Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
strawberry8

Never Buy From Poh Seng Hardware@jln Besar

Dear Forummers

I previously recommended forummers to buy their sanitary, toilet fittings and water heater from POH SENG hardware along Jln Besar, spending $1500.

PLS don't or you will live to regret it.

I bought all my stuff from them including 2 ALPHA instant water heaters, Rubine rain shower set, etc etc.

The owner kept saying the Rubine rain shower set works with ALPHA instant water heater even though I asked 3 times.

Trusted his words...how wrong I was.

After moving in and using it for barely 4 months, both my water heaters burst.

ALPHA said cannot use rain shower with their water heater.

When we told them POH SENG said can, the tai chi game started.

Now POH SENG said they never said the 2 can work together. ALPHA said they do not interfere with their distributor.

Why the **** did I buy both rain shower and water heater from the same shop if they cannot work together ????!!!!

Real asshole !!!! I am utterly pissed !

Anyone has any bright ideas to pin Poh Seng down?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear Forummers

I previously recommended forummers to buy their sanitary, toilet fittings and water heater from POH SENG hardware along Jln Besar, spending $1500.

I bought all my stuff from them including 2 ALPHA instant water heaters, Rubine rain shower set, etc etc.

The owner kept saying the Rubine rain shower set works with ALPHA instant water heater even though I asked 3 times.

Now POH SENG said they never said the 2 can work together. ALPHA said they do not interfere with their distributor.

Why the **** did I buy both rain shower and water heater from the same shop if they cannot work together ????!!!!

I'm very curious. what does a rainshower have to do with a waterheater?

I'm very curious. what does a rainshower have to do with a waterheater?

I think rainshower can only go with storage heater or gas heater.

hi, what's the reason Alpha gave for the incompatibility of using rain-shower with its instant heater??

is it because with instant heater, the temperature has to be set very high to get heated water? If so, that might be the reason why the instant heater burst (over heated).

I too recently bought a 2 way tap (italy origin), and the owner mentioned that this tap cannot be used with instant water heater, only with storage tank type heaters...I regretted later not asking him why?

anyone can throw some light to this issue??

simple.....rainshowers all require at least 2 bars of water pressure, some even require 3 bars.

no instant heaters can generate that kind of water pressure, especially if you're using them in a HDB flat, where the water pressure fluctuates and the original supply is oredi not of very high pressure.

so your rainshower will become only a trickle of water, not much of a shower.

hi, what's the reason Alpha gave for the incompatibility of using rain-shower with its instant heater??

is it because with instant heater, the temperature has to be set very high to get heated water? If so, that might be the reason why the instant heater burst (over heated).

I too recently bought a 2 way tap (italy origin), and the owner mentioned that this tap cannot be used with instant water heater, only with storage tank type heaters...I regretted later not asking him why?

anyone can throw some light to this issue??

when u say 2 way tap, i assume u're referring to a mixer? where u can select hot or cold water simply by turning the handle left or right?

mixers can do so by using 2 water inlets, namely 1 hot water inlet and 1 cold water inlet. an instant heater gives hot water by heating up the cold water supply based on the temperature setting the user has decided on.

having said that, such mixers can still be used with an instant heater. just seal up one inlet and connect the instant heater water outlet to the other inlet on the mixer. of cos, u wun be able to adjust the hotness/coldness of the water by simply turning the handle of the mixer.

and if u dun switch on the instant heater, u wun get hot water frm the mixer anyway. u wld hv spent extra money buying the mixer without fully utilising all its features. it's prob cheaper to use a normal tap in this case.

Dear Forummers

you have to READ the installation manual of the ALPHA heaters, check are they suited to run on rain showers. my guess is such instant heaters are designed such a way the water outlet connects to a showerhead with a flexible hose having a height of NOT HIGHER than the heater unit itself.

