Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pendingkia

Life Is All About Pending! My House At Pending Road

Renotalk Forum

I got addicted to Renotalk ever since my wife shown me the nicely done reno photos in the forum. Finally decided to create an account for myself and also to start a t-blog for my new house @ PENDING ROAD.

Pending Road

For those who are not sure where is Pending Road, it is located at Bukit Panjang. Love the flat at first sight and also because of its road name that interested me. Just gotten the house keys not long ago and renovation going to start next week 26 April 2010.

DeFONG Interior Design

Been sourcing for IDs / Contractors ever since my first appointment was completed in Feb 2010. Like many of the forum guys and gals, went to dozens of IDs, Contractors. Spending most of weekends and repeating myself again and again with the IDs for ideas and quotes. Researching on web and forums for feedbacks on these IDs. What I can say is **** tired! My budget is $30k to get everything up and with this budget, most of the IDs could not meet my budget. Only a handful of them could able to. But thanks to renotalk, realized that there are hidden costs to these quotations. Luckily I found it on time and finally reduced to 2 ID / Contractor.

Due to time constraint, I decided to go for ID instead of contractor. DeFong provides free 3D design drawing for me and also charged me on the renovation items, things like consultation, layout design etc comes in as FOC (I like to see as much FOCs in the quotations as possible :) ) where else other IDs can easily charged $1k just for consultation!

Been following the DeFong thread for a while, seems like they are well known for their cheap pricing and good workmanship. Decided to give it a try and meet Jeremy up. Meeting with him was very beneficial as I learned a lot from him with all his experiences in reno. Also went to visit one of his client's house at Sengkang. A very nice house and the owner did a lot of DIY stuff (A lot of Doraemon). The house is very well renovated, the workmanship is indeed good, heard that the owner also spent around the same amount as me with a lot of carpentry work. That house visit really boosted my confidence in Jeremy and therefore I decided to give it a try.

After claiming that I was recommended from the Forum, Jeremy gave a me some further discounts and eventually settled the reno price at $28.5K.

My House

Here is my floor plan, pre-reno pics will be uploaded next week. Please stay tuned! I will also update the reno progress. Hoped that everything can go smoothly. Pending pending pending :)

floorplan.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What a nice Pending Kia~! I oso frm Bt.Panjang and our house reno oso start on the same day 26th Apr. =) Welcome to t-blog...

Hi all,

As promised, here are the pre-reno pics. Work starting today!!! Pending pending pending

entrance.jpg

Door Entrance, Huat Ah!

livingRoom3.jpg

livingRoom01.jpg

Living Room

livingRoom2.jpg

Entrance to the bedroom

room.jpg

Flooring, retro!

Welcome... :) Pending is one of my most-visited LRT stations... hahaha :D

btw, there's a thread on Defong here, not sure if it's the same one you're refering to :)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19729

Thanks Marshmallow, there's another thread going quite actively but I cannot find it already, nvm, will port using your provided thread instead. Thanks. More photos coming in soon.

Hi PendingKIA,

Saw the pix that you posted. So u bought a resale flat. I wonder how much is the COV? Seems like need to re-do everything.

I also just bought a flat but have not gone for the 1st appt yet. The house condition that I bought is quite bad but COV is $24k.

Now still sourcing for the best renovation contractor.

I went to CHew ... was quoted $73000 +++...LOL madness :P . must slash a lot if we were to choose them.

Yet to hear from another one that we had gone to.

Hi PendingKIA,

Saw the pix that you posted. So u bought a resale flat. I wonder how much is the COV? Seems like need to re-do everything.

I also just bought a flat but have not gone for the 1st appt yet. The house condition that I bought is quite bad but COV is $24k.

Now still sourcing for the best renovation contractor.

I went to CHew ... was quoted $73000 +++...LOL madness :P . must slash a lot if we were to choose them.

Yet to hear from another one that we had gone to.

COV is also around that $, yes, going to re-do everything, yours also 4A? I am redoing everything for around $28.5K only. YES, was quoted 2 times more from CH** also. Think they using gold laminates :) Why don't you try my ID? Previously I told Jeremy and William that I am recommended from the forum and they gave me reasonable quotes, think you should try to.

All the best for your reno.

Pending Kia's Renovation Day 1 -

Items -

1. Hacking, hacking and more hacking, half way completed, pending pending pending

tiling_Hack.jpg

Started off with floor tiles hacking

livingRoom1_Hack.jpg

Living room hacked

kitchen2_Hack.jpg

kitchen1_Hack.jpg

Kitchen Tiles hacked

kitchen3_Hack.jpg

Kitchen Cabinets hacked

toilet1_Hack.jpg

toilet2_Hack.jpg

Kitchen Toilet hacked

masterToilet1_Hack.jpg

masterToilet2_Hack.jpg

Master Bedroom toilet hacked

Very satisfied with the progress :) hopefully will be that smooth throughout the reno. Pending pending pending.