Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ugene512

4 Room @upper Boon Keng Resale

Dear All,

I have been looking at all your reviews on Interior Designing for about 6 months to get my self ready for my dream house!! I have fixed a theme, Modern Zen, which will have platforms/storage, wood color as the main focus.

Looking at all the terrible comments of some dishonest ID Firms , i am so afraid that i will land into the wrong hands. But, no choice at least i did my best to try to avoid by doing homework.

So this is the ID firm i have visited so far :

1) Unimax - Thoxxx

We were fascinated by his promises and his way of him handling his customers. I must say that we have clicked well with him and can see his passion for his work. He was supervising when we enter the booth, as all his other colleagues was busy he attended to us. He was 1 of the few that were wearing a jacket and he seems very professional. The way he relate and talk even to his customer that gave him a call during our discussions. Overall, exprience was very good. Awaiting for his 3-D design and space planning

2) 3-d Conceptwerke - Victor

Visited twice. 1st to pen down our requirments and the idea on the things we want to have. We gave him an option to knock down one of the walls to be creative. On the second visit, we were so surprise that he came up with 3 floor plan with diff configuration and also some reference pictures on the theme and furniture. He had also sketch a copy of one of the focus area and showed it to us. He too has passion and was delicated to his work.

My exprience with him was very good, and i am in a deliema. Both was so good!

3) RnR Interior

Young chap, seems not bad. He knows what we want and he knows whats he was saying as well. Able to give concrete and relevant details about our space we had. Overall, not bad,but will need to see the design first

4)Brick and tungsten (jeriel)

He knows exactly, wat i want or rather a man wants. Home automation, Home theatre, multizone music etc. I have a lot of fun talking to them, he understad my needs very well and we clicked very well. Is like talking to a friend that share the same interest or hobby. Overall,very good too. Would love to work with them. But still need to seer the design and space floor planning

5) Plush Living

Got a quote from them, must say it was a little high about 40++K, wasn't expecting it. But this guy And*, was professional as well. However, i just find his assitant very quiet, sit there never say or do anything, dun know for wat???? anyway, he too knows wat he is doing but maybe the chemistry not there yet

6)Euih Design

My sister friend, so far still okie la. But a friend is like quite hard to work with le, so afraid the relationshio with turn sour@

7) Desginer Guys

Quote was higher too, but i was not given the floorplan, says only i sign then can take the floorplan with me.. Hmm dun like.. although he is very nice too

SO far this is my expriences and i will try to write as much as i can after checking out the rest of the ID Firm in EXPO.. CHIONG ar.. Still have a little bit of time to my planning and searching. Hope i can get a good responsible and creative ID!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear All,

I have been looking at all your reviews on Interior Designing for about 6 months to get my self ready for my dream house!! I have fixed a theme, Modern Zen, which will have platforms/storage, wood color as the main focus.

Looking at all the terrible comments of some dishonest ID Firms , i am so afraid that i will land into the wrong hands. But, no choice at least i did my best to try to avoid by doing homework.

So this is the ID firm i have visited so far :

1) Unimax - Thoxxx

We were fascinated by his promises and his way of him handling his customers. I must say that we have clicked well with him and can see his passion for his work. He was supervising when we enter the booth, as all his other colleagues was busy he attended to us. He was 1 of the few that were wearing a jacket and he seems very professional. The way he relate and talk even to his customer that gave him a call during our discussions. Overall, exprience was very good. Awaiting for his 3-D design and space planning

2) 3-d Conceptwerke - Victor

Visited twice. 1st to pen down our requirments and the idea on the things we want to have. We gave him an option to knock down one of the walls to be creative. On the second visit, we were so surprise that he came up with 3 floor plan with diff configuration and also some reference pictures on the theme and furniture. He had also sketch a copy of one of the focus area and showed it to us. He too has passion and was delicated to his work.

My exprience with him was very good, and i am in a deliema. Both was so good!