NEVER TRUST BLINDLY what the shop tells you. they want to get ur biz, take your money and that's it. they can even BS such heaters can be connected to a high-pressure jet cleaner :D

installing a rainshower means your showerhead will be WAY above the heater height. if the water pressure is not enuf to drive the heated water up to the rainshower, this creates a back-pressure (heated water flows back to the heating element tank) and the heater thinks the outlet is blocked, shutting it down prematurely.

most instant heaters have built-in temperature and pressure sensors, and if that happens and trips, what do you think will happen to the heater?

no instant heater maker will honor the warranty at all IF the heater is not installed as per their recommended installation. so it's a matter of goodwill if the dealer/agent will replace it for u FOC. the fact that both heaters died same time implied (1) there is something wrong with that batch of heaters or (2) the failures caused by the rainshowers.... which i tend to suspect the latter case.

else, you either have to install a storage heater or change the rainshower to a normal shower head.

Edited by neubie

when u say 2 way tap, i assume u're referring to a mixer? where u can select hot or cold water simply by turning the handle left or right?

mixers can do so by using 2 water inlets, namely 1 hot water inlet and 1 cold water inlet. an instant heater gives hot water by heating up the cold water supply based on the temperature setting the user has decided on.

having said that, such mixers can still be used with an instant heater. just seal up one inlet and connect the instant heater water outlet to the other inlet on the mixer. of cos, u wun be able to adjust the hotness/coldness of the water by simply turning the handle of the mixer.

and if u dun switch on the instant heater, u wun get hot water frm the mixer anyway. u wld hv spent extra money buying the mixer without fully utilising all its features. it's prob cheaper to use a normal tap in this case.

2 way tap similar to this kind re: 5684C

you have to READ the installation manual of the ALPHA heaters, check are they suited to run on rain showers. my guess is such instant heaters are designed such a way the water outlet connects to a showerhead with a flexible hose having a height of NOT HIGHER than the heater unit itself.

NEVER TRUST BLINDLY what the shop tells you. they want to get ur biz, take your money and that's it. they can even BS such heaters can be connected to a high-pressure jet cleaner :D

installing a rainshower means your showerhead will be WAY above the heater height. if the water pressure is not enuf to drive the heated water up to the rainshower, this creates a back-pressure (heated water flows back to the heating element tank) and the heater thinks the outlet is blocked, shutting it down prematurely.

most instant heaters have built-in temperature and pressure sensors, and if that happens and trips, what do you think will happen to the heater?

no instant heater maker will honor the warranty at all IF the heater is not installed as per their recommended installation. so it's a matter of goodwill if the dealer/agent will replace it for u FOC. the fact that both heaters died same time implied (1) there is something wrong with that batch of heaters or (2) the failures caused by the rainshowers.... which i tend to suspect the latter case.

else, you either have to install a storage heater or change the rainshower to a normal shower head.

thanks, great explanation!!

My hubby and I did not understand the technical part but I read somewhere in renotalk and it seemed instant water heater cannot work with rain shower.

Hence i was really surprised POH SENG owner said no problem 3 times when I asked 3 times.

He said only Rubine can work with instant water heater, not the other brands he was selling.

He is a crook, through and through.

My hubby and I did not understand the technical part but I read somewhere in renotalk and it seemed instant water heater cannot work with rain shower.

Hence i was really surprised POH SENG owner said no problem 3 times when I asked 3 times.

He said only Rubine can work with instant water heater, not the other brands he was selling.

He is a crook, through and through.

what i can suggest is, make them put the money where the mouth is, get them to replicate the SAME setup, with the SAME water pressure and try it out. see if it conks out after a while....

2 way tap similar to this kind re: 5684C

this is a normal 2 way tap.

Not mixer.

2 way tap don't have hot / cold option. It only has cold.

mixer is hot/cold. like what you see in hotel.

this is a normal 2 way tap.

Not mixer.

2 way tap don't have hot / cold option. It only has cold.

mixer is hot/cold. like what you see in hotel.

no, the issue wasn't whether it was a mixer or a normal 2 way...I brought it up because the shop owner told me that this tap

(which was a 2 way tap) cannot be used with instant heater but with storage heater. So as TS brought up the instant heater

problem with the Rubine rain-shower head, I thot there might be some commonality there.