Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nuar

Our Reno Adventure

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, May_dream1.

Thanks for welcoming.

I'll try to keep my blog updated.

Now considering if I should go for sliding out wire baskets in kitchen bottom cabinet. Very convinient, but additional expencess again... Huh...

Hi, May_dream1.

Thanks for welcoming.

I'll try to keep my blog updated.

Now considering if I should go for sliding out wire baskets in kitchen bottom cabinet. Very convinient, but additional expencess again... Huh...

How much does it cost?? But really convenient if u want to take out your pots and pans. If not much different and u love to cook like me then I think worth buying for your kitchen. Or else can install later on right??

How much does it cost?? But really convenient if u want to take out your pots and pans. If not much different and u love to cook like me then I think worth buying for your kitchen. Or else can install later on right??

My mum was also advising me to top up for baskets, she sais it's super convinient, not worth saving $$ here. :)

Recently my contractor quoted 80 per drawer - but it was for drawer, not for pull-out wire basket. Basket shoule be cheaper. I'm waiting for his revised quote and in the meanwhile wonna check price in other places.

Going to IMM tomorrow to check Song Cho.

Also saw wire baskets on Ikea website at SGD 25, 30 or 35 only, but I'm afraid the width might not be suitabe.

I quite like to cook, recently been cooking almost every day (partially because my old fridge in rental place got spoiled just 1 month before moving out, and it's really useless to fix it - I tried already, so I prefer to cook a bit every day and don't keep any leftovers). Although a bit tiring, but good for health! :P

Do you use any pull-out drawers or baskets? Which brand?

Hi Nuar,

Welcome to renotalk,

I'm sure you will find many useful information here.

I purchase an SS (Stainless steel) wire basket, use to to put below my oven; you can check it out here post #199.

There are many brands outside in the market, ranging from $50 buckets to a hundred like Song Cho, the one you saw.

You can check out Excel Hardware as well, just realised they even sell their stuffs via ebay.sg :P

For these basket do take note of the sizes, cos they come in fix sizes in different ranges.

look for the sizes that best fit your requirements, then give the measurements of that basket (facted with the sliding runners width) to your contractors,

so that he can ask the carpenters to construct one that your basket can fit into your kitchen carpentry.

Cheers

My mum was also advising me to top up for baskets, she sais it's super convinient, not worth saving $$ here. :)

Recently my contractor quoted 80 per drawer - but it was for drawer, not for pull-out wire basket. Basket shoule be cheaper. I'm waiting for his revised quote and in the meanwhile wonna check price in other places.

Also saw wire baskets on Ikea website at SGD 25, 30 or 35 only, but I'm afraid the width might not be suitabe.

I quite like to cook, recently been cooking almost every day (partially because my old fridge in rental place got spoiled just 1 month before moving out, and it's really useless to fix it - I tried already, so I prefer to cook a bit every day and don't keep any leftovers). Although a bit tiring, but good for health! :P

Hi Nuar,

Welcome to renotalk,

I'm sure you will find many useful information here.

I purchase an SS (Stainless steel) wire basket, use to to put below my oven; you can check it out here post #199.

There are many brands outside in the market, ranging from $50 buckets to a hundred like Song Cho, the one you saw.

You can check out Excel Hardware as well, just realised they even sell their stuffs via ebay.sg :P

For these basket do take note of the sizes, cos they come in fix sizes in different ranges.

look for the sizes that best fit your requirements, then give the measurements of that basket (facted with the sliding runners width) to your contractors,

so that he can ask the carpenters to construct one that your basket can fit into your kitchen carpentry.

Cheers

Hi, Dexufto.

Thanks a lot for your links. That was very usefull. I discovered online shop on their website, so now I'm more aware of how much an avarage expect per basket.... Prices look ok, but I'm still waiting for my contractor's quote, hopefully he can get it for me with discount. :)

I browsed through your blog before, but didn't notice that post, maybe it was added later. I also found your excel drawing of kitchen cabinet compartments (the one that describes where to put what) very useful. Now trying to do the same with regards to my kitchen. :) Previously I estimated what stuff put where, but excel format just makes it much more easier.

Thanks for idea! :)

J.

I am thinking of doing more drawers but that is more ex so maybe will have pull put baskets for casement cabinets. Still searching around since my reno only starts in march. Let me know what your contractor quote u :D thanks thanks

I am thinking of doing more drawers but that is more ex so maybe will have pull put baskets for casement cabinets. Still searching around since my reno only starts in march. Let me know what your contractor quote u :D thanks thanks

Wow, your reno is still a long way to wait... But it's good to plan early. :)

Actually my contractor told that he is also gonna buy from Excel, so the price will be the same as on their website. One thing I don't like about their baskets, is that they are quite short - only 480mm deep. Since a standard depth of bottom cabinet is about 600mm - looks like a lot of space is gonna be wasted... Ikea's baskets (they have three sizes: 350mm, 450mm, 550mm width) have the same depth - 560mm, so can put more things. :) I'm gonna go and check them this weekend. If quality is ok, I buy from Ikea, as the price is much more attractive - 25, 30, 35 SGD! :)

Most important, must check with contractor if they can fit them into my cabinet...

Wow, your reno is still a long way to wait... But it's good to plan early. :)

Actually my contractor told that he is also gonna buy from Excel, so the price will be the same as on their website. One thing I don't like about their baskets, is that they are quite short - only 480mm deep. Since a standard depth of bottom cabinet is about 600mm - looks like a lot of space is gonna be wasted... Ikea's baskets (they have three sizes: 350mm, 450mm, 550mm width) have the same depth - 560mm, so can put more things. :) I'm gonna go and check them this weekend. If quality is ok, I buy from Ikea, as the price is much more attractive - 25, 30, 35 SGD! :)

Most important, must check with contractor if they can fit them into my cabinet...

:( ya, its still a long wait. No choice cos i given the seller more time to so that he can reno his new flat so the 1st and 2nd appt was delayed as long as possible.

After you go Ikea, let me know. if you think the quality is quite ok, then i might want to buy from Ikea too. hehehehe.... i think if can last 5 years, its worth it so every 5 years, can change new. just need a carpenter to change or if ikea things as easy to install as they say, i think we can do it ourselves too.

I think its not possible to extend so much into the kitchen area frm the living area.

max i think 1.5m frm the wall you gonna hack.

if you cook often, not advisable to have such a small kitchen.

Its gonna be a real challenge to plan your items washing machine stove oven laundry etc...