Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kwanie

Finally, We Got Our House At Redhill!

After trying in multiple WIS & balloting exercises, we finally got our dream home in Blk 75C Redhill! :dancingqueen: By a stroke of luck, we got queue no. 66 in the August WIS, & managed to select the last new unit (actually not so new, tink pple already moved in 1 year ago :lol: ) in Redhill. Now we're waiting for the keys, 1 month plus already, still no news from HDB. 8|

We've selected ***** as our ID company, as we felt most comfortable talking to their ID Dylan. We met up last sat & he showed us the preliminary 3D drawings. For the most part, we're quite satisfied with the drawings, some details to change though.

Here are the 3D pics:

1st to start with, the floor plan:

FloorPlan0.jpg

Foyer & kitchen door:

FoyerkitchendoorA.jpg

Need to make the shoe cabinet bigger, a woman can never have too many pairs of shoes! :unsure:

Kitchen:

KitchenA_edited.jpg

Dining area & PC desk:

DiningareaPCdeskA_edited.jpg

That bar counter lookalike is actually the proposed PC desk for my FH & my PCs. Need to make some changes to it: a "ledge" to put the CPUs & printer, need to find a way to hide the wires, & also to change the colour. We are not so fond of the colour red. :bangwall:

Living room & Bomb shelter feature wall:

LivingroomA_edited.jpg

I'm considering asking Dylan to add in the sofa(s) in the next 3D drawings. The living room looks weird & empty without the sofa(s). Also need to ask him to add in the balcony, he forgot to draw it in. 8| We've decided to make it a cosy area: the flooring will be parquet & we will throw some beanbags there.

MBR:

MBRA_edited.jpg

Instead of curtains, white panels are used to cover the windows (at the left). We chose a white laminate with flowery patterns. Hope it turns out nice. :notti:

WIW door:

WIWdoorA_edited.jpg

Extra cabinets at the right to keep more barang barang. :P

MBR toilet: :dunno:

MBRtoiletA.jpg

The toilet will not be exactly like in the pic, there would be no wood strips on the floor.

Bro's room:

Brosroom0_edited.jpg

My younger bro's room, I actually like this room the best. :(

Still pending the 3D drawings for my mum's room. It'll be simple with just a bed & a built-in wardrobe.

Edited by kwanie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi kwanie, congrat on your dream home. Nice layout & location btw.

Very nice perspective drawings...

Thx lifestyle! :bow:

More updates: Met up with Dylan yesterday where he showed us the parquet samples. He recommended Burmese parquet as we wanted a darker colour for the parquet & apparently Burmese parquet darkens as it ages. He also arranged for the curtain guy to come down (a guy named Frankie from Shop 8). We chose velvet material for the living room curtains, & "black-out" material (not very sure what the material is called) for the curtains in the 2 bedrooms. There'll be a roman blind to cover up the aircon ledge window in the MBR. Now den I know how expensive curtains are, burst my budget. :~

After that, we went down to Balestier with Dylan & his 2 colleagues to choose the tiles. Tink we chose the tiles in record time - we were in & out of the shop within 20 min as we mostly accepted what Dylan proposed. Beige homogeneous tiles for the living room, grey tiles (rough surface with a bit of 3D design) for the foyer & kitchen, white & black tiles for the 2 toilets, with designs on some of the black tiles to be laid on part of the wall.

Finally, Dylan brought us to get some accessories like sinks, taps, hob+hood etc. The shop name is Kleen Lights & Bath near Jalan Besar. Pics of some of the stuff which we bought:

Teka Hood:

TekaHood.jpg

It's a retractable one, can "hide" it when we are not using it - Dylan's idea :notti:

Fujioh Hob:

FG773LFUJIOHHOB.gif

Fell in luv on the spot with the black tempered glass~ :D

Turbo Oven:

T1635SSTURBOOven.jpg

Dylan's eyes nearly popped out when we said we won't be using much of the oven, so dun need such a good one - it'll juz be a very expensive piece of "decoration" for the kitchen. Hehe... :notti:

Kitchen Sink:

KitchenSink.jpg

We originally wanted to get a granite sink cos the ones we saw were so pretty! Got different colours somemore. :bleah: But according to the salesperson at the shop, granite's not so resilient. Apparently her granite sink cracked after she dropped a cup in it. :bow: So we got a stainless steel sink instead.

