Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PinkTissue

A Very Slow Upgrading Journey

I would be embarking on a very slow upgrading journey on 1 Nov 12. I am starting off with upgrading 2 out of 3 toilets, 2 out of 3 rooms, creating a new walk-in wardrobe, re-wiring the whole house and repainting the whole house. The rest of the house would be done mid next year (?).

Let's start with the mbr toilet. I initially wanted to have a Zen style toilet. But I took a 180 degree turn and it becomes what my ID call the 'Sultan of Brunei toilet'. I call it the KTV toilet....the no-taste type one and my friend who has engaged the same ID, gawked when she saw the design term the mbr toilet 'gaudy but nice toilet'.

Why is the toilet call Sultan of Brunei (ID term), KTV no taste style (my term) and 'gaudy but nice' (friend's term)

Let's start off with a sneak preview of the hardware. I am too lazy to take the pics of the actual items as they are nicely packed in boxes.

Master bedroom toilet

The gold tap

8063401750_2d671b3c5e.jpg

IMG_0878 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

The basin

8063403318_33f3271657.jpg

basin by PinkTissue, on Flickr

The water traps

8063399781_21161b4309.jpg

T24CqfXolaXXXXXXXX_!!80144182 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

The towel ring

8063399993_455e09b0d5.jpg

T12DiMXm0iXXXcCO74_053405 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Edited by PinkTissue

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The towel hanger

8063401358_7f2479329f_q.jpg

T1WEO8XfVkXXcvjGja_120120.jpg_b by PinkTissue, on Flickr

This shower set but in gold - the one showed in the pic is brass

8063401504_b88eb2c6c0.jpg

T1LsrqXhlrXXXi.eI8_100303.jpg_310x310 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Gold shower screen

8063402790_e3196f7f54.jpg

IMG_0853 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Victorian style WC in this style but with gold/yellow flowers.....my ID egged me to get a gold WC.....but I draw the line at that

8063402189_bcbbb90496.jpg

BARON_DESIGN letter M by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Blinded yet? To be continued.

Edited by PinkTissue

Welcome blogger, The photos of golden tap brings back memories of TT Durai's story of long ago.

Look forward to more pictures.

If u really get a gold wc, I feel it will be wow.... This idea is really great! Maybe I will do that for my new hse! :dribble:

My ID together with the sales girl (after seeing the pic of my gold tap), tried their very best to get a gold WC. But......it just reminds me one of the toilets in those spa where the secret society met where they discussed their 'underground' business. I think I have been watching too many of those Hong Kong serial shows. The gold WC cost I think around 1k which is way above my budget.

I did consider getting black WC but scrap the idea quickly when I imagined how poo would look in a black WC. :blink:

Edited by PinkTissue

Welcome blogger, The photos of golden tap brings back memories of TT Durai's story of long ago.

Look forward to more pictures.

The infamous Durai tap.That is what a lot of people has been telling me when they caught a glimpse of my gold tap.

Hi PinkTissue! Love your Victorian style toilet bowl! Mind sharing with me its price & contacts? Thanks! :D

I love it too. My ID did mutter that he could just do a decal on a normal white WC. I think it cost $349. My ID pointed out that it is above the $250 budget he allocated for each toilet. But after some negotiation, he agreed to absorb the cost :sport-smiley-004:

You could find the complete collection here

http://www.beds.sg/bathroom/toilet-bowls-wc.html

If you want to see the real thing, you can find it at

Spazio Bath & Kitchen

513 Balestier Road

Master bedroom toilet tiles

I didn't have all the pics and I have yet to decide the floor tiles. But some of the tiles used are:

It is love at first sight for this tile which would be used for 2 sides of the toilet

8067753737_1e5f51ff72.jpg

mbr tiles by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Feature wall at one side of toilet

8067752718_9b4761acb0.jpg

IMG_0949 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Shower area flanking the shower set

8067751934_15d20979d8.jpg

mosaic by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Rest of the shower area - forgot to take actual pic - looks something like this except the tiles are slightly bigger and rougher at surface

8067758870_208be8e730.jpg

luxury gold by PinkTissue, on Flickr

I have yet to find anything I like for the floor tiles. Those I like are just too slippery for bathroom floor and those suitable ones just look so boring.

