Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
originalbread

What Color Grout Should I Use?

grout.JPG

what color grout should I use for my floor tiles? white or light grey?

the bedroom tile is a wood like pattern, while the living room is travatine like design.

My contractor recommends white. But I'm contemplating light grey, as I don't want a too contrasty looking grout. But I also scared grey would look dirty, or even look like the floor we see in public places.

Contractor said he has not done light grey for any home before. how could it be? :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

grout.JPG

what color grout should I use for my floor tiles? white or light grey?

the bedroom tile is a wood like pattern, while the living room is travatine like design.

My contractor recommends white. But I'm contemplating light grey, as I don't want a too contrasty looking grout. But I also scared grey would look dirty, or even look like the floor we see in public places.

Contractor said he has not done light grey for any home before. how could it be? :dunno:

light grey. only for this divider. :sport-smiley-004:

:yamseng: ,

Mike

thanks Mike. Do you mean light grey only for the dividing section between the bedroom and living room or throughout? :unsure:

Hi,

Yupz only for the divider. But light grey also dun blend well to be honest :sport-smiley-004: There are many colors for grout lines actually. You can ask your ID to offer you more colors. Living room you can use white definitely. Cuz its white based tiles. Bedroom flooring maybe you can try sandalwood or champagne color. Same for the divider. Blends with the tiles.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Hi,

Yupz only for the divider. But light grey also dun blend well to be honest :sport-smiley-004: There are many colors for grout lines actually. You can ask your ID to offer you more colors. Living room you can use white definitely. Cuz its white based tiles. Bedroom flooring maybe you can try sandalwood or champagne color. Same for the divider. Blends with the tiles.

Hope this helps.

Mike

thanks Mike.

Here you go. Light brown grout lines used for my client's bathroom tiles.

20120824162830.jpg

20120824162849.jpg

Mike

yours blends well. I must have engaged the wrong person to do my house. The contractor tell me that bathroom should only use white grout. :bangwall:

yours blends well. I must have engaged the wrong person to do my house. The contractor tell me that bathroom should only use white grout. :bangwall:

Na... my house also use the basic colours white and grey. its for my houseowner one. It's becoming a trend nowadays to get grout line with blending colors. :)

Na... my house also use the basic colours white and grey. its for my houseowner one. It's becoming a trend nowadays to get grout line with blending colors. :)

Hi Mike

I finally set up my blog on renotalk. Feel free to drop by. My link

cheers

originalbread