in the same area for the past 30 years, same as me.

My unit is at Jurong West St 52, 3A flat. Will upload the floor plan and before-reno pictures shortly.

By the way, I'm really glad to chance upon this forum as I was wondering what to do with the marble flooring in my living room and terrazzo flooring in both my bedrooms. So glad I managed to pick up a tip or two on how to salvage these flooring ... ... another saving there! :good:

08.08.2014 8.45am - I attended my first appointment with HDB on my own; no seller agent, no buyer agent, no seller. Feels awfully happy that I am finally owning a property on my own! :good:

03.10.2014 - looking forward to my 2nd appointment and keys collection @ law firm.

Cheers,

aSteRuS

eh...no seller agent also can?

I got my flat also without buyer agent leh. I had a very 'talkative' sister who help me call seller agents though. Most agents thought my sister representing me. LOL

Congrats on getting your own place!

My unit is at Jurong West St 52, 3A flat. Will upload the floor plan and before-reno pictures shortly.

By the way, I'm really glad to chance upon this forum as I was wondering what to do with the marble flooring in my living room and terrazzo flooring in both my bedrooms. So glad I managed to pick up a tip or two on how to salvage these flooring ... ... another saving there! :good:

Marble polish liao will be very shiny and nice :D Provided you like the marble though.....

Hi Koori,

Congrats on getting your own flat too!

Oh, there is a seller's agent but he is not required to attend the first appointment with me la :dunno: .

Without an agent, buying a HDB resale flat is do-able but just that needs to do up a lot of homework. I like the marble flooring. My MBR and common room flooring are terrazzo flooring though. Wonder if anyone has any lobangs on polishing?

Cheers,

aSteRus

3 October 2014

The day I collected the keys to my bachelorette pad. :good: Feeling excited to be getting my own place but at the same time feel helpless towards the entire renovation process. Believe me, I seriously don't know what needs to be done during a renovation process but I'm really lucky to chance upon renotalk forum and got many valuable tips from the contributors here!

So here I am, playing my part to contribute to the forum.

My floor plan:

10 94@640510

Edited by aSteRuS

4th October 2014 - purchased state of my flat

Except for the antique marble flooring in the living room and the terrazzo flooring in the two bedrooms, the rest just needs to go ... :no:

gallery_63194_596_47581.jpg

gallery_63194_596_42132.jpg

gallery_63194_596_7748.jpg

gallery_63194_596_57379.jpg

gallery_63194_596_15004.jpg

gallery_63194_596_3036.jpg

Stay tune for more updates! ...

Edited by aSteRuS

Sorry, I haven't been updating my blog for quite a while ... but, the best thing is the renovation already completed and I have shifted in just before CNY. :) Sharing with all some of the pictures of my new kitchen, toilets and the newly polished marble flooring ... :thumbs up:

IMG 1957

IMG 1910

IMG 1908

IMG 1909

IMG 1957

Edited by aSteRuS