Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
durianlane

Life At Durian Lane

After 3 months of reading the many inspirational t-blogs, I am ready to begin my journey here. :P

The Original Floor Plan

FloorPlan.jpg

Initial plan using floorplanner"

imagepy.jpg

Consulted a FS master and his recommended layout:

IMG_0005.jpg

The suggested start work was 11 June 2010 between 1.30pm to 1.40pm.

The actual hacking will start on Monday or Tuesday. Still waiting for the final answer from the contractor/ID. :huh:

Edited by durianlane

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
After 3 months of reading the many inspirational t-blogs, I am ready to begin my journey here. :P

The Original Floor Plan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22168830@N05/4692659280/

Consulted a FS master and his recommended layout:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22168830@N05/4692659850/

The suggested start work was 11 June 2010 between 1.30pm to 1.40pm.

The actual hacking will start on Monday or Tuesday. Still waiting for the final answer from the contractor/ID. :huh:

Welcome to RT, fellow 3 -rmer!

R u staying in Lor Lew Lian off Upper Sgn Rd?

:)

Edited by curryqueen

Welcome to RT, fellow 3 -rmer!

R u staying in Lor Lew Lian off Upper Sgn Rd?

:)

Thanks curryqueen. Yes I will be moving to Lor Lew Lian ... hence Durian Lane :D

I was trying Flickr but the link doesn't seem to work. So I am using Photobucket now.

Some pics from the valuation report ... will take more and upload the rest ...

Living Room

LivingRoom.jpg

Kitchen

Kitchen.jpg

Master Room

MasterRoom.jpg

Bedroom 2 (to be covered to recreational / study room)

SecondRoom.jpg

hi

welcome ... notice u are expanding your livingroom (to held durian party in future ? :yamseng: ) & adjusting your bathroom door location. How long is your reno duration ?

hi

welcome ... notice u are expanding your livingroom (to held durian party in future ? :yamseng: ) & adjusting your bathroom door location. How long is your reno duration ?

Thanks db. Old flats have long kitchens. Since I am not doing any heavy cooking, I figure I will minimise the kitchen to have more room for dining area.

For 3i, the bathroom and wc are separated. I prefer a "one stop shop" :lol: So combining them and extending the area into the kitchen. I got these ideas from ossify and goobii ... :P

The entire reno will take about 5 weeks, 2 of which will be mainly the wet works. Complete overhaul of the flooring as well.

3D drawings (first draft) ... still waiting for the finalized version.

Living Room (hacking the paquet floor to be replaced by glossy 60x60 grey homogenous tiles)

livingarea0001a.jpg

Kitchen (changing to black cabinets, removing built-in oven, and top cabinets above stove to be replaced chimney hob)

kitchenarea0001a.jpg

Study / Recreational Room (pending finalize design of 14" storage cupboard cum feature wall)

recreactionarea001a.jpg

Master Room (design to be finalized of 10" wardrobe)

masterbedroom0001a.jpg

Combined bathroom and wc (tiles to be changed to dark grey and off white)

masterbathroom00001a.jpg

Extended bathroom with vanity top and mirror with lights

masterbathroom00001b.jpg

Dark glossy grey 60x60 homogenous for whole unit (living, bedrms and kitchen)

img1659k.jpg

Dark matte grey 60x30 homogenous for bathroom mix with cream matte 60x30 homogenous (new stock arrived!) :sport-smiley-004:

img1656op.jpg

img1661i.jpg

Cream matte textured 60x30 for bathroom mirror wall

img1655l.jpg

Edited by durianlane

Study / Recreational Room (pending finalize design of 14" storage cupboard cum feature wall)

recreactionarea001a.jpg

nice 3D drawings... kpo a bit.. :P the width of the door panels look quite big in the drawing, would they 'eat up' a lot of space (cannot put things behind)?

welcome to RT, fellow 3-rmer! very nice 3ds you've got there..who's your ID?

has your hacking permit been approved?

noticed you're going to merge & extend your bathroom as well. what are your plans for the existing toilet pipes?

wow ... impressive 3d design & idea to fully utilize your 3room. Better then mine :o

Thanks! :D There is no storeroom, so got to find ways to hide things. I think over time, the storage will still be insufficient if I accumulate too much junk. :P

nice 3D drawings... kpo a bit.. :P the width of the door panels look quite big in the drawing, would they 'eat up' a lot of space (cannot put things behind)?

Thanks pink. Actually hor, I think the panels will eat up a lot of space. Confirm cannot put things behind. :dunno: I am KIV-ing the folding panel doors and will look around for better solutions.

welcome to RT, fellow 3-rmer! very nice 3ds you've got there..who's your ID?

has your hacking permit been approved?

noticed you're going to merge & extend your bathroom as well. what are your plans for the existing toilet pipes?

Thanks lilithfiend. My ID is more of a contractor with some ID knowledge I think. He is recommended by my property agent (one-stop shop service) :good:

My hacking permit was approved before the completion date. Got the seller to sign some idemnity form.

For the toilets pipes, it will be very similar to what Goobii has done. I got the idea from him ... :dribble:

imagezllh.jpg

Edited by durianlane