Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adah

My 5i Hut In Yishun

Welcome to my blog on the process of making our resale flat to our dream house (I tell you, it ain't easy) :bangwall: ..

It has been months now since we hunt down for IDs and Contractors. Started since Nov 09 last year than we stop for a while as no rush for us to move out from our parent's place. So we took our own sweet sweet time. Till this year when my sister paid her option fees, we both are hunting down for reno contractor like mad dogs...

Till date, I think I have emailed my plans to more than 10 IDs and 5 contractors and met about 8 IDs and 2 contractors.

I was so so so tired of repeating our requirements to all of them that I had used my drafting skills to full use.

Here are what I emailed to most of the IDs and contractors:

Layout Plan

760155actual.jpg

Furniture Layout Plan

Blk155FurnitureLayoutPlan.jpg

Ceiling Layout Plan

Blk155ReflectedCeilingPlan.jpg

Floor Finishes Layout Plan

Blk155FloorFinishesPlan.jpg

In every email, I wrote this:

"Some additional information which you can incorporate in your design and for you to brainstorm how to design our place:

1. Bedrooms will be laminated floor. Living room homogeneous tiles and balcony will be rustic floor tiles.

2. There will be wall mount lcd tv in the master bedroom and 1 lcd tv in 2nd bed room opp master bedroom (not wall mount).

3. There will also be a wall mount plasma tv at the living room.

4. My hubby would luv to have a working ledge in the master bedroom for laptop use and bookshelf (top hung or full height depends on your design).

5. We would like to have graphic wall on top of our bed with concealed T5 fluo lighting as shown in the photo named: graphic wall for master bedroom.jpg

6. For the 2nd bedroom opp master bedroom, laminate finished will do for the wardrobe. I prefer white or calming colour for my parents.

7. For both master and the 2nd bed room, beds are of queen size.

8. For the 2nd bedroom, my mom luv reading books, thus please incorporate book shelf.

9. We would like to incorporate bookshelf/ desktop/ printer area for our children in the future at the living or dining area. (may need to cater for some space provision).

10. I would like to have one shelving rack for which I would like to incorporate in one of the FH (full height) kitchen cabinet.

11. My theme for this house would be contemporary."

So far, most of the IDs came back with about the same range of quote. These are the only few who actually attracted my attention due to the following reasons:

1) *** - Eric was a senior designer and when you talked to him, it gave u a sense of security. :)

2) Homely Image - Phoebe (designer) and Lena (admin cum sales person) was the only one who actually counter proposed my design and gave me proposals which I loikeeee. The best part, the price is very reasonable.

3) Ideal House ID - My hubby friend is currently using them (under Kenneth). Mine is Kevin (young chap, quite blur but oklah. He washed his own cup when he at my place...haha..funny :D ). Price is reasonable but need to check with him if all I want is in.

4) * - Jim. Quite prompt in giving quotation but after his company trip, he never follow up from me. Maybe enjoy liao lah. But after reading bad reviews from this forum here..It scare me a bit. Well price wise is cheap. A lot of freebies but it cost less than 3k...Wakakakaka....

Oklah...For now, this is a start...will continue to update. Next 2 weeks is a **** week again... :sport-smiley-003:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Welcome to RT, your layout almost identical to mine. Where is your location?

mine is at yishun...wer is yours?

welcome to RT blog . wow u must have make a lot of homework before sourcing for ID/contractor

yup yup...lots and lots of homework...also some recommendations from frens and family..

Hey, I Pm you on henry no. Can pm me. Thanks.

Nice house and Light...lol..

Edited by adah

yup yup...lots and lots of homework...also some recommendations from frens and family..

Hey, I Pm you on henry no. Can pm me. Thanks.

Nice house and Light...lol..

ha i tot u should have enough .... ha .... no problem ... reply yr mail le

Have you selected your ID or Contractor yet?

Hi eugela, been busy these few days with my son coughing and me too..

Nope. I haven't select yet but I had already asked them to final quote after they viewed my home this week.

Some things to do this weekend, to go and see tiles (buying my own save some cost...)

Btw here is my current flat...

The Living Room

SNC00392.jpg

The Master Bedroom

SNC00396.jpg

The Common Room (My parent's room to be)

SNC00400.jpg

The Kitchen *faint*

CIMG6577.jpg

Should be awarding by next week. Hopefully the revise quote is within my budget after removing those items that still can re-use.

Edited by adah

Things already completed last week is the tabulation of those shortlisted contractors.

Table used to negotiate with the respective contractors and ID.

Still pending a few revised quote thou.

Dis week went to Earth Stones and Soon Bee Huat to select tiles...Still have one more place to go...

Den will do some negotiation...Confirm ID...And hopefully by next week can start work.... :D

OK! FINALLY! Already signed with Kevin From IDEAL HOUSE!!!

Going to start soon! AM SO EXCITED!! :dancingqueen:

Here is an update of my past activities since last week.

- Went to our house for final inspection and inventory of things we want to keep and throw.

- Brought Kevin to Kian Wah Hung to final select the tiles last last Saturday. We changed the balcony tiles to something rustic

metallic. (I love it!)

- Met Kevin on Friday, 23rd April 2010 to finalise the 3D and choose laminate finishes.

- Electrical and water turn on on 24th April 2010. Kevin gave me the final tiles sample for me to choose for the balcony.

3D Layout (1st Draft) of My Home :rolleyes: :

Mom & Dad Room

bed_kevin_155yishun_a.jpg

Kitchen View 1

kit1_kevin_155yishun_a.jpg

Kitchen View 2

kit2_kevin_155yishun_a.jpg