Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tracy

Tracy's Home In The East

I just realize having a tblog can start from 1st appt. Nevertheless, let me share my story with you all.

Choosing a good flat was a real difficult job. With my Hubby and I working almost 7 days a week, we are exhausted by it. Luckily I have a super steady agent who did every single thing for me. Lessen down my worries.

Finally we chose a 5room corner mid floor unit. Cov was 30k and the condition is alright but I still wish to hack away everything and re-do. Yay!!!

After choosing, we thought that finally itsover. But now, comes the Reno part. We tried looking for few contractors and Id. But didn't like e idea of ID cos they talk to me like they aregoing to stay inside. I prefer some who give suggestionto my ideas rather than I giving suggestion to theirs.

Finally I settled down with Lina from home sweet home. Not the lowest quote but still reasonable. Since she did my mum and Sis place, I somehow have much confidence in her so as what my hubb say, paying little more and getting good service is worth it. I pray hard.

Today is the official commencement date. Just to let you guys know, I still deciding on MBR toilet tiles despite chasing from contractor. Hahaha. Anyway, going to give her an ans tmr morning cuz she can deliver it on wed.

My contractor at first keep suggest me to find direct if I have contacts. She say 1 or2 is alright she still can coordinate for me. But hubby reject the idea. Too troublesome.

My hubb and me are busy ppl, so I think definitely will delay the Reno work. We haven buy anything till now!!

Lina is helpful enough to keep on bringing samples late in night for us to choose, cuz we are only free in late night and the tiles shop are already closed.

So far so good, I still haven't check on the progress today. Too tired to go. Just hope that Lina wunt disappoint me.

Can someone teach me to upload photos here? I want to upload my floor plan.

Thanks in advance.

Wish everyone have a smooth reno journey!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats for the start of your reno.

From our reno experience so far, Lina is quite good. I agree that her quotation might not be the cheapest. However, it's a give and take process. She needs to earn her bread also.

If her quotation is very cheap but actually she (and/or her sub-contractors) cut corners in the reno process, who will lose out?

So far, her wor is quite good. Tomorrow the carpentry will come to install. I am crossing my fingers ....

Congrats for the start of your reno.

From our reno experience so far, Lina is quite good. I agree that her quotation might not be the cheapest. However, it's a give and take process. She needs to earn her bread also.

If her quotation is very cheap but actually she (and/or her sub-contractors) cut corners in the reno process, who will lose out?

So far, her wor is quite good. Tomorrow the carpentry will come to install. I am crossing my fingers ....

Yeah. definitely. You pay for what you get. End of the day, i just want someone who is responsive enough to clear my doubts and to do my job smoothly. human error do happens and we as owners should ask for reasonable things as well.

I think Lina is lucky enough to get me as customers!! Hahaha.

Anyway, i can see that she tried her best in every single way. I even receive email and sms from her like 1-2am midnight and next day 9am she is at site!! hardworking enough i guess.

I ask her how come she dont want to hire staffs to help her. but she still feels that overlooking all the projects herself will be a better choice.

She told me something which i feel that it is very logical. By taking up 10 projects you will earn a alot but in the long run you are still losing cause you can't cope with so many projects and customers lose confidence in you.

I hope she wont run away like other popular contractors though. but i believe my sixth sense that she wont la. *fingers crossed.

Yeah. definitely. You pay for what you get. End of the day, i just want someone who is responsive enough to clear my doubts and to do my job smoothly. human error do happens and we as owners should ask for reasonable things as well.

I think Lina is lucky enough to get me as customers!! Hahaha.

Anyway, i can see that she tried her best in every single way. I even receive email and sms from her like 1-2am midnight and next day 9am she is at site!! hardworking enough i guess.

I ask her how come she dont want to hire staffs to help her. but she still feels that overlooking all the projects herself will be a better choice.

She told me something which i feel that it is very logical. By taking up 10 projects you will earn a alot but in the long run you are still losing cause you can't cope with so many projects and customers lose confidence in you.

I hope she wont run away like other popular contractors though. but i believe my sixth sense that she wont la. *fingers crossed.

Welcome Tracy! Happy for you that you found your contractor, it matters most that you have the chemistry and mutual trust.

Agree that reno is a very tedious process and I'm only at the sourcing stage! Imagine the buying of things at a later stage *faint* But hope u have a smooth reno and a swee swee house after that!! ;)

Just be more careful with yr payment can le. Dun pay full at 1 time . See material liao then pay bits by bits... But i believe it should be all inside the contract :)

1 little request , do update the photo with flickr can ... phahaa

63f73fac.jpg

50758abd.jpg

8a60a6f4.jpg

e6d6edf5.jpg

took me a long time to master the uploading. Reno started 29th. 30th finish hack alr. Today will clear all the stones etc and Thursday tiling going to start Liao !!!

has been such a long time since i update. cos i havent been to the house to see the actual progress. but luckily my contractor send me MMS to keep me in progress of the reno.

my kitchen, 2 toilets and living room are halfway done with tiling. My estimated HO should be 21-22nd April. Contractor promised to provide a move-in condition. she is not confident of carpentry works to be done.

can anyone here suggest will it be alright if i were to move in without carpentry works? will it be dusty?

I chose blue tinted powder coated frame for my windows. add on 3M scorch film. big hole in pocket.

shall update tomorrow the pics!

has been such a long time since i update. cos i havent been to the house to see the actual progress. but luckily my contractor send me MMS to keep me in progress of the reno.

my kitchen, 2 toilets and living room are halfway done with tiling. My estimated HO should be 21-22nd April. Contractor promised to provide a move-in condition. she is not confident of carpentry works to be done.

can anyone here suggest will it be alright if i were to move in without carpentry works? will it be dusty?

I chose blue tinted powder coated frame for my windows. add on 3M scorch film. big hole in pocket.

shall update tomorrow the pics!

Hi, do you mind sharing your contractor(Lina) contact with me? I am in the midst of looking for a contractor for my new apartment.

Thanks!

hi all. sorry for lack of posts in the tblog.

i moved in already and still got quite alot of things have to be touch up. my buyer for previous flat back out for the grace period she promise me. so within 3days told my contractor we have to move in. Thank god. she manage to rush rush rush and get us a moveable condition. she made her workers work till 8-9pm for that whole 3 days and i really pity them. all the buyer fault!!

so far i can say her service is really superb. i think what im paying her is all worth the money. never give me headaches. i shall take the pictures tomorrow and post it. super busy with work.

stay tuned!!

hi all. sorry for lack of posts in the tblog.

i moved in already and still got quite alot of things have to be touch up. my buyer for previous flat back out for the grace period she promise me. so within 3days told my contractor we have to move in. Thank god. she manage to rush rush rush and get us a moveable condition. she made her workers work till 8-9pm for that whole 3 days and i really pity them. all the buyer fault!!

so far i can say her service is really superb. i think what im paying her is all worth the money. never give me headaches. i shall take the pictures tomorrow and post it. super busy with work.

stay tuned!!

Usually it's us who gives her headaches one :P

I promise to share some photos. Please give some advises on improving the look!

Living room

c71e2d57.jpg

kitchen pd door with checkered wall

587d46c9.jpg

kitchen with stove support. Pending boxup for sewage pipe

c9504e7d.jpg

windows

031f2f5b.jpg

master bedroom cove light and my glass door

12317478.jpg