MBR Toilet Sink:

MBRToiletSink.jpg

Common Toilet Sink:

CommonToiletSink.jpg

Taps for both bathrooms:

Fonte_Square_Basin_Mixer.jpg

Chosen by my FH, he liked the solid design & feel of the taps.

Edited by kwanie

welcome to renotalk and congratulations on getting your dream home

me using granite sink at home, not fragile at all

can dump my stainless steel wok in the sink :bow::D

can dump my stainless steel wok in the sink :bow::D

Hihi kwanie,

Your designs are very nice.. I also engaging ***** for my house, but different ID.. We also still waiting for our keys, but I think you will get earlier than us..

What is granite sink?? Those matt matt colour ones??

Me just signed up with ***** today but with different ID. Viewed one of their showflat, impressed by their workmanship

I'll be going shopping with my ID for toilet and kitchen stuff soon. May i know how is the price of those stuff you got from the shops your ID recommended ? Worried more expensive compared to other places.

can dump my stainless steel wok in the sink :dancingqueen::dribble:

Thx applefreak! The cat's reallie cute! Is it yours? Reminds me of "puss in boots" in the Shrek movie. Hehe...

Good to hear that your granite sink can tahan even the stainless steel wok. :dancingqueen:

Edited by kwanie

Hihi kwanie,

Your designs are very nice.. I also engaging ***** for my house, but different ID.. We also still waiting for our keys, but I think you will get earlier than us..

What is granite sink?? Those matt matt colour ones??

Thx binzz! Hopefully we'll get our keys soon, need to call HDB to bug them. :dancingqueen:

Here's a pic of a granite sink, they come in colours such as black, grey, blue etc...

granitesink.jpg

Me just signed up with ***** today but with different ID. Viewed one of their showflat, impressed by their workmanship

I'll be going shopping with my ID for toilet and kitchen stuff soon. May i know how is the price of those stuff you got from the shops your ID recommended ? Worried more expensive compared to other places.

Cool! A fellow "Orangecuber". :dancingqueen: Which ID did you sign up wif? We also viewed one of their showflats near our future house & were pretty impressed by their designs & workmanship. :dribble:

We spent nearly 3 hours at the shop choosing the accessories. So many things to choose, choose until my eyes blur... :dancingqueen: The 2 salesgirls were reallie friendly & helpful. It's our 1st time shopping for accessories so we had many questions, but they answered all our questions patiently. Pricewise, my FH & me browsed through some other shops previously,but din reallie take notice of the exact prices & models, so I'm not so sure whether the price in that shop is good or not. The prices for the items in the shop vary quite a bit, some are very cheap, some are expensive. It depends on what you want; price, quality, brand etc... In total, we spent about 3k buying about 20 items (all the accessories which we need including storage heater, mirror, towel racks, corner shelves for shampoos & stuff, toilet roll holders etc etc).

Thx applefreak! The cat's reallie cute! Is it yours? Reminds me of "puss in boots" in the Shrek movie. Hehe...

Good to hear that your granite sink can tahan even the stainless steel wok. :dancingqueen:

thanks for your compliments

she is my girl, posing as a scottish fold :dribble:

maybe the salesgirl is talking about porcelain sink instead

coz the problem with granite sink is you can't drop things inside coz the things will break e.g. glasses, ceramic bowls etc

also, you want to take note that those available in singapore are ALL composite sinks i.e. a mixture of granite with other material

so far never come across a sink made of purely granite

better get those at least 80% granite content ones :dancingqueen:

thanks for your compliments

she is my girl, posing as a scottish fold !!

maybe the salesgirl is talking about porcelain sink instead

coz the problem with granite sink is you can't drop things inside coz the things will break e.g. glasses, ceramic bowls etc

also, you want to take note that those available in singapore are ALL composite sinks i.e. a mixture of granite with other material

so far never come across a sink made of purely granite

better get those at least 80% granite content ones :bangwall:

Wow applefreak, u sound like an expert! :jawdrop: Stainless steel also not bad la, can feel free to abuse it. !!

Hi Kwanie,

Hows your renovation going on?? Any updates??? :dunno:

Hi binzz, we juz got our keys from HDB today (after like countless phone calls to pester them,hehe...). :notti: My FH & me will meet Dylan at our new house tmr to check for defects & to do some measurements. Tink we will also make a visit down to the HDB branch office tmr to apply for the cement screeding for the 3 bedrooms. Hope we can start the reno soon! :(