Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kwanie

Finally, We Got Our House At Redhill!

Hopefully wun turn out too different, cross my fingers. :bow:

Went to Furniture Mall todae to get some furniture. Pockets veri much lighter now. :~

We bought a dining table, sofa, coffee table & 2 beds (1 queen size for my mummy & super single for my bro). Here are the pics (no pics for the beds):

Very totful but errrr...what about urself? or u intend to join the 2 beds together for 1 big one when they not around? !!

think can go for king sized bed for urself. we also got from sin hup furniture at furniture mall at beach road. For me i can sleep anywhere but FW need firm bed cos of back issue so in the end burn a big hole for bed...ooh ah heart pain pain :P

We also had a hard time thinking about the layout in the MBR, in the end managed to get it alright after measuring here and there for many days.

Think u can also make a trip to Sungei Kadut and ubi ave where there are also many furniture shops !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Very totful but errrr...what about urself? or u intend to join the 2 beds together for 1 big one when they not around? :dunno:

think can go for king sized bed for urself. we also got from sin hup furniture at furniture mall at beach road. For me i can sleep anywhere but FW need firm bed cos of back issue so in the end burn a big hole for bed...ooh ah heart pain pain :good:

We also had a hard time thinking about the layout in the MBR, in the end managed to get it alright after measuring here and there for many days.

Think u can also make a trip to Sungei Kadut and ubi ave where there are also many furniture shops :notti:

LOL! Ur idea's not bad, can save $$. Hehe~ No la, we're not planning to zz on the floor. We actually bought a king-sized mattress (Simmons Symphony) from Robinsons 2 weeks ago. For me, I can also zz anywhere: on the MRT, bus, plane, sofa, chair... can zz both lying down & sitting, haven't mastered the art of zzing standing up though. Shall work on that. :good: I tend to move quite a bit when I zz (sometimes when I wake up, I realise that I had kicked my pillows & bolster to the floor, or my bolster became my pillow & vice versa), so we decided to get a Simmons mattress for my FH's sake. We are not planning to get a bed since there will be a platform in the MBR, so we will juz place the mattress on the floor. Dylan will ask his contractors to construct a bedframe & 2 side-tables for us.

We also had a hard time deciding the layout for the MBR, dunno how to position the bed. :jawdrop: But after viewing an unit done up by Dylan at one of the nearby blocks, we decided to follow their layout (including the WIW). :)

Edited by kwanie

OOPS!:notti: Realised that it was a big misunderstanding. Dylan called my FH juz now. Apparently the tiler called him & told him that the HDB contractors turned up to do the cement screeding yesterday, but he asked them to postpone the screeding to another day as they were laying the tiles in the living room. :dunno: We had to postpone our aircon installation date to 21 Nov instead of 14 Nov. Luckily the Gain City salesman, Andy, was nice enough to accede to our request on such short notice. The tiler will liase directly with the HDB contractors & call them up for the screeding once the tiling is done. Hope everything goes well this time... :jawdrop:

This Ms. Ng Chun Lian who is the TO of our area, very nice lady, very prompt with all my nitty , gritty requests and helpful. 62486432 is her number dun know if u toking to the same person.

This Ms. Ng Chun Lian who is the TO of our area, very nice lady, very prompt with all my nitty , gritty requests and helpful. 62486432 is her number dun know if u toking to the same person.

Hi Relacker, the TO we've been liasing with is Miss Lee, the phone number is the same though. She sounds nice, juz that she's veri hard to get hold of.

Hi Relacker, the TO we've been liasing with is Miss Lee, the phone number is the same though. She sounds nice, juz that she's veri hard to get hold of.

yes it's lee chun lian. :D

yes it's lee chun lian. :P

Hehe, den we should be toking about the same person.

We'll be going down to Jalan Besar to walk walk tmr, still need to get toilet bowls & rain shower sets. We've been to the shops in IMM, but couldn't find anything we fancied, hope we'll have better luck in Jalan Besar!

Kwanie, do u know how ur ID will fix the shelf on the mirror? It's quite useful actually..

From my understanding, they will drill holes in the mirror & then mount the wooden panels on it. One word of caution from Dylan, the panels cannot take too much weight else the mirror will crack.

From my understanding, they will drill holes in the mirror & then mount the wooden panels on it. One word of caution from Dylan, the panels cannot take too much weight else the mirror will crack.

I intend to put those facial stuff like moisturisers, body lotion..so shudl be ok kua..

I intend to put those facial stuff like moisturisers, body lotion..so shudl be ok kua..

Shld be okie ba, unless ur stuff comes in those extra big bottles. :thumbs up:

We went down to the house to take a look yesterday. The homogeneous tiles in the living room were pretty much finished & 2 workers were working on the toilet wall tiles. Pics:

Bomb shelter homogeneous tiles

Bombshelter.jpg

Homogeneous tiles in Living Room

Homotiles.jpg

Nicely done false ceiling (semi-circle part done up real nice!) :good:

Falseceiling.jpg

Kitchen tile

Kitchenfoyertiles.jpg

Scary-looking MBR toilet :unsure:

MBRtoiletb4reno.jpg

Toilet wall tiles

Toiletwalltiles.jpg

Toilet wall tiles (close-up of white tile)

Toiletwalltileswhite.jpg

Toilet wall tiles (close-up of black tile)

Toiletwalltilesblack.jpg

Edited by kwanie

the black tiles, i like :) !!

can be used on the floor or not?

Er.. actually I'm not veri sure whether or not they can be used on the floor. The patterns on the tiles are 3D, so should be quite uncomfortable to step/sit on. But if u are reallie interested, I can help ask my ID whether or not they can be used on the floor. :(

dylan is a nice ID..i met dylan before,hehe. he is one of the nicest ID i have met

Yupz, he's nice, tat's one of the reasons why we signed up wif him. Plus we've seen his work b4, & were satisfied wif it.

Which ID did u choose in the end? Tink u din mention it in ur blog. If u find it uncomfortable to post it here, u can pm me. :D

hehehe just a thought

coz it's textured so no need to worry fall down in the bathroom :)

but like you said it'll be quite uncomfortable to step on it

btw, the MBR bath looks really scary :D