3) RnR Interior

Young chap, seems not bad. He knows what we want and he knows whats he was saying as well. Able to give concrete and relevant details about our space we had. Overall, not bad,but will need to see the design first

4)Brick and tungsten (jeriel)

He knows exactly, wat i want or rather a man wants. Home automation, Home theatre, multizone music etc. I have a lot of fun talking to them, he understad my needs very well and we clicked very well. Is like talking to a friend that share the same interest or hobby. Overall,very good too. Would love to work with them. But still need to seer the design and space floor planning

5) Plush Living

Got a quote from them, must say it was a little high about 40++K, wasn't expecting it. But this guy And*, was professional as well. However, i just find his assitant very quiet, sit there never say or do anything, dun know for wat???? anyway, he too knows wat he is doing but maybe the chemistry not there yet

6)Euih Design

My sister friend, so far still okie la. But a friend is like quite hard to work with le, so afraid the relationshio with turn sour@

7) Desginer Guys

Quote was higher too, but i was not given the floorplan, says only i sign then can take the floorplan with me.. Hmm dun like.. although he is very nice too

SO far this is my expriences and i will try to write as much as i can after checking out the rest of the ID Firm in EXPO.. CHIONG ar.. Still have a little bit of time to my planning and searching. Hope i can get a good responsible and creative ID!!

Hi ugene512,

Welcome to RT! Thanks for your contribution. I guess this info will help all of us.

I am still looking around for the right "one" to do my new place soon. Frankly speaking, talking about expo exhibition I went there last month and I found that a lot of IDs are doing hard sell and quite pushy. So, I have a little bit negative perception about them. Not saying they are all not good or whatever but I guess for them they need to clinch deal and close case else their bosses will give them a black faces....Poor thing! But I can't let my hard earned money goes into drain just because I pity them. No choice though for a consumer like us! Rite?

Anyway, do keep us update about your selection of IDs and also update your reno journey here!!

Cheers:) Emobebe

Welcome to renotalk and writing your own t-blog!! And welcome to join the gang of boon keng too.... upper bk is nearer to kallang mrt?

do post your floor plan for us to have a look!!! I do agree with you that choosing ID is not easy. That's why we have RT to help us chat with others to learn some tips.

keep your blog alive with lots of pics and posts, ya??

Hey, thank you all for welcoming me.

Yes i agree alot of them do hard sell their product. And i am a person that do not like hard selling technique, I will write down as detail as possible.

Updates!

Yesterday,24 mar (thursday), 2nd meet up victor from 3-d conceptwerkes. Quote was about to out but then i have some requirements change again so he have do re-do the quote again. I felt so bad, he is the only one that came out an artistic impression of our house and insisted on getting down to take down all requirements first before they can quote us.

I feel that this is what an ID should do to prevent any mis-communication in the future is they were selected. No more hidden costs already so we are more secured, $$ wise. Once everything is as discuss we proceed then there will only be minor changes not big major ones that may give them a chance to "chop" us .. heheh

Will updated again.. many IDs to see!!!

Yes i agree alot of them do hard sell their product. And i am a person that do not like hard selling technique, I will write down as detail as possible.

Updates!

Yesterday,24 mar (thursday), 2nd meet up victor from 3-d conceptwerkes. Quote was about to out but then i have some requirements change again so he have do re-do the quote again. I felt so bad, he is the only one that came out an artistic impression of our house and insisted on getting down to take down all requirements first before they can quote us.

I feel that this is what an ID should do to prevent any mis-communication in the future is they were selected. No more hidden costs already so we are more secured, $$ wise. Once everything is as discuss we proceed then there will only be minor changes not big major ones that may give them a chance to "chop" us .. heheh

heheheeh..... have fun talking and finding out which ID you can trust....

Updates!

have fun looking around...i took ~2 months before finalising my contractor...

Updates!

Went to IMM to see spacious Pla***** , overall experience was -_-..

Haiz.. heard good reviews from them and decided to try them out. Went thru a series of requirements gathering with him, then he showed me a sample/photos of a recent project.

After everything, he told me my reno will not be cheap and ask me my budget. I tick the 20k-30k box, then he told be hacking of tiles and other normal works already costs that much.. so i say okie fine, i tick the next box which says 30k-40k. I was thinking how much could that be ???

He added on, a reno like urs with all false ceiling will set up back for about 50-60k at least ...