You need sunglasses in my master bedroom toilet. :jammin:

Edited by PinkTissue

Decorative Lighting at Master Bedroom Toilet

In addition to the normal LED lighting, I also have decorative lighting at the master bedroom toilet. The only problem is that I am not sure which light to use. I bought these 2 lights. One is meant for the master bedroom toilet and the other along the passage way leading to the bedrooms.

The first is a Gold Moroccan Glass lamp.

8067794320_42cedc9d39.jpg

IMG_0952 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

The Second is a Venetian style Swaroski crystal light which cost a burning hole in my pocket. Again this is another one of those love at first sight. The top and bottom part of the light are hand blown glass domes with delicately hand painted flowers.

8067795957_466e056298.jpg

IMG_0940 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

The consensus seems to be that the Swaroski crystal light should be at the passage way where more people can see.....and also it is a very silly idea to have an expensive light in a wet and humid area like a bathroom. But I am torn. The Swaroski crystal light would give the master bedroom a much needed boost to lift itself from the realm of KTV toiler.

So what do you think?

Ahhh......my eyes......

Congrats n wishing u a smooth reno journey!

Nice taste for ur mbr toilet! Go w wat u like.I also put a mini chandelier in my previous mbr toilet. Haha

Selection of Door and Drawer Knobs for Master Bedroom Toilet & Walk-in Wardrobe

8071307609_1a60690e14.jpg

DSC00003 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Vanity counter top at master bedroom toilet and parapet at shower area

I really like onyx but I cannot afford it so I have to choose the next best favorite - rose aurora marble

8067751714_6059f7e6dc_z.jpg

roseaurora-lg by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Edited by PinkTissue

I am so tired. Have been OTing everyday.

I believed that it is the little accessories which shows off your own personality.

Master Bedroom Toilet Bath Accessories

Labrazel Crystal Vine Gold set made in Italy. This is pure indulgence. I won some vouchers and with newbie discount, manage to get some of the 'cheaper' items at a GREATLY discounted price. It is so expensive. The tissue box itself cost US$645 (not kidding). My vouchers enabled me to get a few items at a VASTLY discounted price. If not, I would not be able to afford any of the items there. According to the seller, the items are made of sparkling lead crystal is deeply cut with an enchanting leaf and vine pattern, then embellished by hand with gold. The pump dispenser features solid brass trim plated in 14 karat gold :blink:

8081959953_dd2bcb0a0a.jpg

labrazel-crystal-vine-gold-italian-glass-bathroom-accessories by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Gold Tooth Brush holder - I could not resist this. My mbr toilet screams so much of 暴发户 that the owner must have gold teeth. Since I am NOT going to get gold teeth, I got a Gold Tooth Brush holder instead :D

8081954554_1d7c661a41.jpg

Propaganda-tooth-at-oodotcomdotau by PinkTissue, on Flickr

And lastly, an antique looking dustbin in rose gold. I draw the line at a GOLD dustbin so I opted for a softer rose gold

8081986316_9da43c49e2.jpg

T2w0OqXbxaXXXXXXXX_!!683616767 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

My ID is very bemused by the items I bought for the bathroom. Did I mention that the master bedroom toilet vanity is in gold? :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by PinkTissue

Master bedroom toilet tiles

I didn't have all the pics and I have yet to decide the floor tiles. But some of the tiles used are:

It is love at first sight for this tile which would be used for 2 sides of the toilet

8067753737_1e5f51ff72.jpg

mbr tiles by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Feature wall at one side of toilet

8067752718_9b4761acb0.jpg

IMG_0949 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Shower area flanking the shower set

8067751934_15d20979d8.jpg

mosaic by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Rest of the shower area - forgot to take actual pic - looks something like this except the tiles are slightly bigger and rougher at surface

8067758870_208be8e730.jpg

luxury gold by PinkTissue, on Flickr

I have yet to find anything I like for the floor tiles. Those I like are just too slippery for bathroom floor and those suitable ones just look so boring.

You need sunglasses in my master bedroom toilet. :jammin:

I love these golden mosaic tiles, can you tell me where you bought them and the price Psf?

Thank you