Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Philips Lcd !

Home > ST Forum > Online Story

Aug 29, 2007

Philips TV sound malfunction, but service centre denies there is a problem

I BOUGHT a Philips 20-inch LCD TV last November.

From day one, our family noticed that the volume is extremely soft and we had to set it to the maximum to barely hear the sound.

Because this is the second TV at home and Philips does not offer onsite service and we do not have a car, we sent this unit to Philips service centre only in July. However, we were told that no problem was found and everything is within specifications, and our complaint is due to individual differences.

I believe my hearing is all right, if not perfect, Moreover, a few other customers in the waiting area in the service centre shared the same feeling that the volume is soft. And I learnt that there are two Philips LCD models having similar problems and that Philips is aware of this.

I was asked to bring the set back home, and was told that a manager would call me within a week. This seemed to be the end of the story. No one bothered to contact me and, when I called back a week later, the automatic system informed me that the case had been closed.

Eventually I reached somebody on the phone, and I was promised somebody will call me back. So far a month has passed and I believe I have been totally forgotten.

Eric Yao Xu

http://www.straitstimes.com:80/ST%2BForum/...ory_152623.html

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I had 2 Philips TV and 1 LCD all my life, no problem so far until it died of natural death. Only complaint I have is the subcons engaged by Philips to install the LCD on the wall, they are crap. They left before they could ensure that everything worked fine, refused to return when I called them up again. The helpline is another joke altogether, this B**** over the phone simply replied "YEAH" when I asked if that's the kind of service and standard I can expect from Philips.

After that unpleasant experience, I won't be getting anymore Philips products ever. To think that I have to bug Harvey Norman (the place where I bought my LCD from) to solve my LCD problem. Thumbs up for HN!.

Only complaint I have is the subcons engaged by Philips to install the LCD on the wall, they are crap. They left before they could ensure that everything worked fine, refused to return when I called them up again.

I thought the delivery men can only leave after you sign the acknowledgement form? Nothing they can do if you just refused to sign mah.

But if you had already signed and let them leave, then yes, its true they will never come back again. Their salary is very much dependent on the number of cases they could handle.

Unfortunately, I wasn't the one who signed the acknowledgement form, I wasn't at home that day, and my maid handled it all. Since it was a technical issue, I couldn't get any decent help from the technical hotline either.