My jaw dropped..... then he told me the photos he showed me earlier was a 90k job. -_-!!

At last, he told i was try to work something out for you as much as i can. Just before, we went off he added. "If you are in a rush pls drop me a call, i am afraid that i will forget. I still have other projects on hand :) "

Which indirectly translate to " Pls remind me if not i will be too busy with my BIG projects and i have no time to entertain small business !! thanks! "

-----------------

Sianz.. kenna belittled!!!

My original Floor plan:

0012x.jpg

The many sleepless night floorplan:

001ojt.jpg

This plan has costs me so many brain cells , LOL. Finally, a dream house of my own.

Theme is Modern Zen.

Requirements

1) Will be engaging design tray to do up the platforms in the cozy corner and master bedroom. All completed with storage and hidden tables

2) A dedicated sound room to house projectors,KTV and games.

3) Home automation, using Ipad to control the lightings, av systems, aircon.... (pending budget).

- Quesystem (1st choice) :)

- Brick and tungsten

- worse come to worse will just get a harmony to do scene control for my av room :(

4) Preferably a island or bartop in the kitchen area fully equip with blum system and tall cabinet

These are mainly my concerns, the rest should be okie. Will leave it for the designer to do it for me.

Cheers

Updates!!

My sister friend from EUIH design. Managed to give her my requirements, everything was smooth and comfortable since we knew each other.However, the laminated flooring that i wanted to get , Allure from evorich, was like 7.50psf which is so much expensive then what i was quoted during the furniture fair in expo about 5.20psf.

Strange!!! How can contractor gets at such high price!!! I was thinking maybe small company hard to get good deal from them. Anyway, she advise me to get it from the fair and will remove it from the quote.

Looking forward then ..

Edited by ugene512

Updated!!.

When to design tray to confirm my measurement of the platform as i have actually went to my new flat to take the actual readings. Jac was very nice, not only did she suggested the plan for us, she has also input some fengshui opinion into it. Like the door placement and other simple stuff.

After i got the exact readings, we went straight down to expo to look for edwin from RnR, to tell about the change of plan. He greeted us nicely as usual and is very patience to hear our requirements again.

We felt very easy with him and the good thing about him is his honesty. He told us to work withing the budget we gave him and not to up our budget as he understands we are starting a family together and will need the cash for our wedding and stuff. He propose to us with the concept of priority, which is the ones that needed to be done and what are those that do not need.

We will be having our 4th meeting again to see the quotation, so far the meetings are all about space planning only.

Were very glad, hope the price will not be too much

I have attached the latest floor plan.

latestgk.jpg

Edited by ugene512

Updates!!!

Just went to rezt n relax. Had gotten the quote from then alr. I was shock to see a 5 infront!!! I like his ideas and everything but this is too much to handle given it still does not include plumbing,electrical and the platform i am having...

Although all carpentry is at lifetime warranty but still.... cannot le... expensive...

haiz

Updates!!!

Just went to rezt n relax. Had gotten the quote from then alr. I was shock to see a 5 infront!!! I like his ideas and everything but this is too much to handle given it still does not include plumbing,electrical and the platform i am having...

Although all carpentry is at lifetime warranty but still.... cannot le... expensive...

haiz

how much if add everything?

how much if add everything?

If I were to include all the reno with plumbing,electrical works and the design tray platform. It would about to about 70k !!!! Haiz.. its too much liaoz.. if i add my furniture and my sound room easily 100k ..

Haiz

Wah, like that can do EM or condo liao!!!!! Are you being chopped like carrot head???? Or you request too many stuff to custom made or quality materials?

Updates!!

Anyways, i went to meet up Alan from spacious design. He came up with artistic impression the kitchen island top, living room for me to see, which is very nice since i tot he gave up on me as my budget is not there.

But same thing here, the price was like 50+K, it is too, way over my budget although his design was very nice and he told me that i am paying for premium materials. A 20ft feature wall costs 10k, as it will be made of solid plywood and the kitchen will be using blum equivalent system. He says top quality blum system track costs 100 to 200 plus per drawer (is that true?? I wonder? )!!!!

Anyway, i told him i will think about it, too much liaoz